Fanatec Wheel settings

Same problem with my Thrustmaster T500RS. It feels like my wheel is attached to a heavy truck lol.
I fiddled a lot around with my wheel settings in AC and found a sweetspot. ACC feels completely different and both settings ( My AC settings and Default settings) dont feel right. Im missing information. And theres no automatic hard/softlock in the wheel rotation.

Same problem with my Thrustmaster T500RS. It feels like my wheel is attached to a heavy truck lol.
I fiddled a lot around with my wheel settings in AC and found a sweetspot. ACC feels completely different and both settings ( My AC settings and Default settings) dont feel right. Im missing information. And theres no automatic hard/softlock in the wheel rotation.

Make sure your wheel rotation setting in game matches whatever is in your control panel setting.

I have both set to 540 degrees on a T500RS and it feels great to me. 75 gain, 0 min force.

Would love to see what others using the CSL Elite have set.
These are my settings, CSL Elite PS4:
Sen 1080
FFB 100
Sho 100
Abs off
Dri off
For 100
Spr off
Dpr off
Fei 100

In-game I set rotation to 1080°, gain to 65% and min force to 0%

I'm looking into the real steering rotation of the car, to see if I can get it to match up with my wheel and have it stop correctly :)

Fanatec Settings CSL Elite:
sen 1080
ff 100
sho 100
abs 85
dri off - play around with those
for 100
spr off
dpr off
fei 20 - wouldn’t go much higher than 50 otherwise some effects are too exaggerated.

I used those settings for AC1 and they work pretty well with in game gain set to 95% not too heavy or too light. You feel the car understeer and when it starts to oversteer really well.

These are my settings, CSL Elite PS4:
Sen 1080
FFB 100
Sho 100
Abs off
Dri off
For 100
Spr off
Dpr off
Fei 100

In-game I set rotation to 1080°, gain to 65% and min force to 0%

I'm looking into the real steering rotation of the car, to see if I can get it to match up with my wheel and have it stop correctly :)

And these are mine for CSL Elite XBox and PC:
Sen AUT
FFB 100
Sho 100
ABS OFF
Dri OFF
For 100
Spr 100
Dpr 100
Fei 10

Rotation: 1080°
Gain: 75%
Min Force: 0%

CSL Elite PS4
SEN 54
SHO 100
ABS 100
DRI OFF
FOR 100
SPR OFF
DPR OFF
FEI 000

IN GAME GAIN 100%
MINIMUM FORCE 8%
IN GAME ROTATION 540 DEGREE

I feel FEI will exaggerate the effects and I prefer use in game setting to control FFB than use hardware features.

I feel FEI will exaggerate the effects and I prefer use in game setting to control FFB than use hardware features.

That is what I had also thought when I got my CSW 2.5 / v3 pedals last week but I found out different:

In fact FEI:100 is the standard setting that just gives you direct and unfiltered effects but does not determine the strength, however, you will only realize this when you set everything to 100 on the wheel and adjust overall FF later.

Strength or Force comes with FOR:100. If you set this to 0 then you would not get any FFB in game. Same applies to FF:0 of course. FOR gives you the strength and FF the level of Feedback from zero to all of it. FEI gives you the intensity or realism from very soft to very realistic. So Fanatec are offering three dimensions now.

FOR -> FF -> FEI

I agree with your intention to control FFB in game.

SEN AUT (this setting gives full control to the game and is best)
FF 100 (provides all the Feedback the wheel got)
SHO OFF (I do not need this)
ABS OFF (or ON, whatever you like)
DRI -1 (which is specific to driver v311 and relates to OFF being an new setting)
FOR 100 (provides all the Force the wheel got)
SPR OFF
DPR OFF
FEI 100 (provides all the details and realism the wheel got)

On a side note and maybe interesting for others:
I have tested wheel accuracy by setting all on wheel parameters but SEN:AUT to OFF and then checked on the steering precision and the effect that DRI has.

CSW 2.5 (maybe different with other bases):
DRI 1-5 makes the wheel turn faster, it is like progressiv steering support. No way, this is very bad for me, because it makes the wheel turn by itself in chicanes and reduces my level of influence.

DRI -1 to -5 dampers the wheel and makes it more and more smooth with -5 being the default setting for CSW 2.5. And DRI: OFF leaves dampening to the game which is not very well supported by some games at least.

