It's not going to be a sim. I thought it's been clear right from the start. It's going to a be pure arcade. Why are you so mad?
Sorry if it came over so angry, it wasn't really meant to be. You know how it is, it's Monday morning and any excuse for having a little rant :D
I still find it a bit strange though that a game like this is being plugged on Race department, I mean would any serious Race Department user buy this? I really wonder what it's even doing here, but that's just me, a grumpy old man ;)

Sorry if it came over so angry, it wasn't really meant to be. You know how it is, it's Monday morning and any excuse for having a little rant :D
I still find it a bit strange though that a game like this is being plugged on Race department, I mean would any serious Race Department user buy this? I really wonder what it's even doing here, but that's just me, a grumpy old man ;)
I myself commented before with something like "Wrong site?", so I think if the game wasn't in the news here, only few would miss it. If new Micromachines or Mario Kart would be released I doubt we would read here about it.

To be fair though (admitting my earlier comment wasn't quite objective) , Forza Horizon or Grid games are also arcade games and no one minds reading about them here and many hardcore simmers are happy to buy and play those. So where is the line what racing game belongs here and what doesn't?

It almost seems like many of us don't mind/hate the games by SMS but don't like SMS itself (exactly Mr. Bell).

You know, if SMS did this but as sort of an NFS Underground remake taking place before F&F 1 but making up a storyline before Paul walker that would be awesome and I’d totally buy it. Cheese customization and all. Or you play as Toretto and work your way to the top or something.

I mean would any serious Race Department user buy this?

I mean, unless it's truly abysmal, I'm definitely gonna, and I can handle sim rallying just fine. I enjoy a true-to-life experience when it comes to the track (or the stages), but I'm fond of pairing that with ridiculous silly explodey stuff when I just want to let my brain and reflexes relax a bit and take in some Hot Wheels style joy.

PC2 had WMD behind it?
He is still a businessman first, doesn't owe us anything. Pc2 turned out pretty decent even though most 'purists' liked to make fun of it. He got a fat paycheck for selling SMS and he will make even more money now by purposely releasing commercially viable simcade type games. Seeing said purists always called Project Cars a simcade he's just making his team do what they do best then from now on I suppose?

More revenue and less criticism to boot. Sounds like a win-win to me.
I supported pC2... it wasn't WMD except for the game. Maybe some special few

You can be a serious Race Department user and still not limit yourself to just playing racing sims there are some serious video gamers in general here as well that don't just live and die by one class of software in any given genre. There is a whole nother world out there to be found and enjoyed for no other reasons but those of your own making. Will I buy the game? IDK but I did enjoy The Crew and is similar in nature to this. I do see them showcase truck simulators here as well but did you see it in yourself to post a similar response there as well? what's really going on here? seems more just like a poke at Ian Bell. Like it or not think of the people who put countless hours of effort into creating this and while you may not like Ian your dragging them through the same mudpit you created for him. Doesn't seem really fair to them.

They absolutely belong on a racing site like this. If we were a 100% hardcore simulation site we would have called our selves simracingdepartment.com at launch date, which we didn't (and for a good reason).

We support all forms of motorsport as long as it has wheels and an engine in the real or virtual world. Don't like that kind of titles, ignore it and move on. It's that simple.
Fast and Furious is not a motorsport, that is simple.

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed some interesting preview images from their upcoming new title - Fast & Furious: Crossroads.

Based on the smash hit movie franchise, and containing some of the star characters from the popular series that include big names such as the likes of Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez and Tyrese Gibson, the new title is expected to be a high paced arcade racing game, with many links into the film franchise - of which the ninth instalment is set to release around the same period as the new game.

Scheduled to release in May 2020, little detail is known about the upcoming game at this stage, however in recent days developers Slightly Mad Studios have been revealing some interesting looking screenshots from the game - showing a richly detailed world where I'm sure prospective gamers will find plenty of action to enjoy.

Check out the most recent images below:

Fast and Furious Crossroads 1.jpg
Fast and Furious Crossroads 2.jpg
Fast and Furious Crossroads 3.jpg

Fast and Furious Crossroads will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC May 2020.

Got something to say about the game? Our Fast and Furious Crossroads sub forum will be here soon!

Last edited:
- but if it ends up being free roam around cities and the surburbs in VR then I may not be so meh after all
My favorite would be some kind of "scheduled" racing in different city downtowns simulating some interim/temporary rebel tracks.
In different wellknown towns like Paris, London and Miami.
Giving the same feeling as the Monaco track.
Years back Jacques Villeneuve proposed a similiar idea to Ubisoft who created the SF racing game Speed Challenge.;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%