'Fast' circuits

I'm looking for examples of 'fast' circuits - not too many chicanes, slow sections, complexes, etc.

Silverstone, for example, is generally regarded as a fast circuit (at approx 145mph average speed in F1), compared to say, Hungaroring which is tighter and slower.

Can anybody point me in the right direction of examples to look at? It doesn't have to be F1 only - a track that's 'fast' in GT1 / DTM / BTCC series, for example, would be of use to me. Thanks! (hope the question makes sense..! )

Now that is a fast circuit....

Would it be fair to say there is a distinction between "fast flowing" and "fast average speed" circuits? Is it about the experience as opposed to the overall speed? Does anyone intentionally aim for one or the other when designing a circuit? Or for that matter, intentionally designing slower, more technical circuit? I find Monaco in an F1 car to be "fast" in the sense that the experience is a sustained, fast-flowing succession of events, despite the speed being quite contained.

"Fast" is definitely different than "fast flowing". A fast flowing circuit that's slow gives you a chance to recover (unless there are hard objects like Monaco or a forest rally stage), whereas a fast circuit means you'll go off-track without a chance to recover... small mistakes have more serious consequences on a fast circuit and it's smarter not to overdrive.

To pick on a historical example, Riverside's esses are a prime example of a fast circuit instead of a fast flowing circuit.

Emery - riverside as is Riverside International, California?

Maybe I confuse 'fast' with 'intense'. But I hear alot from various commentators and magazines (like Martin Brundle BBC F1, F1 Racing magazine, etc) this notion of a 'fast' circuit. I guess it's hard to define! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back