RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Racing today had a bitter taste, I enjoy it very much I've been on for hours today lapping on Limerock. Jolly good track.

But in the 1st race me Keith and Gary caught up with people very fast which we needed to lap. Us 3 was tail gating within 1.5 second and it was intense.

More intense however was when we spotted people that we where about to lap.

In general when you lap people you drive your line and you assume the lapper will to BUT you also you assume he has the intention to move off the ideal racing line on a proper moment well in advance.
Now most of the times this isn't a real problem but tonight, especially on the track we raced and with pos 1, 2 and 3 so freaking close behind each other, it proved to be a big issue.

If I was getting lapped and saw 3 cars steam training towards me I would get the hell out of the way even if it costed me 10 seconds. Cause you do not want to end a few peoples race let alone DECIDE the outcome of a race. Everyone remembers the F1 accidents and how long they was reminded of their mistakes ?

Now in the corners it was damned hard to move over but still doable but I can imagine it gets tight there but I seen people on the straight just cruising along while 3 cars where eager to pass and already on the bumper of the guy when he started the straight ? I mean...what the hell lol. That would be a DQ in a real race right away.

Also in race 2 2 people crashed in the last corner before the straight..they got back on and where accelerating. However I was moving in with much more speed and assumed they would hold their line since they went so slow.
If you get in this situation especialyl on a straight please just hold your line and go straight...the one coming from behind with more then 100kph faster will make the proper move. In this case I got slammed up side down in the pit shamefully.

All in all I love the Races and most of the time we have a few issues and mistakes but thats racing. But tonight was just plain wrong, I might have said it a bit harsh ingame but I felt it had to be said ..hence this post as well.

Really hope this will be brought under the attention of all drivers by the staff since this is not a issue to be overlooked at all.

• Matt Crouch

got disconnected from the internets on the grid for the second race so only a first race for me :(

First time I'd tried the car and track was the very start of practice, think I would really have benefited from some alone time with it because it was quite difficult to get any real laps in with that many people on the short track. Ended up with the second to last time most of the way through and qualid right near the back.

Sorry at the start Michael, I pressed the paddle but it didn't click and I failed to change into second, don't think anything bad really came of it though :). Not a lot really happened in my race, stayed near the back for most of it. There was a lot of lapping as we discovered :spy:. I don't think I got in anyone's way except for nearly squeezing Gary into John (which I think was a difficult situation for John because he was being lapped twice by the front runners and also by me, while I was also being lapped.) By the end of the race the field was very mixed up... Anyway, if I did get in anyone's way, sorry :wink:

Thanks for the event. Was a good combo :)

Felt like i had a god race setup, but maybe not the best qual one which gave me 8’th on the grid.

At first corner it was very tight with a least 3 cars wide and so I managed to bump someone (didn’t have nametags on so I don’t know who….. but really sorry)
I was also hit from behind and cars where sliding all around so I didn’t know who to wait for, let some 10 cars pass before I carried on. On that jump on 1'st lap I managed to lose the car (first time there I think) and so I was last….
Had to struggle to get past cars a bit slower then myself but had some nice fights and finally ended up in 9’th

Race 2, started 9’th and had a great race seeing others go off and me gaining position. During the second half I had a tremendous battle for the 3’d place with Joao an Paulo, but I think I had better grip and finally 2 laps from the end I could take the 3’d spot.

Really fun cars an track

Well done everyone, and thanks Gary & RD

Race 1 was a bit of a bad race, was doing well but got stuck behind a lapped car or 2 and couldn`t pass without going on grass due to weaving, it may have been panic or inexperience i hope...... and not just blocking. Then when i did get past a car rejoined the track right as i reached it and totally did my head in, so much so i went straight on at first turn lol. Let everyone pass and rejoined about next to last, carried on until leaders caught me and quit to pits.

Rac2 was a lot better, had a terrific battle with Jeff for quite a few laps until he made a mistake in the first turn and i could get past. Eventually finished 10th but really enjoyed this race.

Thanks for organising.

Oh nearly forgot, Keith made me laugh at start of second race when he lurched forward then reversed right back into me almost as lights went out very funny indeed.

• Jason Parks

Well I really enjoyed these races, well 1st LOL Finished 5 places up in first race, think I got out of the lappers way, btu my bad if I didn't sorry!! Was really good fun and loved these cars!!

Second race didnt go so well, got slammed into someone, not their fault tho I do believe, so battling from 21st was gaining, then on second lap, couldn't get out the way of a spun car and punctured, was no intent just my dumb ass reactions!!

Well done to the winners and podium finishers....

Ries I know where you are coming from, but getting savage like that in the game doesn't help anyone......Of course the back of the pack being lapped should move out of the way in the best possible movement, ie non dangerously, but that only comes with experience...

Thanks Admin and RD, really appreciate the work put in :)

Hey guys, good news and bad news for some reason. Good news, a secret Santa has gifted me STCC so I will be able to join you, Thank you very much you know who you are, the bad news I get booted out of the server when I join with the BMS Incognito which will be my car for the night. Im also running this skin:http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=14243

Here's my setup in case there is someone with a C200 racing :p I achieved 1:28.6xx in practice mode, dunno how this stacks against the E90 or up to date touring cars.

Might be the custom skin. Try a defualt and it might work.

The qual pace and then the race pace was just simply Fierce and crazy!,a good start put me on the back of the lead fight and i was driving out of my skin just to hang on,the close battling ahead kept me in the fight really,i even had the lead a couple of times for about .4 of a second,but it didnt work out....2nd finish was good for me.
Race 2 i seemed to get the hop on 2 or 3 cars down to T1 and enjoyed some chasing down and passing action,all only possible with the respect and little bit of racing room given by the gents i was racing with :good: Respect right back at ya guys!,i tried to build a nice lead and hope it was enough to take it to the finish,Torbjorn was closing in all the way to the finish but not enough thankfully.
Gratso's to tonights podium monkeys,and all who take it to the chequered! :good:
Many Thanks RD for making it all possible.

------------------------------------------------

I had mainly good experiences with the guys we were lapping tonight,not a very easy task for them at all,especially with 3 completely insane battling demons closing in at warp speeds within 10cm of each other,a couple of times our 3 way battle caught up with other 2 or 3 car battles going on for us to lap,i thought taking everything into consideration they done a bloody good job overall,front runners cannot expect the guys they are lapping to evaporate or become ghost mode until you get past or for them to drive off the track to make way (something i sometimes see and really hate to see,never do that guys!).
Tonights race was like a condensed version of tight frantic action in a confined space where front runners very soon became entangled in the whole field a lap up on them,i reckon taking everything into account it went quite well and most done a very good job of letting us through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back