In my case DR-1 feels most realistic because when test driving without any force feedback, the car just exactly goes where I want it to go. Having this fixed, I went to add FF, FOR, and FEI (all 100) being sure that there will not be any issues coming from the steering.

Rotation: Don't touch
The F2004 for instance has a steering lock at 380 degrees, but there is absolutely no need to adjust rotation down to that level, neither on the wheel nor in AC. In my case with setting SEN: AUT and AC:900 the wheel is just exactly right comparing the position of virtual and real wheel. What else could I ask?

Hope this helps,

Hi Guys,

I find my CSL quite fidgity, as in it moves from side to side quite abit, your almost having to hold it straight, it feels nice and smooth though.

My settings are:

SEN 540
FF 100
SHO OFF
ABS OFF
DRI 3
FOR 60
SPR OFF
DPR OFF
FEI 100

In Game settings

Gain 85%
Minimum Force 0%
Road, Kerb, Slip Effects 3%

I also ran the wheel check and LUT generator.

Any recommendations for improvements?

This thread inspired me to do some tweaking and really happy with where I'm at now. Here's what I got.

In-game settings are default. Might try reducing the Gain at some point, but happy with current settings. I tried Minimum Force at 10% but it was too much.

SEN: Auto
There's no need to mess with this in my book. Tried 540 on wheel and in-game and found the steering way too light and vague.

FF:100
No change

SHO: 100
No change

ABS:100
This affect is pretty subtle, or I'm not hitting ABS too much. I like having it on, but it's not a critical thing for me.

DRI: -2
Fiddling around with this quite a bit. Could happily leave it off, but like this setting as it adds a little smoothness and feels like it forces the wheel to centre just a little more without being too aggressive.

FOR: 100
Not sure why anyone would turn this down. It's fine at this setting.

SPF: OFF
DPR: OFF

FEI: 60
The key bit here is you get a nice bit force feedback from curbs at this setting, which really helps communicated where the front of the car is relative to the surface. Any higher than this and feedback is too much, but this is just right with these other settings.

Hi Guys,

I find my CSL quite fidgity, as in it moves from side to side quite abit, your almost having to hold it straight, it feels nice and smooth though.

My settings are:

SEN 540
FF 100
SHO OFF
ABS OFF
DRI 3
FOR 60
SPR OFF
DPR OFF
FEI 100

In Game settings

Gain 85%
Minimum Force 0%
Road, Kerb, Slip Effects 3%

I also ran the wheel check and LUT generator.

Any recommendations for improvements?

LUT made my wheel super weak. Anyways really only for logitechs

This thread inspired me to do some tweaking and really happy with where I'm at now. Here's what I got.

In-game settings are default. Might try reducing the Gain at some point, but happy with current settings. I tried Minimum Force at 10% but it was too much.

SEN: Auto
There's no need to mess with this in my book. Tried 540 on wheel and in-game and found the steering way too light and vague.

FF:100
No change

SHO: 100
No change

ABS:100
This affect is pretty subtle, or I'm not hitting ABS too much. I like having it on, but it's not a critical thing for me.

DRI: -2
Fiddling around with this quite a bit. Could happily leave it off, but like this setting as it adds a little smoothness and feels like it forces the wheel to centre just a little more without being too aggressive.

FOR: 100
Not sure why anyone would turn this down. It's fine at this setting.

SPF: OFF
DPR: OFF

FEI: 60
The key bit here is you get a nice bit force feedback from curbs at this setting, which really helps communicated where the front of the car is relative to the surface. Any higher than this and feedback is too much, but this is just right with these other settings.

I recently aquired a CSL Elite, and I was a bit desperate because I could not find something I felt comfortable with, to the point of considering putting my old T500 back. But tried your settings and I must say they are what I was looking for. Thanks!

Hi all can any of you guys with the fanatec CSL Elite wheel get your buttons on the wheel to work?
I'm running in vr and I want to set my D pad center button to center my vr but when it asks me to confirm the setting by hitting the 1 button none of the buttons work the only button that works is the 2(back) button then it doesn't save the setting, if this makes sense :)

Hi all can any of you guys with the fanatec CSL Elite wheel get your buttons on the wheel to work?
I'm running in vr and I want to set my D pad center button to center my vr but when it asks me to confirm the setting by hitting the 1 button none of the buttons work the only button that works is the 2(back) button then it doesn't save the setting, if this makes sense :)

You need to do it in monitor mode. I think assigning controls in VR is bugged right now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back