Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1663865061047-png.602325

TVR_Griffith_200_at_Brands_Hatch.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For our final race we're moving to France for 25km of the pittoresk countryside of Brassy.

Fonteny is a fictional track based on real roads in the Parc naturel régional du Morvan. The track has almost everything you can think off and is a pleasure to drive. Therefore it's an appropriate last event in this memorable championship.

1671014216836.png

If you're interested, you can sign up for the championship here:

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week) Password: The same as last week. If you don't know, send me a PM.
  • Race server: S.GP Password: The same as last week. If you don't know, send me a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 30 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Ferrari 250GTO/TVR Griffith 200
  • Track: Fonteny, France.
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 70%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

I have done a few laps and concluded very few drivers will qualify if they try to get a good time. Maybe i will cruise around for a place on the grid rather than have unrecorded laps. Looking forward to it though, will be the hardest event in a championship full of hard to master tracks. Thank you David, your tracks are the best mate. ( followed by Sergio,s maybe).

Not saying it is easy, but I was a bit shocked that I found lapping this circuit to be relatively straight forward in these cars.
Yes I made mistakes, but because the tolerances for this car and circuit combination are so massive, I tended not to push right up to the boundaries, as with the Abarth.
I had less of a problem with the TVR than the Abarth.
I hope that gives some comfort to those who are unsure about the circuit and combination.

01FC122B-D53E-4D87-ACED-25007D6973F3.jpeg

Not saying it is easy, but I was a bit shocked that I found lapping this circuit to be relatively straight forward in these cars.
Yes I made mistakes, but because the tolerances for this car and circuit combination are so massive, I tended not to push right up to the boundaries, as with the Abarth.
I had less of a problem with the TVR than the Abarth.
I hope that gives some comfort to those who are unsure about the circuit and combination.

View attachment 624278
I would go a step further and say the car has grown on me and is quite satisfying to drive around this circuit. Very easy to make mistakes and quali is going to be hard to achieve but yeah, overall not a total nightmare.

Yo guys. This last race I'm out. Honestly i don't think I can handle this track with the TVR if I am already heavily struggling with the small Abarth. I want to thank everyone for these great races in this great championship. Most definitely one of the most memorable event's I had.:cool:
I decided to have some fun time with rfactor2 the next half year.
Then I will hop in here again if you guys let me;).
Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance to everyone.
See you:thumbsup:

Pretty straight forward, that is the good news, last third is we’re all the time is.
Unfortunately because of this, and it is the end of the circuit as opposed to the start.
it is much harder to learn.:(
Plus it has slow corners as opposed to the fast corners as in the first 2/3rds, so your brain is locked into maximising corner speed.
Only to be faced with very slow dodgy tightening bends.
Good luck to all,

Yo guys. This last race I'm out. Honestly i don't think I can handle this track with the TVR if I am already heavily struggling with the small Abarth. I want to thank everyone for these great races in this great championship. Most definitely one of the most memorable event's I had.:cool:
I decided to have some fun time with rfactor2 the next half year.
Then I will hop in here again if you guys let me;).
Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance to everyone.
See you:thumbsup:
Mate, I haven't done a single valid lap yet but I'll be there! Try it, it's a great challenge :) I'm sure most of us are in this situation, and think that those who took part of Mazda/Abarth GP have a big advantage over those like me who didn't.
Anyway, thank you very much,Merry Christmas to you too :) see you on track (besides AC, which is by far my first priority,I'll also try rFactor2)

Last edited:
Sorry Han, but it's a mates birthday drinks tonight so I can't make it to tonight. I would have probably been a moving road block at the back anyway, so one less obstacle for the other s tonight :)

My attendence has been very poor lately due to real life, mostly work, but I hope it improves next year.

Merry Christmas eveyone, see you all soon again on a track somewhere !!

most of the circuit is flat out, so
I tend to break the long circuits into lumps, these are in degrees of difficulty.
So when I pass under the bridge at this circuit, I tell myself to be more cautious.
When I get to the villages, I again try and be careful, mainly relying on acceleration rather than corner speed.
When I come across the carousel I know this is where I really have to be very careful from now on, the second carousel I am now over the worse, just the next corner to be very careful of.
There are only about three corners to remember, that will bite, the last carousel tells me all is about to come to an end if I do not exercise a bit of care here before the start-finish line.

I only have a few drivers to worry about, Han especially, :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:Fulvio and Riek plus a few others are not on my radar, even if I can keep up I do not have the skill to enter into fighting for position, let alone if I do get passed, I am certainly going to get over-stressed and knock myself off the circuit asap?:confused:

Once you get that into your head, the circuit is much simpler, rather than remembering it all, I only bother about 10% of the whole course.

If I were a teenager then it would be easy to remember it all. but as I struggle to remember much anymore I need to simplify the whole thing.
I have done about 10 laps so far, plus Abarth laps.
I think we also did an Audi TT race here last year.

When I come off, and I will, it is down to skill rather than not knowing the circuit, or more likely I will lose concentration.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing