RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Ha, missed this one for some reason...
Count me in.

Will be using the PAR Promo BMW Yves was refering to Download Here

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 196
Today I downloaded the track and had to practice a lot to get used to it. Never heard of it before, but very interesting layout and easy to mess up a lap if you don't get the line right. Nice choice Eric!

This time I did my test runs with a significant amout of fuel (55 liters to be exact) and during training sessions (less grip) to get used to more race like conditions (lesson learned from last event, I hope it will actually work out).

Since I was way off the pace with the default setup I will attach the one I ended up with today. Also if you allow me a little hint - don't follow the racing groove through Turn 2. You can go full there in a nearly straight line. (see picture)

I hope we can meet on track on Saturday.
Nico

Attachments

• setup_nico_mid_america.zip
    837 bytes · Views: 134
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 257
Racing today had a bitter taste, ....
In general when you lap people you drive your line and you assume the lapper will to BUT you also you assume he has the intention to move off the ideal racing line on a proper moment well in advance.
Now most of the times this isn't a real problem but tonight, especially on the track we raced and with pos 1, 2 and 3 so freaking close behind each other, it proved to be a big issue.

If I was getting lapped and saw 3 cars steam training towards me I would get the hell out of the way even if it costed me 10 seconds. Cause you do not want to end a few peoples race let alone DECIDE the outcome of a race. Everyone remembers the F1 accidents and how long they was reminded of their mistakes ?

Now in the corners it was damned hard to move over but still doable but I can imagine it gets tight there but I seen people on the straight just cruising along while 3 cars where eager to pass and already on the bumper of the guy when he started the straight ? I mean...what the hell lol. That would be a DQ in a real race right away.

Just to remind you, here is an extract from our Racing Club Rules:

4. Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then you are free to assist by easing off the throttle.

It is also our Racing League Rule too.
There is no requirement for lapped drivers to simply "immediately get the hell out of the way", they are expected to maintain their line and allow the faster driver to overtake cleanly when it is safe to do so. Just because you are involved in a race up front and lapping cars, you don't own the track. The lapped cars will get the blue flag warning and should allow the lapping car to pass as soon as it is safe to do so, but within reason.

I have not looked at replays (yet), but I have read the chat log and wasn't impressed at the abuse thrown at the lapped drivers. These are Racing Club Events, aimed at friendly fun, so a little patience doesn't hurt. Please remember that not all drivers here are skilled and experienced drivers (that's probably why you are lapping them) but they still deserve some respect.

As I mentioned in my post I did bring it quite hard and was in the heat of the moment but I just feel it needs some attention in general to make people aware. I know the rule and I have agreed to it but just check the replay and you can see some actions that aren't wanted in RD according the post made about the direction RD wants to go in.

Nice race guys, had some fun there… an interesting and different track for sure.

For a Nordschleife “lover” like me, I liked the fact that the track had a good “flow” (the corner sequence), was narrow, but all in all, at the end, I was bit dizzy with those 52/53 secs per lap ;)

Race 1
Started 5th on the grid, after a so-so start managed to keep my position (as I think there was carnage behind me). This race was a bit lonely and spent most part racing alone in 5th. After the DNF of one of the front runners went 4th and 4th it was my final position. A natural one if a may say as the 2 front runners were .4 of second faster than me per lap, and the 3rd .2 of a sec faster, so in normal conditions I wouldn’t be able to catch them.
Race 2
With the grid inversion started 5th and did a bad start dropped to 8th right away. Within a few laps, others misfortunes climbed to 5th. From here was involved in a fun race long battle with Jan Wikströn. His car was faster on the tight parts (the chicane) but I was confident with my straight line speed and the capacity of arriving quicker to the 1st corner. Had some intense moments there with him (later with Paulo too) and like many had also bad luck with some of the lappers (I even received a full broadside and my car was airborne for a few meters at a certain lap), but I guess it could have been worst and at the end I settled for the 5th stuck behind Paulo.

My direct thanks to Jan and Paulo, for a clean and fun battle (2nd race) and also to all who participated.

Congratulations to the winners (individual races and overall).

...If I was getting lapped and saw 3 cars steam training towards me I would get the hell out of the way even if it costed me 10 seconds. Cause you do not want to end a few peoples race let alone DECIDE the outcome of a race…
I know what you mean; I was 4th in the middle of a battle and was hit on my side by the 15th when he was going a lap down…
I was even luckier earlier as by lap 3 or 4 (yes, already) the 22nd (from memory) completely crossed my front at turn 1 without touching my car (like in a movie) when he was going a lap down.

One wonders, why was the 22nd trying to break test the 4th? The truce is, he was out of control already a few meters earlier… the machine was taking the driver, not the other way around :D

Although one sees "red mist" at the precise moment, %$&#ing at the screen and such, one has to remember that any of those guys didn’t do it on purpose (at least with me) and I bet they are even more gutted with the situation that I (who was on the receiving end) will ever be after a few mins.

Also (I think) we have to be sure not to scare good potencial on-line racers away, something in likes of the below attitude:
At that club they are all addicted and go too fast and above all want me to get out of the way

Wish I nervously do but I end up always trashing someone

Damn… I better keep away from on-line racing
The track was kind of hard for the newbie, narrow, quick, short lap so the potential for trouble was really there, I’m sure the decision to race there had into account the spice up it would come from giving laps to delayed racers.

Being a chronic positivist, I’m sure those who did a few mistakes gained some experience from them and next time they will be better racers.

Although there were people circulating 20 sec slower per lap then most at that race, when I type “better racer”, obviously I’m not speaking of how quick one is… yes, you all guessed, gentlemen driver gents:bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%