Favourite type of race?

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
I was just wondering what peoples favourite race type was. The reason I ask, is that many moons ago on Gran Turismo, my mate and I got tired of racing Vipers, TVR's and stuff, and switched to racing fully tricked out Mazda Demio's. Slower, but just as much fun.

What's your fave?

Medium cars, sprint defo. I love a good battle in proper cars! Minis are fun but just too slow to be exciting, whereas the big cars tend to string fields out too much, and can be frustrating to drive. So it's banging wheels in touring cars for me :)

• Jaius Dewing

it has to be the Medium sized cars e.g WTCC on enduros for mine, i luv the fact that they are easier to handle which generally means closer racing! I find this much more enjoyable when u are door to door with someone battling it out...

I just like racing...and since i don't have a wheel yet (just built my first gaming rig a few weeks ago) i stick to the 360 controller for windows and Pinnacle Game Profiler. As such, i stick to sprints more than anything else. About 10 laps or 20 minutes usually. Hope to bump that up once i get some better setups.

• Morgan Sowerby

I like the GT cars with both enduro and sprint racing. Open wheel is also fun but usually only for sprint races.

I just like racing, doesn't really matter what. But as the poll said choose, I opted for medium sprint & enduro thinking along the lines of WTCC, fastest Radicals and Caterhams. However, when I'm in the mood, I'd skip all of them for some Mini action.

Currently I am tending towards Enduro events in GT classes and of course the Mini's, but I am enjoying exploring all the classes as I still don't really know that many cars well at all (except maybe the mini).

Endurance races have more dynamics to them (pits, setup and tyres play more of a role) and you get many a good battle over the course of an evening, lasting 20 or 30 mins or more sometimes, which makes consistency even more key ... great for a full fun packed evening as long as you don't mess it up too early!!?

• Chris Standring

Being new, im finding medium cars (WTCC) and sprint races to be most fun currently, i expect that will change to enduro with bigger cars as i pick up more experience though. Long distance has always been very appealing to me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%