Favorite combination: FVee @ Oulton Park

FVee was the one car that got me to buy into AMS while waiting for "Reiza '17" and I wasn't disappointed. Oulton Park, with its narrow & bumpy surface is challenging with the default setup. Throw in a dozen AI and start at the back makes for a solid training session... concentration for the surface undulations, following the drafting train, and patience in waiting for overtaking opportunities.

@100% difficulty, I can usually pick off one or two AI per lap at their known slow spots, braking into the U-turn and the high speed kinks. Try an injudicious move, however, and the downside is severe in time or damage.

I agree, FVee is amazing in AMS! It's an excelent car to learn proper throtle control and weight balance, since it's way more challenging than what it's low speed might sugest, but it becomes very fun once you get the hang of it.

FVee at Ibarra Reverse is one of my favourite combos with this car. Don't think I drove them at Oulton yet... will try that sometime :)

Yes, Ibarra Reverse is a good match.

Main drawback is that it suffers from AI slowness in the fast sweepers more so than Oulton Park. This is not a dig at Reiza, rather it is inherent in the original ISI rFactor code for AI, where they just don't like to be slidey. Sector 3 has the same problem in Raceroom. About the only way to work around it is to give the AI stickier tires... which works as long as the gain isn't more than about 10% above the player or else you end up with AI that are so glued down you can't knock them loose in impacts.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years