AC Fastest Holiday Driver, Thursday 15th July 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
FHD.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. We're going to try something new and you don't have to practice for it! Maybe only to select your weapon of choice.

You recognize it or you can imagine something with it. It is the first day of your holiday and you are on your way to your holiday destination with your wife and two young children. It has been hard on the way with traffic jams and a child who became nauseous. To make matters worse, the air conditioning broke and it is very hot in the car.
The kids in the backseat whine, argue and keep asking how long it will take. Your wife is already tired of it.

The last part is no longer a highway and you are also more than tired of it. You now want to be at your final destination as quickly as possible.

What are you going to do? You want to drive faster but how responsible are you? What risks are you going to take with your family in the car? And how fast are you actually?

Let's find out and join us for this special event (see event details below).

Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.

If you are new to RaceDepartment on S.GP, go here first:

Event Details
We're racing with street cars with street tyres and on a secret track with realistic (low) grip. The event configuration will be changed just before the start so what you see on s.gp is not what you get.
Practice only 5 min for the right tyre pressure. Qualify only one lap. Race 30-40min (event on s.gp is configured with laps but that will change also before the start.

The track will be kept secret until just before the start of the event. This is because you don't know the route in real life. Use of the track map is recommended.

• Cars:
    • Alfa Romeo Guiletta QV
    • Maserati Levante S
    • Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
    • Porsche Macan Turbo
  • Track: Secret (on s.gp it will show AVUS DTM but that will change 15 min before pratice starts so everyone can install the mod.
  • Track Temps: 28C air/40C track (hey, it's summer!)
  • Track Condition: Old
  • Weather: clear
  • 20.15 CEST, 19.15 BST (18.15 UTC) Final configuration s.gp, install mod if necessary
  • 20.30 CEST, 19.30 BST (18:30 UTC) | Practice 5 min
  • 20.37 CEST, 19.37 BST (18:37 UTC) | Qualification
  • Race will be finished before 22.00 CEST, 21.00 BST (20:00 UTC)

Server Name (search for 'racedepartment'):
  • Practice Server: none
  • Race Server: SGP
  • Backup RD server #05

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Incident reporting: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-incident-reporting.187534/

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
  4. Server Password: click here
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

See you on track!

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

I really do not like 4x4 Range Rover type vehicles, cannot see the point in them, but I am strangely attacted to them, weird. :unsure: :O_o:
So I will be going for my favourite Porsche Cayenne. :redface:

Yepp,

this certainly certifies as "crazy ****" :sneaky:

Same as Ernie I passionately loath all of the vehicles above.

Hopefully as a certified single with no children on record I´ll be granted a small and underpowered twoseater? Maybe a Caterham or something?

No ?? :(

Pretty Please ;)

All right then, I´ll find out which of the tanks I can stomach.
First trial said:

NON OF THE ABOVE :sick:

see you on the track to the hollidays.

Carsten

Very nice idea Han!

Will clarify things and hopefully sign up then.

I'm curious, when you'll let us know the real track. I mean, if it's a mod, we've to install it quickly then.

Sounds fun, we call these chelsea tractors :D . Such practical vehicles, you can use them to take the kids to school, leave illegally on grass verges in the local countryside on a hot day, badly park at supermarkets, block other drivers from seeing at T junctions and of course in winter drive them at high speed in snow and ice on bald summer tyres due to them being 4x4. I'm in. :thumbsup:

The left hander in your last pic could be the real version of the long left hander of Deutschland ring (in the middle of the track). ;)
Very good, Reik! All three are the Deutschlandring. The first one is the building on the left just after start finish. The second one is the very fast right handler just before you enter the forest. It has less banking now.
I drove the whole track and it's amazing how accurate Fat-Alfie's track is. My wife was stunned that I could tell what would be behind the next corner. There have been some changes but the track is about 90% the same. Really loved it.

Very good, Reik! All three are the Deutschlandring. The first one is the building on the left just after start finish. The second one is the very fast right handler just before you enter the forest. It has less banking now.
I drove the whole track and it's amazing how accurate Fat-Alfie's track is. My wife was stunned that I could tell what would be behind the next corner. There have been some changes but the track is about 90% the same. Really loved it.
Nice photos. It would be great to drive this route for real some time. @Fat-Alfie will be responsible for some expensive travels if we're ever allowed to!

To all participants:

Great that you want to help me test such a new type of event! Much appreciated!

I will configure the s.gp server at 20.15 CEST, 19.15 BST (18.15 UTC).
Then you know the secret track. Install the mod if you don't have it or don't have the correct version. You have 15 minutes to do that, so be prepared and watch the s.gp configuration change at the time above. I'll post here also when I'm done.

Remember this is an experiment and also new to me so things may not go quite as planned.

Last edited:
Such a shame I can't sign up for this fun event.

Would be cool to read some impressions here afterwards.

If so, I had signed up with the Maserati. It's the second powerful car of this bunch but very lively to drive. The rear steps out nicely when lifting/braking and turning.

Ok guys,

Final configuration ready. Please install the mod Fonteny vs 1.1 if you don't have it. It's in the 'mods' tab on the s.gp event.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back