AC FAT-ALFIE Championship Classic race#5@Battenbergring, Tue 6th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fantastic @gearwhine !! So happy for your p3, man! What an incredible season you're doing. Of course, congrats to the usual two first drivers too, 4:43 is just out of my mind. And sad for @Kek700 because his level was for fighting with the top 2, but I'm afraid he's done too many mistakes (one of them following me, possibly my erratic driving entrying last uphills caused it).

Last edited:
My season is turning out to be quite bad, just race 1 was great. Tonight I had started quite well, between p4 and p5 consistently, then I did a medium mistake costing me 2 positions but, instead of keeping focused behind Richard and Steve, I decided to check the setup menu in the middle of one of the uphills of last sector. What a noob mistake, incredible! I lost the view of the curve. Not only I lost a lot of time crossed in the middle of the track, but the worst thing is 2 drivers couldn't dodge me and then another one neither when I tried to go reverse to help. Absolutely my mistake and I'm so sorry for the affected drivers :( This happened to me almost in every race last season within top-8 and it's frustrating. Not fair at all for you.

My best and unique skill used to be consistency, no errors. It seems that driving every 2 weeks is making me more distracted :S Besides that, even thinking I had practiced enough, during the race I've been improving and I've realized several points where I could have been braver (the first turn with less previous braking; braking later in the downhill before the streets with houses; braking later after the fastest downhill with Ss, and probably also one of the S in the last uphills by using a different gear). Actually in last lap I was improving 1.5 seconds even without taking risks.
Again that feeling of having been capable of being 2 seconds faster is akward because it means I haven't practiced enough. With such great drivers like you, I shouldn't stop practicing when I think I've just learnt the track. With these combos, after learning the track there are 2-3 seconds hidden at least (anyway under 4:50 or even 4:52 looks crazy to me haha). Well done mates! And massive thanks to @HF2000 for bringing us these championships!!

Last edited:
starting from practice what to say was my practice ,out of i dont even know how many laps i didnt put a single valid lap . qualy i did only 1 lap cuz i was busy trying to fix my stability after 4 race's in this championship where i was not feeling my car at all boring af, i saw a lumen of hope by reducing arb and putting 1 on rebound went out of the pit and did a 47.something knowing was more to go down and starting to feel a bit more the car (still sliding like a snowboard) . RACE now i didnt expected at all to go down to 43.1 lap by lap even miss a 42.9 , 1/3 of the race i was behind Reik not knowing where to pass he made a mistake and after gaining 2 sec i did a pitstop which was terrible , really terrible as Donald.T said , but i was able to catch him back and he was without a pitstop i choose to wait the right moment and after gaining the 1st pos my brain went in hotlap mode risking everything (if in doubt , flatout) only 1 lap was weird on a straight instead of going to 4th gear i went to the wrong handle on the handbrake :'D . Result Congratz to Reik as always , to Gearwhine gj for ur place on the podium , Han for hosting amazing events like this.

I'll continue being a negative nancy.

Fulvio why did you overtake people on the out lap of qualifying when we were told to make big gaps? I know you're fast and probably want to get to the front of the queue but I think it's bad form.

Also to the guy that was like right on my bumper on the out lap, what the hell man? It meant that I didn't get a big enough gap to the guy in front and it messed up my first quali lap. Thanks a lot.

I had reasonable pace and I loved the combo but kept getting caught in pileups so I'm a bit annoyed today I guess. I'll try to bring a better mindset for the next one, it being christmas and all :)

A red TVR went off in on lap 1, I don't know if it was Ernie or Henk, but I thought he was waiting in the middle of the road sideways for other cars to pass and then went forward :( I hit him and it catapulted me over the fence :mad: I didn't pay attention how long the fence was and hoped it was not collidable but it was.. Luckily there was no fencing a bit to the right. I thought everyone got through at that point because if was calm down the road.. But when I tried to rejoin Denis hit my back which sent us both off again. Sorry about that Denis! I rejoined sooner but waited for him anyway. I was dead last now and thought about quitting but I enjoy this track so much I kept going hoping maybe for a top 10 finish after all. I got past Denis soon after, a bit lame sorry. It turned out to be quite a recovery drive in the end with the Ferrari to finish in P6! Glad about that, without the incident I think a podium was possible for sure.

I can now tell for certain this is my favourite Fat-Alfie track! The flow of the corners is just so amazing on this one. It's such a rush racing there for an hour and seeing the greenery all around passing you by at those speeds.

