AC FC1 2009 Williams FW31 0.9b @Spa GP Sun 24th May 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ok. Not enough time to do highlight video but there are footage from my first 1½ laps:
1st point,

Well done for removing tags in the video...no naming and shaming! well done

2nd point,

I think you were genuinely unlucky to get envolved with the back of the pack who perhaps don't have quite as much experience to handle these beasts against the fast guys! They will only get that experience from entering more and more races!

This will in turn make closer and more fun races!

these cars are the pinnacle of motorsport with huge power and huge downforce! we have to accept there will be mistakes by us all until we have more practice.

Its wonderful for me that we have so much support for these races and makes the whole experience of hosting them a pleasure!

EDIT: Point 3, get the Ferrari skin, I will send you a link tomorrow;) its on RD somewhere.

Ok. Not enough time to do highlight video but there are footage from my first 1½ laps:
On a more positive note (if we forget about the mess), the replay in itself looks awesome! Apart from some wobbling now and then, it looks (and especially sounds) like a real race footage sometimes. :) Thank you Kunos.

This was my first race with Race Department. I had a blast during the race.

Unfortunately, I must say I'm dismayed at the number of complaints logged here over other racers. It's not like we're professionals making a living racing and our point standing are damaged. It's supposed to be for FUN, if you get wrecked out, well that's part of the fun too...just keep going and climb your way back up. Damaged egos will only discourage others from joining in to avoid the antagonistic reactions.

Looks like Physical damage was set to 30% for this race..I suggest Ego damage be set to 0% in the future. :):):)

Here's what the paid drive can do on their starts 1978 Italian Grand Prix

Here James Hunt was overtaken on the right hand side by Riccardo Patrese and Hunt instinctively veered left and hit the rear right wheel of Peterson's Lotus 78, with Vittorio Brambilla, Hans-Joachim Stuck, Patrick Depailler, Didier Pironi, Derek Daly, Clay Regazzoni and Brett Lunger all involved in the ensuing melee. The race was restarted nearly three hours later, during which time on the formation lap for the second race another crash occurred causing a another substantial delay to make barrier repairs. On next restart, Villeneuve overtook Andretti, but both drivers were judged to have gone early and given a one-minute penalty. Looks like the pros have problems too! But hey it's all FUN!

"Be quick, and as I remind every driver I coach prior to the race, have fun" (Ross Bentley, 2003)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I must say I'm dismayed at the number of complaints logged here over other racers. It's not like we're professionals making a living racing and our point standing are damaged. It's supposed to be for FUN, if you get wrecked out, well that's part of the fun too...just keep going and climb your way back up. Damaged egos will only discourage others from joining in to avoid the antagonistic reactions

Mostly I agree what you said. But as long as post race writing is kept in friendly and constructive ( like in most of the threads ) I don't see anything wrong there:thumbsup: Quite the opposite, if it's properly done it makes us better drivers and thereby next race will be even more fun.;) And imo it's better that accidents is discussed here so By the next race everything is forgotten and no hard feelings to anybody:)

Egos has nothing to do with here (at least not from my side) It's just trying to create better driving experience for everyone compared to puplic servers and learning from mistakes. Because race without accidents is million times more fun.

I must admit that maybe some of us here at RD take simracing just a little bit more seriously than casual puplic server drivers, but not in bad way.

Anyway, welcome aboard:). See you at next one:)

Ps. Sometimes also language barrier is thing to blame for how some post may sound. I myself have sometimes difficulties to write so that it sounds just like I think it supposed to in my own language.

Just to make things clear.

It wasn't the end of the world for me. Not even close. :)

I only said it because it looked like racing on public server. If you take a look what's written in the beginning of the RD Club Race rules, you can see this one:

" What everybody in this community has in common is that they want to race in the cleanest possible way without the rammers, wreckers and poor attitudes found on public servers. "

I think ignoring blue flags and collisions (other than typical racing incidents) shouldn't be part of the fun and friendly Club race. Especially when we aren't professional racing car drivers but just racing games for the fun.

Looking forward to race with you guys again. :)

Imo it's just a matter of getting used to the speed of these cars, as the tiniest misjudgement can result in a collision. Things just happen so fast that you don't have much time to react.

@Si: would like to suggest the A1-Ring for one of the next events :)

Reactions: Si
This was my first race with Race Department. I had a blast during the race.

Unfortunately, I must say I'm dismayed at the number of complaints logged here over other racers. It's not like we're professionals making a living racing and our point standing are damaged. It's supposed to be for FUN, if you get wrecked out, well that's part of the fun too...just keep going and climb your way back up. Damaged egos will only discourage others from joining in to avoid the antagonistic reactions.

