Favourite Films/Movies?

I was searching RD for a movie thread, but can't seem to find one (point me to it if I'm wrong). I'm sure plenty of people are looking for new and awesome movies.

So.. what are your favourite movies? Give reasons as to why your favourite films are worth a watch!

Here's my list from best to a-little-less-good-but-still-very-good:​
1. Into The Wild
2. American Beauty
3. SLC Punk!
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Donnie Darko
6. Pulp Fiction
7. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
8. The Lovely Bones
11. Little Children
10. Requiem For A Dream
11. Goodfellas
12. The Kids Are All Right
13. The Chumscrubber
14. God Bless America
15. Trainspotting

Bonus: the Senna movie is one of my favourites as well, but it's more of a documentary so I didn't include it above.

To sum it up:

Into The Wild is my favourite movie of all time (until I find a better one), because the beautiful music, story and locations really touched me like nothing else. The atmosphere in American Beauty is all-round fantastic. Although most of you won't have heard of SLC Punk!, it's a funny yet compelling story about two punkers whose lives go terribly wrong which is definitely worth a watch. Reservoir Dogs is bad-ass and funny and the rest, well... everything is worth watching in my opinion.

Judging from this list, what movies would you suggest I should watch?

Fight Club
V for Vendetta
Saw
The Truman Show
A Clockwork Orange

Those are some Of my favorites that weren't on your list. My favorite movies are the ones you have to watch multiple times to really grasp what you've just seen.

Not in order:
LOTR Trilogy - Hobbit
Pulp Fiction
Seven Years in Tibet
All the President's Men
Grave of the Butterflies and other Miyazaki cartoons
Little Big Soldier
Shawshank Redemption
Malcolm X

In no order

Angels and Demons
O'Brother Where Art Thou
The Dark Knight
Harry Brown
Inglorious Bastards
Indiana Jones(1-3)
Enemy of the State
Platoon
Saving Private Ryan
Rocky 1-4
The Italian Job(60's)
The Untouchables

Probably a lot more but those are off the top of my head.:geek:

In no order:

Seven Samurai
Saving Private Ryan
Conan the Barbarian
Rocky 1-4
Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction
American Beauty
Everything is Illuminated
Silence of the Lambs
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
and many more...

Lots of my favourite's have already been said above, but I would add "Inception" to that list. My favourite ever movie though, is "The Evil Dead" from 1981. It's terrible acting and glaring mistakes make it absolutely hilarious, but it's quite scary at the same time!

Have you seen the remake Shane? I found it on a stream site and saved it for another time but the production values and acting were good up till I stopped. I love the evil dead too lol See this? THIS is my BOOMSTICK!

Have you seen the remake Shane? I found it on a stream site and saved it for another time but the production values and acting were good up till I stopped. I love the evil dead too lol See this? THIS is my BOOMSTICK!

I didn't see it yet, but I actually heard that it was quite dissapointing. They will never make as good a movie as the original though ;)

And here is the full movie of the evil dead if anyone wants to see it.

• James Bond movies
  • Mission Impossible movies
  • Invictus
  • Senna
  • Taken movies
  • Bourne movies
  • Transformers movies
  • Blade Runner
  • Independence Day
  • Fast and the Furious movies
  • Gladiator
  • Police Academy 1
  • Keinohrhasen & Zweiohrküken (German movies)
  • Knocking on Heavens Door (German movie)
  • Oceans 11, 12 & 13

Are You Film Crazy?

img_bottom_filmroll.jpg

Well are you? i try to watch every film their is, i like all genres , sci-fi being my most liked & crime films :)

what films do you like the most?
For me i really liked Obvlivion, i liked the concept of it, but my most top rated movie of all time must be shawshank redemption, along with Green Mile & Avatar.

what films have you seen so far in cinema this year?
  • Gangster Squad
  • A Good Day To Die Hard
  • G.I Joe Retlation
  • Obvlivion
  • Iron Man 3
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
  • Fast & Furious 6
out of all these films i really enjoyed Oblivion and Fast & Furious 6, Gangster Squad was based on True Story, the film was really good.

so what's yours?

Best movies i´ve seen are these, (alot of other movies comes close but the standouts are these)

Green Mile
Scarface
Fight Club
Snatch - probably Brad Pitts best role ever,
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels,
Inception
District 9 (f´n loved the main character)
Pan´s Labyrinth.
Wall-E
Life of Pi

And almost anything Luc Besson has produced/written.
Leon
Fifth Element
The Big Blue
Danny The Dog

Haven´t seen any movie yet on Cinema this year. Lots of crap like the "Pacific Rim" or some other money-film they pump out these days.

But saw Hobbit and Life of Pi and liked both but Life of Pi was something special for sure.

Edit: and a small shoutout to mr. Tarantino. Brilliant movies. Kill Bill, Django, Inglorious Basterds.

I merged these two threads together

img_bottom_filmroll.jpg

Well are you? i try to watch every film their is, i like all genres , sci-fi being my most liked & crime films :)

what films do you like the most?
For me i really liked Obvlivion, i liked the concept of it, but my most top rated movie of all time must be shawshank redemption, along with Green Mile & Avatar.

what films have you seen so far in cinema this year?
  • Gangster Squad
  • A Good Day To Die Hard
  • G.I Joe Retlation
  • Obvlivion
  • Iron Man 3
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
  • Fast & Furious 6
out of all these films i really enjoyed Oblivion and Fast & Furious 6, Gangster Squad was based on True Story, the film was really good.

so what's yours?

I've seen all except Gangster squad and Fast & Furious 6. Fast & Furious 6 opens this coming Thursday so will probably go see it over that weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back