Favorite tracks

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by William Wester, May 11, 2014.

1. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +498
    To start, I am not complaining as I am happy with the GSCE cost to benefit ratio, and having a blast with "some" cars on "some" tracks. With that said, I am not familiar with many of these tracks (USA resident) and I am finding it hit or miss to find tracks I enjoy running with the heavy and less maneuverable cars on like the stock, v8's, and Camaro's. Many of the tracks are very short and/or have strange characteristics without a good flow. I have also tried a couple community added tracks and most of these were worst (liked Sebring though) - some it's a chore to get out of the garage.

Can anyone recommend the cream of the crop GSCE tracks - those with a good flow and suited well for the heavier stock cars? I don't have a lot of time to game, especially since I split my virtual racing between a number of sims, so I would like to focus on the better tracks in GSCE.

As a side note, the Camaro's, including the 68', handle like crap. I understand these are heavier cars but the game seems to exaggerate things. I have personally owned a few Camaro's and even with limited suspension mods on the older generation they don't handle has bad on these. Is there a good setup for these?

Thanks

2. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias

Ratings:
    +98
    Everything is personal. Everyone has their preferences. What looks good to me may not be for you. Personally I like all the tracks for the standard V8's except "Salvador" and "Ribeirão Preto". As a suggestion "Interlagos" would be a tip as it is a wider and selective track.

3. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +498
    Thanks Wedsley, yes, I understand personal preference comes into play but there has been various favorite track polls/surveys over the years where certain tracks rise to the top for various reasons - challenge, drivability, and flow are big factors.

Nurburgring Nordshleife, Bathurst, Hockenheim, Silverstone, Interlagos, Le Mans, Laguna Seca, Montecarlo, Brands Hatch, Suzuka, Watkins Glen, Zandvoort to name a few ...

There are quite a few tracks in GSCE but many are very strange - in my opinion. I was looking for those that are the best in the eyes of others.

Note, I agree with your Interlagos suggestion, that is one that is very popular with many including myself.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  4. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias

Ratings:
    +98
    Hi Fuzzy,

In GSCE focus is national tracks for the V8's that are not popular worldwide, but which I consider very good.

The tracks you mentioned are very challenging but there is the difficulty of finding a good track converted to GSCE, remembering that RD does not condone illegal conversions, then in my opinion it would be good clues to find by trial and error.

5. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

Ratings:
    +552
    For addon tracks please take a look around the Racing Club forum, as we often run legal and rewarding addons there.

6. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Fuzzy,
    I wonder if you might like the GSC track Taruma. It could be a little short but I'd say it definitely has flow.

And in mods: Anything by Virtua LM (Le Mans, Sebring, Mid Ohio, Vanport, Fuji)

7. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    What's/where's the Racing Club forum?

8. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

Ratings:
    +552
    Last edited: May 16, 2014