AC FAT-ALFIE's Championship with Audi TT and Mazda MX5

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Probably you :D
What issues do you have?

I love the anecdote about me setting up the mx-5 for magione with camber extravaganza, maximizing corner grip and balance via motec, getting a second quicker.
To then get completely destroyed by Matteo Caruso on the default setup.
He was slower with my optimized setup because he couldn't drift the loose rear from an earlier apex to the exit kerb.

Apparently that's the fastest way to drive the Mazda.. You have to drift it and basically shortcut the corners. Take a tighter line with an early apex and then slam the throttle and somehow maintain the slip.

The default setup works great if you can do it. I can't...

Makes sense. I don't have that driving style in me, just had to re do the whole setup so it's drives grippy. Low and slow :)

I'm just starting to get the hang of how to drive the MX5 after quite a number of races and practice sessions. I'm finding it a great trainer for balancing a RWD car and keeping momentum. I'm now trying to find the elusive 1-2% of pace to get nearer the front.

I have a shifter but can't drive fast with it so use paddles for all cars.

I find the Art of the Mazda is to drive it slow to make it go fast,might sound daft but once these little things scrub speed you lose valuable time and momentum..Now without giving too much away cos ears will be pricking up:roflmao::roflmao::laugh::laugh::p:p:p:p dabbing on the brakes rather than a constant push helps as does slightly more negative toe-in..Take Spa,only 4 corners that i dab the brakes..
Allan, how does this compare to driving the vintage cars in the new championship? I know you're very fast with them also.

Nearly the same Han,the Porsche 718 can be twitchy with lift off over steer with heavy braking been rear wheel drive,so i compensate with stiffer front softer rear and alter camber, toe, to balance..The Alfa been front wheel drive can be driven at a corner,turned in quicker and power out more aggressively..Took them both out on Feldberg and found 1 to be rather faster than the other..Which 1 you ask, Ahhh thats my secret lol..

@davejevons @Casper de Wit
Guys, as regular participants of my multiclass Wednesday event, I'd like to invite your for this Championship. It's basically the same crowd as these events.
Unfortunately there's only on spot left.
So I will give that spot to the first one that replies this post.

Yesterday we had the first of 5 events and it was a lot of fun as you can read from the corresponding thread. It's no problem that you didn't participate. So please let me know if you want to have the spot.
Thanks for the kind offer @HF2000 :thumbsup: ; unfortunately I was away on holiday - the good part being I was at Le Mans!

If a space does come up in the future do let me know as I would be keen. I couldn't make the first race of the series and didn't want to deprive someone else of a place.

Thanks for the kind offer @HF2000 :thumbsup: ; unfortunately I was away on holiday - the good part being I was at Le Mans!

If a space does come up in the future do let me know as I would be keen. I couldn't make the first race of the series and didn't want to deprive someone else of a place.
Hi David,

Will do. And there's another championship where you might be interested in. It hasn't started yet.

Sorry guys, for some reason AC is not playing ball tonight.
Can't access online servers from content manger without it crashing and can't find server ingame.

Getting this message and no idea what the problem is, cant seem to fix it even with a fresh install of CM

