AC FC1 2009 Williams FW31 0.9b @Nurbs GP Sun 17th May 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks to Simon for setting up the event.

The mod is great fun and I enjoyed driving on my own for practise earlier but as usual I fell victim to the PC I'm using at the moment.

Once I joined the server I was averaging about 18 fps which dropped to about 10 fps during the race. Also my steering would go light and the brakes would stop working when the computer started to run out of resources. Which didn't help! Haha.

Anyway decided to at least make it to the end. I've got a blinding headache now but I made it. Haha.

Just need to save up for a new PC. Not possible at the moment unfortunately. fingers crossed I'll treat myself to something before the end of the year:thumbsup:

well, strange race for me...had a great start and ended up P2 at T1 but I couldn't hold the guy behind for more than a lap.
Had relatively good first stint and pitted from P3 and this was where all good in the race ended. My mouse is in such place that every time I have to pit, I am loosing few seconds but this wasn't my biggest problem. My biggest problem was actually ME and due to what seems like a brain fart on my part, I filled the car with 120L of fuel (clikced Fill):cautious:. So I lost 1 position to @Geof in the pits and almost lost another one to @Tomi Manninen but with full tank, the car was a nightmare to drive and after running wide, Tomi took the place. Wanted to continue but the car was just a pig to drive so i think around lap 20-21, had enough and retired.

Thanks for organizing it Simon :)

Reactions: Si
Nice to get a very rare win.

My cunning plan was to set the car up to use six gears. It worked well, got me on pole.
Normally I get overtaken at the start but it didn't happen this time :thumbsup:.

Tentative start, lost a few places, but soon settled into a nice rhythm, gained a few places with people going off, had a good chase of @Chark but he was too quick I soon fell behind, pitted had a decent second stint mostly alone, coming home 7th :thumbsup:
I must say the guys up front were extremely quick :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
Thanks @Si :thumbsup:

Reactions: Si
Slow start for me, found the front guys about to lap me on lap 14 so I went into the pits a lap early, the people around me seemed to have the same idea so a few of us went in, really fumbled the fuel setting (white car in front of me so I couldn't read the fill amount, lol) but had more pace after that, I was catching up to @PaulH until I had a spin coming out of turn 1 on around lap 27 that pointed my car right at the wall, didn't want to back across the track so I had about +20 seconds of 7 point turning it to drive again. Car really needs more steering lock...

Thanks for the setting up Simon,
So I had nice start and the first few laps are very fun, but happened very strange thing:
When I drove I saw cones on the line, I can't imagine how this things was there....
My other problem is the connection issue, as same as yesterday, anybody have some idea for this?

Thanks for the setting up Simon,
So I had nice start and the first few laps are very fun, but happened very strange thing:
When I drove I saw cones on the line, I can't imagine how this things was there....
My other problem is the connection issue, as same as yesterday, anybody have some idea for this?
ok, well that's pretty weird!!! I would certainly advice removing the RSR livetiming app. that can cause all manor of problems.

By removing I mean completely delete the files! not just disabling the app.

I had such an invisible jump in Silverstone turn 1, when driving too much on the outside, the car got kicked. No RSR installed though, anything else that can cause this?

Once again, I enjoyed these Williams. :) The handling was much harder on this track (compared to the other weeks), as the car was boucing all the time when exiting most of the corners. Driving a bouncing ball does not make the driver confident, that's for sure! Therefore, I drove safe and avoided any major mistakes. Also, thanks to @Andrew Harper, @Sharjeel, and @tomeee for respecting brilliantly the blue flags.

[...] had a good chase of @Chark [...]
Nice battle with you @PaulH indeed! I had maxed out the downdorce so I gained ground in the corners, but I saw you coming back in my mirror during the straights. Cool racing. :thumbsup:

Thanks @Si for this Sunday F1 races, always nice. Congrats to the winner @IRobot and @Tobias Röhner, you were fast in these single seaters, as always!

Here are my settings, if it can help you...
On the technical side, thank you @Geof for making my AC experience better. Beforehand, the FFB seemed a bit rough (and even sloppy for some cars). But lowering the filter, the road and slip effects was what had the most impact for me. The force feedback feeling is now much better. :thumbsup:

P.S.: it looks like the Nürburgring workers put some new asphalt which regenerates the tyre's rubber! :devilish: Even the supersoft compound remained close to 100% for the whole second stint.

Qualified in 15th which was decent for me since I was lapping at 1:47s when I first drove this car during practice. Managed to improve by almost 10 seconds in quali and punched in a time of 1:38. This would any way go to waste since at the race start I was sent to the pits for reasons I dont know. I think that the braking is kind of discretised for this car since 2009 HUD app provided with this mod would register a 0 or 100 % even with a slight tap on the pedal. As a result I would slow down using downshifts most of the time but occasionally use the brake which would cause lockup and send me wide quite a few times. I went for mediums for the race which was probably a bad choice as I still had them at 100% by the end of the race. Probably the softs could have gained me a second or two every lap. I don't know. A decent race nonetheless as i finished in 11th.
Cheers!

Sorry I couldn't stay on the server. Had no feeling on FFB on this track for some reason, and I couldn't find a way to fix it. Odd because last week at Monza it was fine.

have to say guys! thanks for all the entrys but I don't think those cars suited the track! will test Donny later.

not as much fun as Monza/Spa. even Silverstone was a better experience in the cars.

Hey @Si ? No results? I like to see my name on the Internet sometimes when I am not typing it myself in the Google search bar :)

ok guys, well tyre wear was set to 90% obviously if its not 100% it must 0. sorry about that, wont happen again. I set it up yesterday and wanted the supersofts to last a bit longer to make them a viable race tyre (for 5/6 laps) clearly that didn't work as 90% is the equiv of turning it off completely.

have to say guys! thanks for all the entrys but I don't think those cars suited the track! will test Donny later.

not as much fun as Monza/Spa. even Silverstone was a better experience in the cars.

Yeah it was a good field, was hoping for about a dozen and to get that many was great.

When you asked the question about which track, what came to mind was tracks that I would love to see F1 cars on but probably never will. I know places like Brands are difficult to pass on but the roller coaster ride (like Donny) would be great. My only other suggestion would be the Paul Ricard track? It's a nice piece of work :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back