fanatic club sport pedals v3 brake performance kit good to simulate road cars?

• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 963434

• Deleted member 963434

Well i know its good upgrade i read so many revievs on it but my question is, is it good to sumulate road car brakes or racing cars only?
I mean i know it makes brake different and yo better brake but my question is as racing cars brakes are stiff and short travel.. can i buy those kit but still have longer travel and have more road car-like pedal?
I was thinking i would combine stiffer and softer elastometer spring to have that softness at beginning and then stiffness after half way but will it work?
I mean i know some people buy thoat upgrade to have better brake and tey only drive race cars so they want to have race car brakes but i prefer having road cars brakes, currently i use stock brakes and feel is pretty good its long travel but thing is it not feel nothing like real car. i mean real car have stat softness at beggining then when brake pad touches brake disc it becomes stiffer and heavir to press but my current stock fanatic pedals dont have that feel, so i wonder if those brake performance kit will make it feel like real car
BUT most important i dont want to have RACE CAR brakes...
and never found out if can i make road car feeling with those preformance kit, people on forums only telling it makes breaking easier and better but my goal is to have more realistic ROAD CAR feel so it shall be long travel and stiffness at half way not travel like 3 cm and stiff from begginning if you know what i mean?

• Deleted member 963434

why nobody replied to me? you dont like me or dont know the answer huh?
i mean i have fanatics and have long travel set but its too soft at whole travel only last 2-3 cm is hard and thats where i feel brakes. but i know people buy brake prformance kits to have better brake but tey often make it short travel and hard at begining.
my goal is not to have race car brakes but road car brakes so it shall be long travel but hard to push at begining, like 2-3 cm soft then it shall become hard. so i asking you is it possible to do with them fanatics brake performance kits?? like make half rubber springs soft and half rubber springs hard will it make it???

I have the V3 inverted with the performance kit.
On the hardest setting it was just to hard for me. It does not feel like a road car at all. I went to a medium setting and it is still harder and more direct than my car... But that gives me a feeling of driving a race/sports car, even though I don't know how a race car feels in real life. My brain likes it :)

• Deleted member 963434

The stock bumpers are pretty soft and give a lot of travel.
yes now i changed mind and i think i stay with stock for now, but for sure would be good to have that small initial resistance feeling as brake pads touches discks at begin of travel. with stock its soft at begining and goes harder linear way, i would like to have soft at begining, but shortly after pressing becomes harder, but is still soft to press it all way down but not too hard, like in real road car. @WildBill24 told he think i will get that feel with hard/soft. but for now ill stay with stock i think, cause there was no black friday deal for that kit xD

• Deleted member 963434

I have the V3 inverted with the performance kit.
On the hardest setting it was just to hard for me. It does not feel like a road car at all. I went to a medium setting and it is still harder and more direct than my car... But that gives me a feeling of driving a race/sports car, even though I don't know how a race car feels in real life. My brain likes it :)
but you used all hard/hard and now medium/medium?
if you got time or would make changes to your brakes any day could you try soft/hard for me? the question is how to put it hard/soft or soft/hard?

yes now i changed mind and i think i stay with stock for now, but for sure would be good to have that small initial resistance feeling as brake pads touches discks at begin of travel. with stock its soft at begining and goes harder linear way, i would like to have soft at begining, but shortly after pressing becomes harder, but is still soft to press it all way down but not too hard, like in real road car. @WildBill24 told he think i will get that feel with hard/soft. but for now ill stay with stock i think, cause there was no black friday deal for that kit xD
I think you can get that feeling with the brake performance kit. If you use a 12mm and 13mm red insert + the small sponge. That's quite soft initially and then gets harder."

I have the V3 inverted as well. Previously I really enjoyed the brake perf kit with red+green 13 I think on the regular V3’s, however when I moved to the inverted I decided to try the damper kit that comes pre-installed on the brake first.

Turns out I am finding it not bad. There is a good sense of travel and the damper kind of gives added weight but without entirely stiffening the pedal. It’s a different feel and I too wanted more of a road car feel. The damper + default foam is closer to that feeling, keeping throw manageable without excessive force, but still feeling tougher than the throttle.

If you are fine spending the money on the somewhat pricey damper, it’s worth a try. If you hate it and just decide to throw the brake perf kit on instead, I still highly recommend putting the damper on the throttle for a bit of added weight. So not a total waste either way.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back