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot call StartAt when content generation is in progress.
at System.Windows.Controls.ItemContainerGenerator.System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.IItemContainerGenerator.StartAt(GeneratorPosition position, GeneratorDirection direction, Boolean allowStartAtRealizedItem)
at System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.MeasureOverrideImpl(Size constraint, Nullable`1& lastPageSafeOffset, List`1& previouslyMeasuredOffsets, Nullable`1& lastPagePixelSize, Boolean remeasure)
at System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
at System.Windows.UIElement.UpdateLayout()
at AcManager.Controls.OnlineItem.ToBitmap(FrameworkElement block, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at AcManager.Controls.OnlineItem.<>c.<.cctor>b__1_6()
at AcTools.Utils.Lazier`1.GetValue()
at AcManager.Controls.OnlineItem.GetReferenceIcon(String originId, String& toolTip)
at AcManager.Controls.OnlineItem.UpdateReferences(ServerEntry server)
at AcManager.Controls.OnlineItem.Update()
at AcManager.Controls.OnlineItem.SetServer(ServerEntry server)
at AcManager.Controls.OnlineItem.<>c.<.cctor>b__1_0(DependencyObject o, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.InvalidateProperty(DependencyProperty dp, Boolean preserveCurrentValue)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.Invalidate(Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValue(Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.Activate(Object item)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.OnDataContextChanged(DependencyObject contextElement)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.HandlePropertyInvalidation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.OnPropertyInvalidation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.OnPropertyInvalidation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependentList.InvalidateDependents(DependencyObject source, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs sourceArgs)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.TreeWalkHelper.OnInheritablePropertyChanged(DependencyObject d, InheritablePropertyChangeInfo info, Boolean visitedViaVisualTree)
at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1._VisitNode(DependencyObject d, Boolean visitedViaVisualTree)
at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.VisitNode(FrameworkElement fe, Boolean visitedViaVisualTree)
at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.VisitNode(DependencyObject d, Boolean visitedViaVisualTree)
at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.WalkFrameworkElementLogicalThenVisualChildren(FrameworkElement feParent, Boolean hasLogicalChildren)
at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.IterateChildren(DependencyObject d)
at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.StartWalk(DependencyObject startNode, Boolean skipStartNode)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
at System.Windows.Controls.ContentPresenter.OnContentChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.InvalidateProperty(DependencyProperty dp, Boolean preserveCurrentValue)
at System.Windows.StyleHelper.InvalidateDependents(Style ownerStyle, FrameworkTemplate frameworkTemplate, DependencyObject container, DependencyProperty dp, FrugalStructList`1& dependents, Boolean invalidateOnlyContainer)
at System.Windows.StyleHelper.OnTriggerSourcePropertyInvalidated(Style ownerStyle, FrameworkTemplate frameworkTemplate, DependencyObject container, DependencyProperty dp, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs changedArgs, Boolean invalidateOnlyContainer, FrugalStructList`1& triggerSourceRecordFromChildIndex, FrugalMap& propertyTriggersWithActions, Int32 sourceChildIndex)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
at System.Windows.Controls.ContentControl.PrepareContentControl(Object item, DataTemplate itemTemplate, DataTemplateSelector itemTemplateSelector, String itemStringFormat)
at System.Windows.Controls.ItemsControl.PrepareContainerForItemOverride(DependencyObject element, Object item)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.PrepareContainerForItemOverride(DependencyObject element, Object item)
at System.Windows.Controls.ListBox.PrepareContainerForItemOverride(DependencyObject element, Object item)
at System.Windows.Controls.ItemsControl.MS.Internal.Controls.IGeneratorHost.PrepareItemContainer(DependencyObject container, Object item)
at System.Windows.Controls.ItemContainerGenerator.System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.IItemContainerGenerator.PrepareItemContainer(DependencyObject container)
at System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.InsertContainer(Int32 childIndex, UIElement container, Boolean isRecycled)
at System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.AddContainerFromGenerator(Int32 childIndex, UIElement child, Boolean newlyRealized, Boolean isBeforeViewport)
at System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.BringContainerIntoView(ItemsControl itemsControl, Int32 itemIndex)
at System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.BringIndexIntoView(Int32 index)
at System.Windows.Controls.ItemsControl.OnBringItemIntoView(ItemInfo info)
at System.Windows.Controls.ItemsControl.OnBringItemIntoView(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at AcManager.App.CreateAndRun(Boolean forceSoftwareRenderingMode)
at AcManager.EntryPoint.MainInner(String[] args)
at AcManager.EntryPoint.MainReal(String[] a)
at AcManager.EntryPoint.Main(String[] a)

@Bhutch88
i do not know any one here that can go into the problem via SIO level, @Rasmus is my only goto at this levell of failure.
If it was me I would remove CM, then run as Assetto Corsa as standard to get a level to go from.

When I go online, when all the servers are loaded, I type in Raced.
You should then see all Racedepartment servers that are available.

Last edited:
@Bhutch88
i do not know any one here that can go into the problem via SIO level, @Rasmus is my only goto at this levell of failure.
If it was me I would remove CM, then run as Assetto Corsa as standard to get a level to go from.

When I go online, when all the servers are loaded, I type in Raced.
You should then see all Racedepartment servers that are available.

Thanks! I'll get it sorted Tomorrow!
I did that on AC but for some reason the only Racedepartment server it found was a practice one for the retro championship.

Hope race went well!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing