Feedback on the rolling start tests

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hi all,

I need a full room of RACE 07 drivers tonight to test the rolling start in RACE 07 for our upcoming RaceDepartment league. Normally we always use standing start but this must be sorted to make sure if we will use it or not.

Please only sign up when you are 100 procent sure you can join. I need a 25 player field to check WTCC cars on some tracks.

Thanks if you can help us out on such a short notice :thumb:

Server:
RaceDept.com Test

Password:
***removed***

Starting time:
20:00 GMT (UK: 21.00 Europe: 22:00)

Line up: (only when you are 100% sure you can join)
  1. Bram Hengeveld
  2. Roy Stevens
  3. Mark Apat
  4. Xose Estrada
  5. Theo de Bruin
  6. Jerome Benard
  7. Ricky Willox
  8. zamal_GT
  9. Jens Piskorsch
  10. Gareth Hickling
  11. Simon Trendell
  12. dubbe
  13. Pouetos
  14. olivercamos
  15. Edika
  16. Mikael Hellen
  17. Nevermind
  18. Neil Tennant
  19. Eckhart von Glan
  20. Wido Rossen
  21. Mehmet Arikan
  22. Kristofer Larsson
  23. Jens Hoeppner
  24. Marc Kollinger
  25. Kristofer Larsson
Thread moved from Racing Club to RACE 07 forums (bug reports)

After what I saw I think the only way to do a good rolling start is do it like this:

Standing start --> first lap of the race is formation lap --> rolling start (race starts in lap 2).

I think this is what few mates called before "manual rolling start", and can be very cool.

Cya!.

• Mark Apat

4 the record:
i did not qualify in any event ( of the 4)

i joind for SWE and was p17, the left line of cars was kind of moveing slower then tha right one..
after R1 i got another car in the pits

ITA was the same thing with the lines movieng at different speeds (same as in SWE)
and before the start, a chevy popped up on the grass left side for a short time
i got a blue flag warrning in L1 parabolica
and a lag end start L3

SPA in valencia (sorry Bram...) all was same, different speeds of lines, and after R1 there were 2cars in the pit

all same in Brno except for 3cars after R1

i don't know was it me.. or... isn't that sorted out yet :(

Watching the Monza start from the back was intresting, because of the lack of variety in starts it all bunched awfully at the first corner, I almost had to stop. Brno was just awful. Anderstorp worked ok and Valence was good apart from the 4 wide action I followed into T2.

next test night with manual rolling starts?

these pre-programmed rolling starts are a joke.
Apart from my trying to figure out my new wheel and setting up a new driver profile since steam had gobbled up my good one :( it all worked out, but it is very mediocre.
The difference in starting speed can give you up to four places advantage I figure, after 30min quali that is really bad: you lose four places that you have fought hard to get in the first place. Like Xose, I fancy a manual rolling start: Set lap config one higher. Start, form single file, go 80-120 km/h, apex of last turn form double file, entering straight pole sitter decides on speed, no overtaking before start finish (if i remember correctly this is what we did in the VR league) works like a charm with sensible racers. Should we do a test?

• Jerome Benard

After what I saw I think the only way to do a good rolling start is do it like this:

Standing start --> first lap of the race is formation lap --> rolling start (race starts in lap 2).

I think this is what few mates called before "manual rolling start", and can be very cool.

Cya!.

I think its the best solution for having a good rolling start. Like the GTR2 league.:thumb:

Firstly sorry i couldnt make it tonight to help out the test,but i had a feeling it wouldnt be a positive outcome,i run in another WTCC league that is doing the "manual formation lap" starts for race one,and normal standing start for race two,i think everyone there found the rolling starts no problems at all after a little bit of practice,hopefully soon there will be a night of some "manual formation lap" starts practice and i will make a point of attending.

Well the last one i was in i was placed 3rd as we started, just before we cross the line my car was going ALOT faster than any of the other cars, With that I passed every car plenty before T1,

Blueflags on the first one for me also, If we want rolling starts then we have to run them manually,

Have noticed listed things too:

- different start speeds on left vs right side
- cars getting hit when under computer control
- my car shifting a gear too high in the moment of gaining control resulting in very low revs forcing me to shift back
- blue flags right after gaining control

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years