PC1 Favorite Cars and Classes

Just curious what you love or hate to drive in this game so far.

I'm loving the Karts, GT3, LMP, Formula, and Prototypes.

Least favorite for me so far are the Retro Classics, GR, and road cars.

have mostly avoided those. the main car thats disappointed me is the formula rookie; i would like to see crappier tires as an option (and i did some research, this is in line w/ reality, as the formula ford its based on uses both slicks and 'historical' tires). i was looking forward to racing this as i hoped it would be formula vee-like, or at least SB like, & its neither. will still prob race it a fair bit.

favorite so far is probably the caterham classic. havent tried the superlight. i like the road cars, im really surprised. i think theyve done a really good job. i just drove the P1 on nords in pC & AC back to back & pC is the one that makes me feel that a driver of my talent running no assists but ABS is not just stupid but absolutely crazy. AC, its a little less forgiving maybe, but everything feels more under control. you can interpret that however you want ofc.

GT3 seem fine, havent driven it much except to compare grip levels b/w sims early on. i REALLY like the formula A & thought the formula gulf is a helluva lot like AC's abaarth (both just very solid cars).

so far unfortunately i agree about the zakspeed & merc 190 dtm; i felt both were a step down from what S3s done with them. im actually not to familar w/ ACs 190 or the capri mod but my memory regarding the latter at least is i enjoy it more than the pCARS one. maybe pC is more realistic, again idk, but that awesome turbo lag sensation is really lacking in pC & i cranked up the boost all the way.

overall its actually growing on me so far instead of the opposite; continues to surprise me.

Just curious what you love or hate to drive in this game so far.

I'm loving the Karts, GT3, LMP, Formula, and Prototypes.

Least favorite for me so far are the Retro Classics, GR, and road cars.
Pretty much the same for me, although I do have a soft spot for the BAC.

I think they have pretty much nailed cars with downforce I think you can actually feel it in the corners. The classics feel too planted. I agree with Yusupov the Caterham Classic is about the best road car I have tried.

Pretty much the same for me, although I do have a soft spot for the BAC.

I think they have pretty much nailed cars with downforce I think you can actually feel it in the corners. The classics feel too planted. I agree with Yusupov the Caterham Classic is about the best road car I have tried.

There's a few road cars that I like but overall don't like the sponginess of most of them. The BAC is an exception of course, as well as the Ariel Atom 500, McLaren F1, Gumpert Apollo S, Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster, W Motors Lykan HyperSport.

Basically I agree, if the cars have good downforce, they feel quite good in this game.

Having a blast with the Formula C on Brand Hatch. Agree with Yuri on the Formual Rookie (Sorry Bram) - was hoping for another Formula Vee from Stock Car Experience - but it feels way too planted for me. Also enjoy the Caterham and again agree with Paul and Blkout that the vehicles with downforce seem to be the better ones.

GT racing does little for me so those cars are a wash for me.

Karts are fun - but like how SCE and rFactor2 do them better - still need to run the LMPs.

The more I play the game the more I enjoy it. Can't get over how fun the Formula C at Brand Hatch is!

PS - anyone experiencing something almost like autosteering at times? - ie the car starts to turn into a corner before any wheel input is applied? Maybe it's something to do with the FFB Tweaker files - have to do some compares without them to see.

I actually don't mind the Formula Rookie car, yes its not as wild as the one in GSCE, it does have bit more grip but its not like its impossible to break loose. Without traction control or stability control, it can be forced to step out.

PS - anyone experiencing something almost like autosteering at times? - ie the car starts to turn into a corner before any wheel input is applied? Maybe it's something to do with the FFB Tweaker files - have to do some compares without them to see.

Is this by chance happening on cambered corners? If the corner has any camber to it then your car should start to naturally turn-in to some extent.

Is this by chance happening on cambered corners? If the corner has any camber to it then your car should start to naturally turn-in to some extent.
I agree - the effect feels too strong though. Take a Formula C for a spin on Oulton - the back half of that track is very twisting and where the effect is most pronounced. As referenced in my other post to Blkout maybe it's a 'look to apex' setting. Have to double check tonight.

In the career mode I have got to a point that I now have a GT3 drive in the McLaren 12C. I can't say I was too excted by the prospect. After driving GT3 in other sims especially the AC I usually find them pretty boring. For some reason driving the PCars version round Monza was just brilliant fun, started using the helmet cam for a bit of a laugh as well then found I really quite like it. Not sure how realistic the physics are, the car is pretty planted but it made me smile which when all said and done should be first priority.

This game/sim whatever just flips from madly frustrating to fantastic fun depending on the car and track combo.

Last edited:
Has anyone found AI in any car class is better than others? I still have a good time but the AI is really killing me....and I come from R3E, which is very aggressive.

They are pretty stupid at times. To be completely honest it reminds me of Assetto Corsa which also has pretty stupid AI at times. Nothing is more frustrating than being rammed from behind by an AI car and then spun off the track while you're leading a race. At which point, you can't possibly recover in time to get back up to the front of the pack to win unless the accident happens early in the first lap. I do have a good race sometimes but I have had my fair share of restarts because of the stupid AI. I've even exited the game off out of frustration after having it happen a few times straight.

Just had 15 break in work so i run Cat classic on Azure coast with heavy rain.. Blast ..reminded me road tripping over southern France.. Except that rain and sliding in to corners :)

Other than that..
Nordschleife with 98T
Spa with gt cars
Willow spring with formula rookie (shame it is that stable)
Hockenheim and lotus 78
And many others

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%