Favorite and least favorite cars in AMS2?

I think most AMS2 followers are well aware of his agenda after his ban from the Reiza forums but feeding won't change things only encourage more posts.
Fair enough Kenny, but my post was aimed at all the same old characters that try to hijack every single AMS2 thread with the same old “FyziKs is Badd, Ac is kINg, mY Xbox 7 Is bettErer than YOur Ps9”

Seriously, posting memes about pens and regurgitating Steam player count stats ad infinitum has got nothing to do with this topic, and it’s exactly the behaviour that drags down all AMS2 discussions on here.

I think criticism and debate is healthy and welcome, but I also think that a lot of these posts are not constructive or relevant, and are in fact the opposite, just aimed at causing unnecessary conflict.

I’m surprised that of all the recent off topic posts and content, mine was the first to provoke a moderator response.

I’m surprised that of all the recent off topic posts and content, mine was the first to provoke a moderator response.
Well apart from a handful most have been on or near the topic and we are a discussion forum, if you're exercised about a post then use the report button. I also recommend the ignore button it relieves stress.
I am watching the thread and have been since the first post and frankly feel it could have been so much worse.

fizzle please do not be antagonistic, people are aware of your leanings and outright martyrdom surrounding this title on this web site that always veer off into blind defence like an adherent to some ideology . He is stating a fact. There are only 73 people right now. Thats not the sign of a satisfactory title.

While I don't disagree that those 73 players online was a fact, but it is a terrible reflection of online population. If we talking about it, I don't see any reason to cherry pick lowest number of the week/24h period and use it as an a reflection of online population. Again, I don't disagree. It is a reflection of the population, but I see it similarly like you described yourself "a blind defence like an adherent to some ideology", instead in this instance I see it as a blind attack. As a counter argument, I could pick highest population number of the week to shine online state in completely different light and state it as a fact(which it is), and then you can blame me of being "blind idealogical fanboy" because I ignored that 73 player count. While if it is done from other way around, don't you notice the same thing?

I would guess, it simply comes to, if you are positively inclined to a game, you tend to have an allergic reaction to negative arguments, especially if its constructed in a "blind" way.
And completely vice versa other way around.

Not only fanboys become religious.

My point was not to defend the title.

Also, sorry for contributing to offtopic.

Last edited:
Super V8: On corner exit with my wheel perfectly straight, the rotation on power feels off. It is a front enginge, rwd car, but when I am heavier on the throttle, the front of the car wants to veer off and the rear tires (where all of the power is and none of the weight) essentially stays the course and only ends up following what the front tires are doing. This makes the car feel floaty because the front is doing all the reacting, not the rear (although the rear tires spin, the rear doesn't come around, it simpky follows the front tires.

Excuse me? You do understand that when you go on throttle, the rear gets heavier, front gets lighter, not vice versa. Your complainments only made you look like someone who has absolutely no experience on powerful cars or track driving outside sim racing, nor even have basic understanding on physics.

The Ultima GTR Race is the most fun car I've ever driven in sim racing and I've driven all the hardcore sims back to GPL ...
I've not put enough hours into AMS2 to have very strong opinions on it yet, but I think this is a good shout. From the cars I've put a decent amount of time into so far, the Ultima GTR Race has stood out as a hugely fun drive. I have no idea if it is realistic, as in the real world I basically just drive a slow car slowly to the nearest town and back - but throwing the Ultima around Donnington/Oulton/Velopark/whevever is a hoot and feels 'right' to me in terms of where the limit is.

Least favourite - I don't have one, but I've had to defer driving the Formula Classic (Gen 3) cars as for some reason they seem to want to shake the steering wheel off my desk. Maybe a setup issue or just the particular car/track combo - but the rattling and vibrations aren't ideal for my usual late night driving.

While I don't disagree that those 73 players online was a fact, but it is a terrible reflection of online population. If we talking about it, I don't see any reason to cherry pick lowest number of the week/24h period and use it as an a reflection of online population. Again, I don't disagree. It is a reflection of the population, but I see it similarly like you described yourself "a blind defence like an adherent to some ideology", instead in this instance I see it as a blind attack. As a counter argument, I could pick highest population number of the week to shine online state in completely different light and state it as a fact(which it is), and then you can blame me of being "blind idealogical fanboy" because I ignored that 73 player count. While if it is done from other way around, don't you notice the same thing?

I would guess, it simply comes to, if you are positively inclined to a game, you tend to have an allergic reaction to negative arguments, especially if its constructed in a "blind" way.
And completely vice versa other way around.

Not only fanboys become religious.

My point was not to defend the title.

Also, sorry for contributing to offtopic.
There you go Fizzle, such an angry person you are - you resort to name calling, childish, when you know your argument does not stack up. People would not know my agenda since I am never asked and there is a lot of deceit around this title just as you now demonstrate, it has come to light, hence why it failed to gain a lot of traction - my agenda is only to talk about this title in a positive light AND factual light. If there is only 10% positive to talk about then thats it. One has to be realistic.

