Favorite Single Player

Ever since I built my gaming rig I mainly have been using iRacing, which I like the driving feel of a lot. However, it does not really have much in the way of single player. Honestly, I kind of miss my Grand Turismo roots and am looking for more of a single player game just for enjoyment. I'm not always in the mood for online racing, or sober enough, or I just want to enjoy more in the way of driving challenges, etc. While I have seen plenty of discussion about FFB or various games, I don't recall anyone discussing their favorite single player driving games. It sounded like those arcade style games that are fun with a controller don't often have great FFB but I don't really know.

Seems like a lot of people like AC but I have not been able to get it to feel very natural on my SC2 Pro. Maybe I just need to spend more time or find the right profile in the new True Drive Paddock. BeamNG looks like it has some fun scenarios that a lot of others seem to like. I'd kind of like some form of collecting or achievement over time.

What do you enjoy or would you recommend? What do you like in a single player driving game?

What do you like in a single player driving game
AC
  • I began with AC because it offered more tracks and cars from my real experience
  • AC also has skid pad and figure 8 mod tracks, which are IMO essential for sorting handling
  • while AC has disconcerting and largely undocumented idiosyncrasies, other games are differently idiosyncratic in ways which other users may find charming but are IMO aggravating.
  • AccuForce and SimHub enable dialing in useful feedback sufficient to compensate for inability (also in real life) to drive optimal lines with high consistency.

Upvote 0
What do you enjoy or would you recommend? What do you like in a single player driving game?
Well i am just fine as long as i am able to create "custom single player championships".
This is given by Raceroom, Assetto or Automobilista 1/2 ... so i am fine.

But an option like sort of career-progress thing is still lacking in those games and would bring some more enjoyment (like F1 games, forza motorsport 7 or project cars at least )

Upvote 0
AMS2 is my go to single player experience with it's custom single player championship it's the first which gives you full control how you want each single race to be.

Besides being able to choose the weather and sessions for each individual race you can also adjust the race length and AI strength between every race session and that's the feature i love the most. Between practice and qualify/race you can adjust the strength of the competition so the laptimes of the AI are equal to yours.

I just finished a 20 race championship with the Mclaren 720s and it was awesome. I will create a new championship tommorow

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AMS2 is my go to single player experience with it's custom single player championship it's the first which gives you full control how you want each single race to be.

Besides being able to choose the weather and sessions for each individual race you can also adjust the race length and AI strength between every race session and that's the feature i love the most. Between practice and qualify/race you can adjust the strength of the competition so the laptimes of the AI are equal to yours.

I just finished a 20 race championship with the Mclaren 720s and it was awesome. I will create a new championship tommorow
Yeah, AMS2 is my go-to single player sim too.

Would love them to create a proper career mode (I think something might be in the pipeline for AMS2 but no idea what it'll be like). I feel like there's a gap in the market for an old school racing game with progression and something to motivate you to keep racing without you having to think it up yourself each time. Like the original Gran Turismo, but with modern graphics, AI and proper physics. I think AMS2 would be the perfect base for it with its car and track selection.

Upvote 0
If you're into driving challenges, Assetto Corsa has a total of 709 Steam achievements, most of which are for Hotlaps or AI Races with certain car/track combinations (also some drift, drag and the rather pointless "time attack"). There is also a very basic career mode implemented.
Regarding FFB in AC: are you using Content Manager/Custom Shader Patch? There are some FFB tweaks in the CSP settings that might help with a more realistic feel.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back