Upcoming Events

Join TCR Virtual today! AC events on Simracing.GP ACC events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events

What racing gear do you use while sim racing?

• Gloves

Votes: 263 19.2%
  • Boots

Votes: 60 4.4%
  • Gloves + Boots

Votes: 136 9.9%
  • None

Votes: 908 66.4%

Favorite and least favorite cars in AMS2?

Although I haven't fully driven every car in AMS2 there certainly seems to be a pretty big range in quality from what I am experiencing. From what I have driven:

Favorite:
GT4.
These are just incredible to drive and they feel different from one another. They can be as safe as you like with TC and ABS, or turn them off to wrestle the cars around the track and really have to manage throttle and brake. REALLY enjoying these. The one knock is that the Camaro does have floaty steering.

Stock Cars. These feel like the perfect league car. Very believable and a lot of fun. P2P adds a nice strategy element to races. All the different years feel very good. They seem to have a little less of the dart-ish behavior that made them less fun to drive before.

Honorable mention: Caddy Dpi

Least Favorite:

Pretty much every openwheel car.
Honestly these cars magnify the issues that persist with this game that aren't as noticeable in other cars and for that reason they just don't feel realistic at all and I hate driving them. There is too much grip under the limit and too little at the limit. The result is not only poor immersion, but snappy and annoying behavior. The other issue is that turning the steering wheel more gives you more grip/turn in. This just isn't realistic. Combine that with the fact we only have the softest and grippiest compound and it just kills my immersion.

The Ginetta GT4 is one of my favourites in AMS2. No idea how realistic it is, but I find it very fun to drive. The M1 Pro Car after they fixed it a couple updates ago (it was impossible to spin before) is another one I really love. Challenging in all the right ways.

The Brasil Stock Cars are always impressive. Definitely some of the most underrated cars amongst all sims, IMO.

As for cars I don't enjoy, well, this list would be quite big to be honest, but probably the ones that really puzzle me are most of the modern formula cars, except maybe the Formula 3.

Downforce is a wonderful thing, but on most modern formula cars in AMS2 downforce seems to never be affected or disturbed by anything... it feels like once downforce kicks in you could drive these cars over a big boulder while flicking the wheel side to side like a madman and the cars would still remain perfectly planted, which is not what I see on F1 races.

I hate to use the word "arcade" (sorry) because it overly simplifies whatever complex physics are in place here, and I do believe they are quite complex, but at the moment it's the best word I can come up with to describe how I feel driving these cars in AMS2 and I don't find them fun at all. Quite disappointing since AMS1 modern formulas were top notch.

Last edited:
Downforce is a wonderful thing, but on most modern formula cars in AMS2 downforce seems to never be affected or disturbed by anything... it feels like once downforce kicks in you could drive these cars over a big boulder while flicking the wheel side to side like a madman and the cars would still remain perfectly planted, which is not what I see on F1 races.

I hate to use the word "arcade" (sorry) because it overly simplifies whatever complex physics are in place here, and I do believe they are quite complex, but at the moment it's the best word I can come up with to describe how I feel driving these cars in AMS2 and I don't find them fun at all. Quite disappointing since AMS1 modern formulas were top notch.
To each his own. I absolutely love the FClassics. They do require a bit of setup work to get the best out of them as the default setups tend to have lots of wing and the aero balance set too far to the rear, giving that slightly stodgy feeling that the car can't spin on power no matter what. But when you move the aero balance towards the front and increase the caster to get a more direct cornering feel, they become true weapons and are so much fun to powerslide around Long Beach or Monza 1991.