Looks like Physical damage was set to 30% for this race..I suggest Ego damage be set to 0% in the future. :):):)
Normally, you wait for your opponent if you shot him out! Or write after the race short apology.
Greets;)

Had a fun race, went with softs to start with but the fuel load was way under estimation, had to pit earlier than I thought. Then I went with mediums but they were pretty much dead with 5 laps to go, so I spun out and that was me :(. @Mo Selvarajah: granted you are very quick, but please have some patience when passing, you went for a pretty hectic dive pass on me twice, the first time hitting my wing and presumably your bumper. It's a long race and you're much quicker, not sure what the rush is... Anyway, congrats to all! Catalunya next would be great!!

so for me the race is very happy because I don't have connection issue:))))) If I put enough foul to my car I can finish on 4 place I think, but in the last lap I have to the pit and put some fuel :)))
Simon, I had a maybe same issue in the last race, maybe you can send this video also to the developers here is the link:
And I did the soft-soft combo and in the end I had 94% it's very fun :)
This combo I found very comfortable I like every single lap from this race. Spa is designed for the F1 cars, and the F1 cars designed for Spa:)

I had that exact same bump in Pouhon all of a sudden during the race. Never before, just then, and that was what led to my retirement in the end. Pretty strange, since I thought it was due to earlier damage, but then I remembered I took the corner fine the previous 10 laps after the damage.

Had a fun race, went with softs to start with but the fuel load was way under estimation, had to pit earlier than I thought. Then I went with mediums but they were pretty much dead with 5 laps to go, so I spun out and that was me :(. @Mo Selvarajah: granted you are very quick, but please have some patience when passing, you went for a pretty hectic dive pass on me twice, the first time hitting my wing and presumably your bumper. It's a long race and you're much quicker, not sure what the rush is... Anyway, congrats to all! Catalunya next would be great!!

couldn't disagree more dude, and feel free to watch the replay. on overtake attempt no.2, You braked much earlier than me, i wasn't even trying to overtake, in the end i had to make the move, or go into you.
You'll notice that i made the corner fine.you gave plenty of room so not sure what your issue is there.

As for the first time, you weaved, twice, coming over eau rouge onto the straight. That's why i hit you and it was lucky we both didn't go off. I'll put the replay in here if you'd like.
You moved to the left to defend, i went right, you then suddenly went right - thus moving twice.
My advise to you - you have 1 move to defend, and thats it.

Last edited:
OK Guys! that's im drawing a line under this now! it wasn't a perfect race, there were incidents!

Learning curve for all! if you have any issues with another driver please sort it like gentlemen through a pm, if not please file an official report with me @Akis @Ricardo

Please remember that these are club races for FUN! and 99% of the time we do! These F1 events are very popular (and difficult) so lets not ruin it for everyone else.

couldn't disagree more dude, and feel free to watch the replay. on overtake attempt no.2, You braked much earlier than me, i wasn't even trying to overtake, in the end i had to make the move, or go into you.
You'll notice that i made the corner fine.you gave plenty of room so not sure what your issue is there.

As for the first time, you weaved, twice, coming over eau rouge onto the straight. That's why i hit you and it was lucky we both didn't go off. I'll put the replay in here if you'd like.
You moved to the right to defend, then suddenly went left - thus moving twice.
My advise to you - you have 1 move to defend, and thats it.

@Mo Selvarajah : Sorry if it seemed like I was defending, was not at all :unsure:, was actually darting left and right to keep out of your way to let you pass, and it got quite sketchy as a result :confused:, glad we didn't wreck, that was my concern, I don't want to ruin your race, and will gladly let you pass :thumbsup:, was obvious at the time you were much quicker. I'm not too consistent in these cars yet, so making mistakes under braking and cornering sometimes, pretty frightening the pace of these cars and how quickly passes can be done. No worries, all good! Congrats, very nice race:geek:.

....sort it like gentlemen through a pm, if not please file an official report with me @Akis @Ricardo.
My bad @Si, I'm sorry, being stupid for saying this in the thread :unsure:, I know not to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Si
Sorry if it seemed like I was defending, was not at all :unsure:, was actually darting left and right to keep out of your way to let you pass, and it got quite sketchy as a result :confused:,

darting left and right to keep out of my way is probably the worst thing you can do, :)
anyway at least now you know, safest thing you can do if a car is coming up behind is just 1 move either left or right, done.

darting left and right to keep out of my way is probably the worst thing you can do, :)
anyway at least now you know, safest thing you can do if a car is coming up behind is just 1 move either left or right, done.
Yeah I generally don't do that in the races, I know not to, not sure why I did it, will look at replay later, sorry about that, lesson learned.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back