I am not going to be intellectually dishonest. I never have been and I will never start.

Its not about going off topic, although this all kind of is bordering on that - its about parameters - you would continue to expand those parameters in order to win or save face when people only want to work out which cars to drive; and yes that is difficult given the circumstances to work out, hence the thread I am trying to help. In order to discuss this topic even (where people like yourself run interference) people need to discuss then 'what makes a car good or bad' and 'is the game/engine actually allowing for good cars'

You practice ambiguity and ambivalence. That's not cool to the [maybe 3 or 4] people who are actually trying to work out which cars to drive. That is the point of the thread - not if you think the game is modelling driving and cars well or not.

Its not modelling well. Everyone established that. I piped up and said later on there's cars I enjoy driving - just not that many. So is the title perfect like you would want to push everyone's opinion toward or not - because the cars are only so-so though yes some are good.

I would say you are trying to gaslight me by being negative to an opinion I hold; while trying to do the very thing you profess of my argument - which lets face it is actually 1 justified and 2 favors the title rather well as I will actually play it now and then. Most don't play it now and then.

Simply my argument or opinion is not invalid and is backed up by scientific evidence.

I contend there are some good cars but most are bad. It just never seems to reach the heights of being able to define those good cars like another title could eg assetto corsa original with mods. If this is hurtful I am sorry - I do not otherwise know how to describe the reality. But I hope the game improves; which is another argument you would use since you already have 'its a work in progress' etc.

You simply don't want me to have the right of it. The game can be fun. Its your total-victory mindset which suggests your judgement is not valued in those things.

Last edited:
to preface, I do actually like most of the cars in AMS2 and unlike most posters so far, I don't mind the 80's and 90s open wheelers...

specific likes :

M1 - maybe its partly how good it sounds
2002 (love in fact) just feels 'right'
F trainer - great but I just wish this was also available in H shift
Roco - Ohh yes !

specific dislikes :

nothing FWD feels remotely right - anything in AMS1 is so much more alive
F Vee - i want to like it but i cant
Group A cars - my personal favourite era of cars and these just don't feel right somehow.

to preface, I do actually like most of the cars in AMS2 and unlike most posters so far, I don't mind the 80's and 90s open wheelers...

specific likes :

M1 - maybe its partly how good it sounds
2002 (love in fact) just feels 'right'
F trainer - great but I just wish this was also available in H shift
Roco - Ohh yes !

specific dislikes :

nothing FWD feels remotely right - anything in AMS1 is so much more alive
F Vee - i want to like it but i cant
Group A cars - my personal favourite era of cars and these just don't feel right somehow.
Throttle braking saved the Vee for me. Try that and let me know if it improves for you.

Metalmorrow P4 and P3 feel fantastic to me. An absolute joy to push hard and equally rewarding to drive smoothly. The AI in AMS2 are very good so great racing to be had at any track.
Formula USA is very good also. I’m not much of an open wheel racer but they feel great to drive on the right type of circuit. Setup is a bit intimidating on these, way too many options and I‘m not good enough to tell whether I’m finding a few tenths from setup changes or just better driving and more wheel time.
There are so many cars in game that I didn’t get that instant connection and feel from that I just don’t use them, I should go back and give them all another try as it’s been a while a several updates.

The cars have taken a backward step. I am not sure why its hard for people to admit that. The morrows especially. You could say most of the cars have become most peoples least favourites and the data would be showing they are not being driven.

To see, simply go drive a car.

Last edited:
The cars have taken a forward step. I am not sure why its hard for people to admit that. The morrows especially. You could say most of the cars have become most peoples favourites and the data would be showing they are being driven.

To see, simply go drive a car.

(PS: I have no clue what a morrow is in this context)

Last edited:
Metalmorrow P4 and P3 feel fantastic to me.
A few of us have been racing the P2 variant in the Friday night multi-class races. They are quite forgiving with close racing and let you get away with a fair bit of rubbing. Even with the TC set to zero, I find it communicates the rears well enough to wrestle it out of a corner

Wow... using my phone and scrolling through long pages here was hard work !!

....When a guy wants to split with his girlfriend but ends up stalking her! This!

........GT1's and the Procar are favourites for me...with the right track combo and weather!

Don't enjoy the bulky Stockcars in VR.

Excuse me? You do understand that when you go on throttle, the rear gets heavier, front gets lighter, not vice versa. Your complainments only made you look like someone who has absolutely no experience on powerful cars or track driving outside sim racing, nor even have basic understanding on physics.
This is so wrong I don't even know where to start. You seem to be overlooking the power to weight and time transition it takes for the weight to move to the rear of the car. Why do you think drivers don't brake really hard and then just stomp on the throttle immediately? Because they are waiting for the car to balance so it doesn't become a plow on corner exit. The weight doesn't instantly shift genius.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.2%