F1 2010 Favourite Cars?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Just want to get peoples opinions on what they think are the best career cars in the game and why they think so.
My self im only in my first season running with lotus on intermediate setting and i dont really have an opinion on what cars are good.
Im nearly finished my first season only four races left and i have recently took up a new contract with force india and i hope i picked a good car to drive with because lotus are not the best team imo.
So any feedback would be great.

Cheers

there is a fairly distinct difference in the performance of said cars. how well the game reflects this i dont know
That's the real question. We all F1 fans know how it is in reality, but what about in the game ? Only testing would tell, and I also would like to know.

Oh, and you are completly right about Lotus and the old/new teams discussion above.

i didn't test the cars myself, but judging by ai performance, the new teams are running way faster than they should, especially hrt, which in real life is not able to contest any other car in any situation but in the game is frequently reaching Q2.

and williams is very underrated in this game.

What you say about news teams is true, but that's kind of an evidence when you have played the game just a bit. I was more concerned about the 3 top teams. Codemasters probably averaged some real datas to define the ingame cars performances but at which level ? (also until when regarding the real championship ? Considering those cars also had their performances changed by development from race to race during the championship). Would be interesting to know if they made RB better, or McLaren or Ferrari, or maybe they made them equal (and made "groups". RB=F=MC, then Mercedes, then etc. Based on what pre-season private practices and the first few races was showing us, as there was kind of a consensus in fans community about this)

By points it's RBR, McLaren and Ferrari, with Alonso over-achieving in the F10.

I bleed red, so my favorite car will be one of the Tifosi, whether it's good or bad :) I chose the Virgin over the Lotus to start my career. The Lotus is huge compared to the rest of the cars. Gascoyne's design is very bland and really doesn't flow too well. It looks basic and boxy. Hoping to see a much better offering from them in 21011.

• karolek1

1. Renault
2. Ferrari
3. McLaren
4. Red Bull
5. Sauber
6. Toro Rosso
7. Williams
8. Mercedes GP
9. Force India
10. Virgin Racing
11. Lotus
12. HRT

I've done a little bit of testing with the big teams and found the McLaren to be the fastest for me. Depending on your driving style though, it would be between Red Bull and McLaren.

I went with William's lovely in game drive (for me) and sadly the only independent team left in F1. And also English and based in Yorkshire (I'm a White rose) so I went with them and wear my George Cross helmet with pride.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%