F1 2011 Fastest way to race on PS3? (Controller Vs Wheel etc)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I just need someone to point me in the direction of a definitive guide, or be able to answer the following questions if you possibly can...

What is the fastest way to race online, So this includes Controller Auto Vs Controller manual vs wheel auto vs wheel manual, and then each scenario with and without assists.

Im thinking its going to be Controller with manual and maybe a few assists, but im not sure... would it be Traction or ABS that once removed yields the quickest potential lap time?

Thanks in advance

Depends who is at the controls. There is no definitive, its all down to practice and natural flare.
I often say, if control pads were better than wheels, real life cars would be fitted with them and not wheels.

On paper and in the right hands, a wheel without assists should be fastest. No TCS to bog down acceleration, manual gears for engine braking etc.
But the assists are also like a get out jail free card, reduce the skill required and often means even a wreckless assisted driver gets an advantage against clean assistless drivers.

Anyone that can drive without any assists on a controller and be fast, deserves a virtual beer.

Bottom line, if you are after game satisfaction and wanting a true measure of your skill against others then get a wheel and drive without assists.
If you just want to win and not spend money on gear, then use a controller, whack up the assists to max, point the car and shoot.

interesting response, maybe if i shed some light on the situation youll be able to help even more.

I have always been a controller user, until i briefly bought a G27 (loved it) but didnt have the room... so i raced manual for a while. Now i have a friend who uses a controller, i always whooped him on 2010 no bother. But on 2011 something is different, when i watch him in the qually he isnt driving well or anything, just his car has way more speed.

Now i tried manual with the controller and it was fine i did a 1 25.9 around nurburgring in TT, that was with traction and abs on, but the second i switch to auto i shaved 7 tengths off my time because im able to throw the car in and be more aggressive. But when we do qualifying and race, his fastest laps are always 2+ seconds ahead of me...

I cant figure out if hes racing on a controller without a certain assist and maybe thats why hes faster, or if its pure setup. Because i know for a fact hes not better at the game as his racecraft is terrible. Infact hes exactly like vettel in real life, starts at the front with a huge advantage in his car, but if he has to fight through he cant do it, i always out defend him.

I guess im stumped.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back