Last edited:
Could not be happier with my race. Did not get a quali lap in so started last but one unfortunately. Half the field i passed due to avoiding the carnage that unfolded in the first few laps. Struggled with grip through the middle of the race but just kept my head down and gave it max effort to keep on track and not give away position. Started to relax in the latter half, found some grip and found my groove. I had no real offs, just a couple of kerb contacts without drama. Plenty of battles along the way with Colin, Dani, Robert, Hank and Richard. Didn't even try to make contact with the two in front as they were as always in a different league to me. All told, i had a great race and looking forward to the big one in a few weeks time. Well done Han, an excellent series of races for sure :thumbsup:

I'll continue being a negative nancy.

Fulvio why did you overtake people on the out lap of qualifying when we were told to make big gaps? I know you're fast and probably want to get to the front of the queue but I think it's bad form.

Also to the guy that was like right on my bumper on the out lap, what the hell man? It meant that I didn't get a big enough gap to the guy in front and it messed up my first quali lap. Thanks a lot.

I had reasonable pace and I loved the combo but kept getting caught in pileups so I'm a bit annoyed today I guess. I'll try to bring a better mindset for the next one, it being christmas and all :)
idk by looking at the time's on practice i thought was better to pass u on outlap instead of ruin both of our qualy lap / or my qualy lap with my choice we both had clean room for qualy i did also let pass Reik infront of me before the lap cuz he was faster on the outlap of qualy first minutes

Last edited:
Glad to read that most of you had a great race. Mine was disastrous. I love this track but I can't get to handle the TVR:(:notworthy: and just a slight touch of the grass made him do severals 360's.
It happened almost every lap and probably the car was damaged also even with only 10%. So after the 60 minutes were over I waited for Fulvio to lap me so I didn't have to do another lap. How I missed my sweet Abarth!

Next week two classic cars (much easier to drive) which I want to try out to see if they have comparable performance. If so then we have a kind of classic version of the Abarth/Mazda combination. Which cars? Well I leave it as a surprise for now:D.

Nono Han, we don't want easy cars! Haha Nothing to complain about this championship, it's amazing. I could suggest a mix of short and long tracks and using just one car (and fixed setups :D nah, I know people wouldn't want this).
I got up this morning thinking about race last night (and a bit tired physically speaking!), with a smile for the fun I have with these combos and also disappointment for not enough practice/slow learning.

Fulvio, you remind me of these guys at school complaining about their exam and finally getting 9.8/10 in the mark hahaha Seriously, you must have been a professional driver. At least, you must be one of the fastest simdrivers I've ever shared track with.

Nono Han, we don't want easy cars!
I said easier, not easy cars! Yes, it's a little selfish because I'm bad with the 250 and the TVR.
But picking the cars is the prerogative of the organizers:D!
Fulvio, you remind me of these guys at school complaining about their exam and finally getting 9.8/10 in the mark
Oh yes, I remember those types (mostly girls by the way)! At first they gave me a little hope that I wasn't the only one who screwed up, but when the results were presented it hit even harder. I really hated those types :mad: (no offense Fulvio).

Last edited:
im not sure if u guys are right but i never force any choice of the car . if for complaining u mean i was having trouble with the car . 0 practice in every event i think sm1 like u mention dont sleep at night to get the best result im more about the fun part . and for fixed i said alot time put it on fixed as i dont have time or too bored to do test to get the best of the car after 4 race's of not adjusting the car i slightly adjusted it i think sm1 who go for best after 1 race . if i dont like 80% of old cars specially in games yes . my game can crash while im leading after 59min if i had a good race is all i care .

Last edited:
im not sure if u guys are right but i never force any choice of the car . if for complaining u mean i was having trouble with the car . 0 practice in every event i think sm1 like u mention dont sleep at night to get the best result im more about the fun part . and for fixed i said alot time put it on fixed as i dont have time or too bored to do test to get the best of the car after 4 race's of not adjusting the car i slightly adjusted it i think sm1 who go for best after 1 race . if i dont like 80% of old cars specially in games yes . my game can crash while im leading after 59min if i had a good race is all i care .
If it's for my comment, I was praising you because I think you're incredibly fast. I was just joking because I read your concern, like "I can't do one lap", and finally you made a superb race. But it was a praise and admiration, not criticism at all :thumbsup:

If it's for my comment, I was praising you because I think you're incredibly fast. I was just joking because I read your concern, like "I can't do one lap", and finally you made a superb race. But it was a praise and admiration, not criticism at all :thumbsup:
Same here!

As we on that subject. I was wondering why you (Fulvio) like racing with us because you're always in a league of your own. Doesn't it get boring?

u didnt watch me literally before the race in P 0 out of 6 dats why i said i cant set a valid lap :'D in Q 1 out of 3 i was able to set a valid lap on last lap

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%