RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

This is really a fun, flowing, drifting track. The competition was feirce tonight, in qualy the top 6 were all within a second of one another, and even though I set a pb in qualifing I was still seventh.

Race one good start but almost hit Warren so I backed off and almost swerved into Peter. Then had a fun race although not overly fast in 6th and 7th place until unbeliveable quick Cristian ran out of fuel and a couple of others crashed. Ended in 4th.

Race 2 I bumped Cristian in T 1 and after waiting was last and just held on having a few good battles with Gaynall. Was a fun night, see you all next time and thanks for coming out for the races.

2zejzmr.jpg

This is a joint AU, USA event, but others are welcome - if there is room.

Server: Racedepartment AU USA
Password: click here:

Class: STCC
Track: Karlskoga
Weather: Dry

Practice: 2.00 GMT (Friday 9.00PM EST USA) (Saturday 12.00MD AEST AUS)
Qualification: 2.30 GMT 15 min (Superpole)
Race: 2.45 GMT 2 by 14 laps (Forced Pitstops)

Notes: STCC expansion pack required - Pit stops have a minimum 2 tire change.

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. William Yunck - SKIN
  2. Marcel vd Aa - SKIN
  3. Olaf.j Linortner
  4. Timothy Miller
  5. Sai Yip
  6. Keith Barrick
  7. Rafael Barbosa
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Edenilson Penco
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Once again, Mid Ohio turns on terrific racing, this really is a great track.

I've been dying to say this for a long time, so please permit me some fun:
"An old fart in a Volvo wins a race. " :laugh2: :wink2:

Ok, now for the report.
I chose the Volvo S60, because I drove it in a recent STCC race at Falkenberg, and wanted to see what it might be like on a more open and flowing track. I actually found it to be pretty good, once I got used to it's taily habits (a bit like the Chevy).

Qualified in P5, better than expected in this company of aliens.

Race 1. Managed to hold P5 for the first few laps, despite driving rather cautiously. On lap 5, all the luck fell my way. Sai touched the curb in turn 1 and spun. Then Keith got the dreaded wobbles into the first chicane and spun off. I was now in P3 and decided to push harder and try to hold onto Michael's tail in front. That gave me a front row seat to his calamity, as he went spectacularly over onto two wheels and slid into the fence over the infamous hump. Cristian had aleady opened a sizeable lead, so I put my head down and hoped that Michael could hold off Keith and Sai. I maintained the gap to Michael who was doing his job well, :clap:, and surprisingly on the last lap I passed Cristian who was crawling along out of fuel. Cruel luck for Cristian.
So I managed to get the win, but only thanks to a huge amount of luck.

Race 2. I used up all my luck in race 1, because Race 2 was basically ended in turn 1. I was following Keith into turn 1 and as we exited, he suddenly veered left to reveal Cristian's BMS sideways across the track. I threw out every anchor I had and swerved to the left, but bounced off Cristian into the fence. (Sorry Cristian, nothing I could do :disapointed: ). By the time I got going again, the poor old Volvo was very second hand, and not handling too well at all. Cristian recovered behind me, so I thought I would try to give him a race to make it interesting for both of us. I think his car was as damaged as mine, so it was a bit messy but close fun for a few laps. Cristian passed me twice but spun not long after passing both times. After his second spin, I had a lonely race but was catching a couple in front, however it was hard work with the car not wanting to go where it was told. Eventually finished P5.

Great fun again guys, Mid Ohio must be one of the best tracks avaiable to us.

Just to remind you, here is an extract from our Racing Club Rules:

4. Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then you are free to assist by easing off the throttle.

Bravo, I was hoping for that. I was going to search for the same, also reminding that racing rules say "only when safe to do so"... people need to chill out, its all for fun! If you are lapping people, dont make it hard for them, the race is already hard enough (they are being lapped!)

Thanks to who ever hit me and then waited (race 1) :handshake:

Race 2 - ended up spun at turn 1, and then T Boned! Damage not repairable :(

Suggestion (apart from me spelling better) if you have a tight track, maybe restrict the number of runners to 18? something like that...

Hmmm... sounds like I had a bit of a result in missing this one.

Perhaps a server with just 4 slots for the self appointed elite so they can race each other without the tiresome nuisance of other lesser (slower=lesser in this world, clearly) drivers is the way to go.

This was my 3rd race at RD.
Had a very bad setup for this track. I was very slow in the first 3 corners. But mostly could open a gap in the following fast corners.
I got lapped by the top trio. Tried to pull out the way and hope I didn't disturb.
Had a cracking battle at the end and had to play defense. We crossed the finish line side by side but I was still ahead :)

In the second race I crashed into a lapper also :(

I have to work a lot on my setup's to get faster.

• Jason Parks

Manuel, great duel at the end of race 1, was tight stuff, loved it :) Same time if I recall, but u still nicked it hehe

Race1: I was 4th when I made a huge mistake, and got back to 8th. I had a battle with Tim after that, which he won. Sorry for the crash in the second last corner!
Race2: Things were looking great, for about two laps I managed to stay close to Sai, then I only worried about staying ahead Michael. I tried to push as hard as I could, and spun. Both Michael and Keith passed me. After that I was alone until the end of the race when Warren appeared in my mirrors.

Thanks for the races!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline