AC Fastest Holiday Driver, Thursday 15th July 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fat Alfi masterpiece of a track.
Really enjoyed that, but not much of it was me, the Porsche Cayenne was so powerful, pulling any gear and was like a barge to overtake, and so easy to make up for the many cod's ups I made.
it was great fun, I think a full field of cars would be a hoot.
And I did like, no one knows where it was, really balanced out the field.
thankyou for that @HF2000 , a great bit of organisation. :thumbsup:

Again thanks to all of you! I really appreciate that you help me finding new formats/combo's.

I personally had a lot of fun although it's a pity that my big mistake in lap2 created a big gap to the top3 otherwise I could have participated in the battles there.

Congrats to Ernie (again). You're the fastest holiday driver 2021!

As I said on Discord: please post here what you liked and disliked about this format and add some suggestions if you have them.

See you next week on track!

That was fun! As the lights came on I suddenly remembered I needed some snacks for the trip :rolleyes: so I popped back into the pit lane along with Joey. By the time we got going again the main field were well up the road but we soon found Allan pointing the wrong way. Allan and me then swapped places several times as we took it in turns to explore and destroy most the scenery.

On one occasion, I went so far into the woods I had to look at the track map to find my way back into the road, only to come out right in front of Allan. The subsequent collision left us both stunned as neither could decide who should go first but Allan being the gent he is let me go in front. But there was a reason for this as as soon as there was a straight bit Allan released the power of the Cayenne and came storming past again and disappeared into the distance.

I was smiling all the way round, really enjoyed the event probably because it was a lot more relaxed, the track was a secret and the cars interesting and different from the normal race cars we drive.

So for me a thumbs up, :thumbsup: I would definitely do it again, well done to Ernie, many thanks to Han for organising and to all the drivers for trying this out.

Disappointed I couldn't make this, I watched a quick video of the track and it looks really fun. I hope you do something here again soon Han or this kind of format.

I am sorry about dropping out so close to it starting, I run a cyber security services provider so life is not quiet at the moment! Thank you for taking the time to organise another event regardless.

Yes, this was good fun event. I really like the idea of unusual and unknown race combos, as having very little time to practice these days turns me off joining most of the group races, and this does level the field a bit. I particularly liked the fact that Han chose to use the reverse layout of an already very unfamiliar route. I would never have thought of running a race in this type of vehicle, but they were actually fun to throw around. The weight and top heavy character of the cars came across really well in the sim, even if I did often forget how looong those breaking distances are!

Regarding the race itself, I made a balls-up of the start (I tried to put the car in gear and hold the clutch... I'm not used to such fancy road cars!) so I got booted to the pits. As @Shed 17 said I ended having to chase the pack from a long way back. On long tracks like this which would take a lot of laps to learn it's probably easier to race in sight of others around you, but I did enjoy chasing the dots ahead while scaring the life out of my virtual passengers and destroying the beautiful French countryside! Thanks @HF2000 and congratulations @Kek700 I hope both of you got to the holiday resort in better condition than I did!

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys had a true "Cannonball Run"! :roflmao: I now regret missing it but had a previous social commitment I couldn't dodge. Wonder if anybody would be able to make a movie out of the replay... it could also become a teaser-trailer for future surprise events! :D

Thanks @HF2000 , it was a fun event. The Maserati is also very enjoyable to drive. Not easy as it likes to step out on the rear under braking but that adds to the excitement :)

It's also quite thirsty and I ran out of fuel in qualy :) Could keep up with the leaders during the race and also led the last lap. Too bad I lost the rear at one point and spun. Lost 3 positions and settled for 4th :/

Would be cool to have events from time to time which feature normal road cars :thumbsup:

Hy guys,

sorry for missing out without notice,
but I live in Erftstadt, you may have seen us on the News.

Personally everything's well just no electricity/Internet since the flood.

When things get back to normal I'll report back here.

Carsten
It's terrible what happened to your hometown and the people who live there! We have seen lot of it on television here. Glad to here that you're allright.
I wish you all the best and hope Erftstadt can fully recover from this disaster soon.

Last edited:
Thank you everybody for your good wishes,
sadly it will take a long while to get rid of the extensive damage.

At the moment we´re clearing the company grounds so when the electricity returns we can start working again.
Nothing too bad, at least we´re still there.
Some people I know lost their business or their home.

Carsten

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back