RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That was more fun than I expected.

Sorry Ben for the mistake in the alfa, bonehead move on my part. Other than that my races were pretty clean for the most part. Was just barely touched from behind in the Lola race turn 1 but ended up in the guard rail with the rest of the field stuck in a jam. No problem who ever pushed me. I had no great expectation in the Lola there. All in all enjoyed the day ended 5th in 2 races. Thanks Andrew good event Marty

• Matt Crouch

Muchos enjoyment in Monaco when you finally get to know a fairly good line round the track. I did better than I was expecting (by finishing all of them ;), and qualifying higher than I expected for all of them) and the event was v good.

First race in Alfas was quite a while ago now, too far to remember any of it :shock:

Second race in Rads, first off, as usual, sorry to Stuart :( :sad:. I braked slightly earlier than usual for that corner, but when I saw you were coming into it slower my wheels locked and the magnet kicked in, and sorry to Michael who then had no choice but to run into me, I was the last finisher for this race in 8th I think.

Third race, quali'd third in a now rather small grid, was probably my best start off the grid, then after T1 I look behind and see a huge pile-up, just James, Keith and me got away and there was little chance of me keeping up, especially after James' blinding quali lap. Spun after a while and lost some time from Keith, then I think Keith got disconnected :confused2:, leaving me in second, with the gap lingering between 19 and 25 seconds in both directions, although James got quite a bit further in front by the end.
At least I can say it was my second podium (on RD ever) :wink2:

Monaco was my favourite track in F1GP, back in the days when I didn't even know how to brake properly so I played with auto braking and steering help on :D. Was good to relive it. Preferred these cars to the Berlingo's :). Shame so many people chickened out. As Gary said in the practice it's all in your head

Thanks for organising and good races

This is my first time booting up with STCC installed so I decided to give it a run in the sharp looking Volvo C30. ...very top-heavy and wants to swap ends at will during any type of switch-back maneuver.

The Peugout was the same to me. Wanted to swap ends & twitchy with my first setup. Coudn't keep it on the track in Race 1 so I exited to the pits and searched for another setup. Used the Simbin Zandvoort setup for Race 2 and was still kinda twitchy but much better.

Race 2: ...I tried to hold of the pack of Gaynall, William, and Christian as long as possible but my car finally gave up at the end of lap 13, setting me back from P6 to a finish in P8.

Was fun running in that pack! But sorry for the punt on the last lap. My fault of you dropping a few places. Coudn't get it slowed down and was hoping you would make the turn before I tagged you but just clipped you. :sorry:

Great racing! Mid-Ohio is always fun! :dance2:

Race report, and thoughts:

Quali: Very fierce between myself, Ries, and Torbjorn. With me eventually getting 2nd.

Race #1- Start was clean. Got away and into 2nd behind Ries with Gary right on my tail. Lap 5 we came up on a back marker and this allowed me to get close to ries he made a slight mistake going around the uphill right and I got to the outside of him. Ries moved me over onto the grass (squeezeplay) which killed my momentum. Lap 10 had a huge run on Ries but he maintained his tight line on the front straight no possible move. Lap 11 we came up on Andrew evans who was off track and Ries checked up, I slightly tapped him with no consequence, but I believe it rattled him. He made a few slight mistakes following this which lead up to the pass for the lead. Entering the last corner I was right on Ries where I backed off just enough to allow a good draft run to attempt an outside pass. I had a huge head of steam and was making my way passed when Ries moved up the race track and oveshot his brake point. I saw this braked early and cut to the inside and we then carried on side by side for the next 2 corners with me just managing to hold on for the lead. The very next lap Ries had a run down the straight and attempted an outside pass. He wasnt ever passed but he attempted to squeeze me inside and there was contact which sent him wide. (I was the leading car, so I carried on as I felt no fault of my own) 2 corners later Gary attempted an outside pass which resulted in contact sending him off course (again I was the lead car and the contact was IMO no fault of mine which is why I carried on)

Now with the lead I felt I could hold off. And the lapped cars were all doing great. With the exception of 2 incidents. On lap 19 I came up on someone who ended up braking about 20 cars early for T1 with me behind. at that speed I was unprepared and sent him off. (writing something about this after) Then with Ries in hot pursuit We carried on until just before the uphill right, when another lapper was undecided about his lane choice and I rear ended him sending him off and this is when I decided to end my own race. (Will carry on writing about this after race 2 report)

Shame this race ended the way it did. Ries, Gary, and I went 19 laps bumper to bumper within. 2 seconds of each other.

