AC FAT-ALFIE's Championship with Audi TT and Mazda MX5

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
To all who have signed up: we have now a full grid which is great!
So I want to ask you to sign out as soon as possible if you can't make it or don't want to participate anymore to give other the opportunity to join.

This will be a lot of fun Han. Great set of tracks, I have tried 3 of them now and I love the retro racing theme. Credit to their creator, new to me and amazing work.

Thanks for putting it all together. This justifies a full grid and will make for a fantastic set of events.

I'm a pit stop rookie. Do you have to change tyres and is there a minimum amount of fuel to go in?
If it's the same as the GT3 races then you only have to put a litre in. You can change tyres if you want but it can take about 20sec. So you might want to struggle on worn tyres if you can't make up the time.

There is usually a pit window between 10-50 mins.

Do an AI race and have a go doing a pitstop.

If it's the same as the GT3 races then you only have to put a litre in. You can change tyres if you want but it can take about 20sec. So you might want to struggle on worn tyres if you can't make up the time.

There is usually a pit window between 10-50 mins.

Do an AI race and have a go doing a pitstop.
Join us in the GT3 race on Sunday. It's the same track and the same friendly crowd

I find the Nissan is nice to drive but others suggest the BMW is a good starter car.

I'm a pit stop rookie. Do you have to change tyres and is there a minimum amount of fuel to go in?
Hi Douglas,

As Colin mentioned, the minimum to put in is 1 liter during a pit stop. I'm not sure, but I think 1 liter won't be enough for the Mazda on some tracks. For a one hour race on a track where you have a lot of top speed sectors that consume more fuel than in our regular races, that might not be enough. You will have to find that out yourself. Strategy is also involved, depending on how much the MX5 suffers from the added weight of a full tank. Maybe it's faster to start with half fuel and do the pit stop halfway through. I really don't know now. Other things that will be new to this (and to me) are the track conditions. We now have low grip and wind (realistic on these roads) where we usually drive with optimal grip and no wind. So at this point I don't know the effect of that on fuel economy or tire wear. But I think that's a nice extra challenge to take on so the overall winner will really earn his title as Fat-Alfie Champion 2021.

And Colin's tip to practice with the AI is good. But also do a pit stop during the race practice session so that you can see where your pit box is. If it's in front, you'll just pass it on some tracks if you don't know that.

Damn, was on holiday and never got around to registering. Is there a waiting list? :whistling:
No but you can look daily on the S.GP page to if there has become a spot available.

But I'm glad that you posted your interest here because I'll have to decide if we're going to do this again next year with hopefully Solitude as sixth event.

Last edited:
That would be cool! Or Battenbergring. Or Charade. Or Schottenring. Or... :roflmao:
Charade? Another track you're working on?? That looks fantastic! Just saw an onboard with Pierre Gasly. What a beautiful mix of straights and different kind of corners!
1628172918671.png

Last edited:
Hi Douglas,

As Colin mentioned, the minimum to put in is 1 liter during a pit stop. I'm not sure, but I think 1 liter won't be enough for the Mazda on some tracks. For a one hour race on a track where you have a lot of top speed sectors that consume more fuel than in our regular races, that might not be enough. You will have to find that out yourself. Strategy is also involved, depending on how much the MX5 suffers from the added weight of a full tank. Maybe it's faster to start with half fuel and do the pit stop halfway through. I really don't know now. Other things that will be new to this (and to me) are the track conditions. We now have low grip and wind (realistic on these roads) where we usually drive with optimal grip and no wind. So at this point I don't know the effect of that on fuel economy or tire wear. But I think that's a nice extra challenge to take on so the overall winner will really earn his title as Fat-Alfie Champion 2021.

And Colin's tip to practice with the AI is good. But also do a pit stop during the race practice session so that you can see where your pit box is. If it's in front, you'll just pass it on some tracks if you don't know that.
Thanks Han,

I was wondering how far I could go on a full tank in the Mazda, testing is needed.

I'll work on my strategy, too.

How does the variable conditions work? A gradual change in temperature and wind? Just thinking about how best to replicate.

How does the variable conditions work? A gradual change in temperature and wind? Just thinking about how best to replicate.
Well, I don't know exactly. If you practice offline like hotlapping, you can enter the conditions from the event you are practicing for. Go to the Thomson event in the Championship and click on the tab 'Event configuration'. Use the grip, temperature and wind settings from there to setup your Hotlap in Content Manager.

I've done a few laps this way on Thomson and it looks like a full tank + 1 liter can be enough. But I'm not going to gamble on that so I will probably add 5 liters.

I will setup the practice server for Thomson with these conditions after the next Audi/Mazda race on Mosport so you have almost a week to practice on the server.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years