AC FC1 2009 Williams FW31 0.9b @Barcelona GP Sun 31st May 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had the random bump thing again in the race - much earlier in the race this time, though. Never had it once in practice, so no way to be prepared for it.

Probably wasting my time doing these races until they fix it, 2 DNFs in a row now due to it. And I know people will say it's probably setup related, BUT if I don't experience it once in practice, there's no way to fix it before the race.
This track was too bumpy for the cars in general! I went totally stock with the set up and it was fine!

This track was too bumpy for the cars in general! I went totally stock with the set up and it was fine!

Mine was basically stock with different wing. It was fine on that corner all the way through practice and quali - hence my post. As we saw in Spa as well, it seems totally random.

Well guys!

It would appear that the FW31 is nearly ready for its update...

As FC can not give a release date and we will need to test it b4 running a club event I am proposing to run the McLaren MP4/13 (that V10 scream) next sunday at Paul Ricard! (this will also remove the bottoming out issue)

I have tested it and its fabulous! also considering allowing TC and ABS as it can be a handful!

Any opinions?

Have driven it once in an AU club race at Adelaide, factory settings and no damage. Was good fun, so would most likely be up for it.

Tomi

”Maximum Attack!”
@Si I think we should give FF1 2015 v1.2 another change. In my mind it feels great at this stage:thumbsup:. You should at least try it. When you do some setups it feels just like I think they do in real life.

I think I'm minority on this, but I like how these cars handle and sounds more than older F1 cars:whistling:

But it's totally up to you, don't do any decisions just from my opinions;)

Tomi

”Maximum Attack!”
Actually, now that I have tested all three mods in a row, they all feel absolutely stunning in their own way:). So, for me at least it doesn't matter which one you choose.

Well guys!

It would appear that the FW31 is nearly ready for its update...

As FC can not give a release date and we will need to test it b4 running a club event I am proposing to run the McLaren MP4/13 (that V10 scream) next sunday at Paul Ricard! (this will also remove the bottoming out issue)

I have tested it and its fabulous! also considering allowing TC and ABS as it can be a handful!

Any opinions?

One of the legendary cars. I'm up for it.

@Tomi Manninen I had completely forgot about FF15. Having now completed a few laps in it i am surprised at how nice it felt! i think this might be our go to car for next week and maybe beyond!

Still toying with the idea of allowing TC and ABS (optional) to encourage more racers to enter!

Oh and
When you do some setups it feels just like I think they do in real life.
Care to share? ;)

Tomi

”Maximum Attack!”
Care to share? ;)

I didn't even save those what I did. It was just a quick test and change few values as I had changed with other F1 cars. But if I find goog setups, I gladly share those with you;)

Btw, what does " League Edition available so you can race in leagues with a locked data file" mean? There is some additional file included.

The ff15 is fun. Feels good as well. The Drs is silly with no zones. I ran some races with it and felt the car handled well. I did not have to adjust the suspension to keep from bottoming out like at spa and Barcelona. The fw31 ride height was key. If it bottomed out in a turn you would get a nasty bump. Though with good ride heights and shocks it disappears. The ff15 sounds is smiliar to the real thing. The MP4-13 is the best feeling car and sounding as well. If anybody would like I have a Barcelona fw31 setup they can try, no bumps. Let me know and I can share it .

Geof

I never lose. Either I win, or I learn.
@Ville-Samuli Mutanen, No problemo mate, I've seen the replay and there were nothing to do for you. But I'm still wondering how can the golden rule be interpreted differently sometimes, as the main actor of the incident just continue his run like nothing happen, and even didn't mention it in post race conversation? Not cool mate.

So sorry if I wasn't able to found enough motivation to carry on after the laps 3, I had already got 2 incidents, car damages in red all around. That's racing, I'm not complaining. But the first lap incidents are very tiresome.

Congrats to the ones who finished!
Thx @Si to bring F1 in the RC!
See you next.

Apparently I caused an incident yesterday, but I definitely don't remember having a touch with anyone, so if someone could just post video proof of it, then I can apologise. Obviously I can't apologise for what I do not remember.

Apparently I caused an incident yesterday, but I definitely don't remember having a touch with anyone, so if someone could just post video proof of it, then I can apologise. Obviously I can't apologise for what I do not remember.
You had a bang of wheels on turn 6 of lap one! causing an incident, you then drove off without waiting. I have it on video but im not posting publicly here. im sure a n apology would suffice :)

You had a bang of wheels on turn 6 of lap one! causing an incident, you then drove off without waiting. I have it on video but im not posting publicly here. im sure a n apology would suffice :)

As said, I don't remember touching anyone. Thus the request. I don't have it on replay. :)

But I apologise if I touched anyone, I honestly don't remember it but if I knew about it at the time, I'm sure I would have waited. Next time I will be more considerate.

Here are my sets from that event.
edit: I didnt use the mediums for the race, but here it is. It will doo high 21 low 22.

Attachments

• race.ini
    2.1 KB · Views: 204
  • racetall gearq.ini
    2.1 KB · Views: 222
  • racemeds.ini
    2.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.5%
  • €151-500