Race 2: Started 22nd cause I ended my first race due to contact with lappers

Was not right in the head and creeped forward then almost reversed into the guy behind me. So a SNG right off. Withing 2 laps was up to 11th and then pitted. Came out in 18th place and began driving like mad. After a long hard drive I finished 7th, and was happy to finish.

I want to start of this writing about the lapping by apologizing for my remarks in game. I was upset and all in all the lappers handled them selves incredibly for the cars/circuit combo.

Now as for my two incidents. These were isolated and were both the result of erratic actions on the cars beind lapped. As said about maintain your racing and be aware that the leaders are coming through. Do not attempt to swerve out of the way or immediately brake to allow us through. This causes wrecks due to speed of travel and the human reaction time. After watching the replays start to finish I didnt see many mistakes on the lappers part. It is just hard to swallow when one erratic/avoidable move decides the outcome of a race that is 3/4 in.

Now looking for some incite here. Myself personally I had 2 contacts with lapped cars that resulted in them both going off the track. Both of these contacts were in my mind no fault of my own but a result of erratic moves while being lapped. After the first one I carried on. After the second one I decided to end my race. How does this fall under the contact rule? Do I need to stop in this situation? These were isolated erratic moves that cause the contact, but I still felt as though I needed to pull myself out for what had happened. Also to note the 2nd guy that I hit was about 4 laps down at that point also.

Thats my report I know its alot to read, but will give you guys something to do at work.

As for the pictures I know. I just got dual monitors setup so im still noob with it. Enjoy :)

Attachments

• squeeze.jpg
    squeeze.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 221
  • no air.jpg
    no air.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 208
  • incident with ries.jpg
    incident with ries.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 202
  • incident with gary.jpg
    incident with gary.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 216
This was a fun event. Had some wicked battles.

Quali- Pushed hard and was a toss up for 2nd. Ended up getting 3rd.

Race #1: Sai has a wicked jump and got by Cristian for the lead. I maintained 3rd with Michael close on my heels. Lap 2 through T5 Sai went wide Cristian got through I almost did but backed out to prevent contact into T6. Lap 3 coming out of madness Sai over accelerated getting his car outa shape and I got through. Lap 4 I got loose heading near the pits and went wide. Sai got a run and passed me into T1 then he got onto the curb and went around. Shortly after entering the carousel I went around too. putting me back to 7th allowing Michael, Warren, Peter, Sai, and Yves through. (GRRRR) :p Peter went off in T1 on lap 6 up to 6th. I believe Yves let me by lap 6 also due to his wheel troubles. (Sorry m8 hope u get a new one soon) Into 5th. End of lap 6 Michael went off allowing Warren into 2nd. Now a 3 way battle Michael, Sai, and myself. And it looks like Sai's tires are going.

From lap 8 on it was me and Michael battling it out until the last lap headed into the pit section I put alot of pressure on michael and he went just wide enough for me to sneak in and we went side by side almost to the finish line with me just taking 2nd place due to Cristian running out of fuel. Well done Warren on the win. Video will follow tonite or tomorrow with footage.

Race 2: (tired of typing :p) GOod race, good start, no contact, ended up running with MH again and another epic battle. Video will follow.

WD Warren on race #1 win. And Sai in Race #2.

This was a good race for me consistent and ended up with the overall win which I am happy for.

Thanks RD, and organizers.

Keith B

Attachments

• Sai around.jpg
    Sai around.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 181
  • tight pass.jpg
    tight pass.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 196
  • tight pass2.jpg
    tight pass2.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 436
  • Chris Rodgers

I'm expecting to see lots of Australian and New Zealand skins in this race. :laugh2:

There probably isn't even an NZ skin in the pack as we hadn't pulled finger and formed a Nations Cup team last I saw...will make sure we do better next season though if not :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%