Codemasters buys Slightly Mad Studios...
tenor[2].gif

What the hell is this type of stuff doing on this site? I thought RD was about Racing/Driving simulation? Will have to give my premium membership some thought come renewal time. I pay to support this site Paul because i download a lot of stuff off it, I like to do my bit, Shame others don't but if it's resorting to this crap for a bit of news i'm out mate, Cheers.

Happy new year to you Ole and everyone on RD, Nah can do without news about this kind of stuff, Hoping Chobonator will chip in, I love his avatar!!

What the hell is this type of stuff doing on this site? I thought RD was about Racing/Driving simulation? Will have to give my premium membership some thought come renewal time. I pay to support this site Paul because i download a lot of stuff off it, I like to do my bit, Shame others don't but if it's resorting to this crap for a bit of news i'm out mate, Cheers.

ok boomer

While it might be a question worth thinking whether games like these belong to this site there is nothing new that we get the occasional news about these games. For example here are some others:

Personally I am not against this practice as long as the news article has something important in it. Release dates, car and track lists, release plans, patch releases, dlc releases and release trailers are fine. I don't see preview images being that tho. Nor random youtuber videos where everything is "amaizing". If you want to be really anal about it the site name is racedepartment, not simdepartment.

What the hell is this type of stuff doing on this site? I thought RD was about Racing/Driving simulation?
It's just a bit of news, it's not like RD had to decide between this bit of news and a bit of news about iRacing, it's a slow time of year for sim news.

I don't have any interest in the game, but as a member of the PC master race I do enjoy looking down my nose at it and making disparaging remarks about the kind of console peasant it will appeal too.

Gentlemen, why the hate? We've always covered these kind of games in small doses, and if it's not for you... skip the article :)

I'll admit I've got less than zero interest in this type of game, and as such writing it excites me not one iota... but, we are a site dedicated to all kinds of driving and racing games. Remember, this sort if title may just spark an interest in sim racing from someone who previously hadn't considered it after reading about it here, or playing the game and getting engaged with virtual cars.

As for the laughable comment about RD 'needing this type of thing to survive'.. I'm just trying to satisfy as broad of an audience as I can here. If anyone thinks specific articles attract higher numbers of visitors, they are mistaken!

If it was left to my own personal preferences, I'd write about just rF2 and ACC, with the occasional bit about historic touring cars... :D but I try and perform a service to the wider community, at precisely zero benefit to myself, because I love what we do here and want to share my passion with folks who enjoy it too.

So after that rant (written on my phone while trying to enjoy a meal out with my family), please just chill the heck out... don't like the subject of an article, don't read it.. simple. Leave that space for those that do, and move on to something that interests you. It's not like I wrote this (in a particularly slow month for news) at the cost of another more "sim" news piece. Heck, I've had this one saved for a while in the editorial section for just this kind of occasion - very little news to write about and out all day in the sales so away from the laptop...

Relax folks, have a nice festive break and be merry!!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years