Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have finally revealed their new racing game - Fast and Furious Crossroads - coming May 2020 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

The developers behind the popular Project CARS franchise have announced their new racing IP, a brand new arcade racing game based on the hugely successful Fast and Furious film franchise - and starring some of the lead characters from the smash hit movies.

Scheduled to release around the same time as the ninth instalment to the Fast & Furious film franchise next May, the new game has been designed to expand and support the Fast and Furious film universe, including virtual recreations of franchise stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez and Tyrese Gibson in what the studio describe as 'an authentic storyline, and packed with heroes, gadgets, cars and non-stop cinematic-style action'.

“Fast & Furious remains one of the most beloved franchises of all time and continues to innovate in extraordinary ways,” said Jim Molinets, SVP of Production, Universal Games and Digital Platforms. “Fast & Furious Crossroads is an authentic experience that stays true to the series by amplifying the signature elements that fans love – a star-studded cast, high-stakes story, over-the-top action, deep family ties and, of course, fast cars.”
“As huge fans of the franchise, it’s an honor to be able to expand the Fast & Furious franchise into the world of video games with a brand new story, the introduction of a new crew with ties to beloved characters, and iconic and stunning set pieces,” added Andy Tudor, Chief Creative Officer, Slightly Mad Studios. “With Easter eggs throughout for fans and an intense multiplayer experience, Fast & Furious Crossroads is a thrilling collision course that puts players behind the wheel.”

Slightly Mad Studios have also hinted that the new game will feature an online gameplay mode, however the developers are keeping tight lipped about that particular feature for now, with more news expected to be revealed in the coming weeks and months prior to release next May.

Fast and Furious Crossroads will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC May 2020.

Got something to say about the game? Our Fast and Furious Crossroads sub forum will be here soon!

Fast and Furious Crossroads 1.jpg

That Vin Diesel is actually in this one interests me. He pretty much never gives his likeness to video games. The F&F games have had to write around his absence up to now, and Wheelman and Riddick were done by a team of his choosing. I'm hoping this means he looked at what Slightly Mad Studios was doing and approved. Unless this ends up really bad, I think this likely has my money. I love my realistic track days as much as anybody else, but some days you just want some Hot Wheels-y explody silliness, you know?

Hard pass from me but...this could be a major financial windfall for SMS. Yuge.

The Fast and Furious name/brand/whatever you want to call it is an absolute behemoth. For every 1 gamer who knows what "trailing throttle oversteer" is, there are about 100,000 that know what Fast and Furious is. This is one of those titles that, even if it turns out to be mediocre, could sell an eye popping number of copies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%