Fanatec Wheel rims for DD wheels

Hello Guys,

I hope some of you RD veterans that have DD wheels can help me out.
I'm looking into investing in a OSW or accuforce in the near future. I currently have a CSL elite, its a good wheel but i want that extra imersion factor. DD is the way to go. I own a Formula carbon Rim, and the basic PS4 wheel.

I read that therer are adapters for DD wheels to use fanatec wheels on them, Can some one please higlight me on how there actually works?

You inputs would be much aprecciated. Thanks :D

The guys from Granite have developed a wireless module for the OSW, it’s currently being implemented by manufacturers. It uses the latest low energy protocol and they have calculated hardcore use to allow 4 to 10 years of usage without recharging. The module goes in a button box and another module can just be plugged into the OSW base, this way the button box can directly communicate with the OSW, without having to rely on Windows bluetooth (which is rather flakey). They also say that rims can be hot swapped by holding both shifter pedals for five seconds to disconnect, then again with the new wheel to connect. This seems to be the best wireless solution yet.

I’m really disappointed that Podium got another delay, because my old T300 is disintegrating... the news about proper wireless OSW pushed me towards OSW. And the unknown factor of being early adopter with Podium vs a well developed product like OSW.

Well, if you’re interested, here’s the forum about the OSW wireless module:

https://community.granitedevices.com/t/simucube-wireless-wheel-support/1951

Last edited:
Upvote 0
onestly i also was perplex about the usb cord attached to the whell in the osw setup but i totaly forgot about that in just a day. Dunno if can become a failure poit in the future, but with a good installation the cord stay (almost) put where you place it. So far so good, my kit is 3 days old, but lets hope the better ;)

Upvote 0
onestly i also was perplex about the usb cord attached to the whell in the osw setup but i totaly forgot about that in just a day. Dunno if can become a failure poit in the future, but with a good installation the cord stay (almost) put where you place it. So far so good, my kit is 3 days old, but lets hope the better ;)

What button box did you get and what rim? I’m looking at Simracingcoach, they have nice simple button boxes... I might try to DIY the wireless module into the box later on.

Upvote 0
Thanks! Yes, that’s the exact one I was looking at. Glad to hear it’s good. I just can’t wait another four months for an untested product like the Podium. Guess I’ll bite the OSW bullet.

Upvote 0
Thanks! Yes, that’s the exact one I was looking at. Glad to hear it’s good. I just can’t wait another four months for an untested product like the Podium. Guess I’ll bite the OSW bullet.
Hi Hugo. Wise move re the OSW have been a user for over 2 years not one problem with the system, although you have many things you can adjust and that takes time to learn.. May i suggest Sim Racing Bay system with the shielded cables eliminates any EMI problems .. I have Ascher C26 button plate with 2 clutch paddles and sparco 310 wheel there are 26 functions you can use .only problem it is expensive, never a missed shift or button press in the 9 months i have had this button plate .but hey quality is not cheap .. good review on Y/T Sim racing garage Ascher button plate dual clutch .. hope this info helps.. PS one day i hope to have motion rig like yours:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, I just ordered an OSW from Simracingbay. And a button box with rim from Simracingcoach. Looking forward to winter time with lots of racing! Somewhere in May we’ll see the first user reports of Podium and if its sooo much better I could always switch with some loss. But most probably by then I’ll have the wireless module integrated and there will be practically no difference.

Upvote 0
Hi Hugo. Wise move re the OSW have been a user for over 2 years not one problem with the system, although you have many things you can adjust and that takes time to learn.. May i suggest Sim Racing Bay system with the shielded cables eliminates any EMI problems .. I have Ascher C26 button plate with 2 clutch paddles and sparco 310 wheel there are 26 functions you can use .only problem it is expensive, never a missed shift or button press in the 9 months i have had this button plate .but hey quality is not cheap .. good review on Y/T Sim racing garage Ascher button plate dual clutch .. hope this info helps.. PS one day i hope to have motion rig like yours:)

Thanks for the advice! I’ve only heard good things about OSW yet, this has been the reason I bit the bullet now, even without trying it before! I like the idea of an industrial motor that is over-engineerd for its purpose. Also, my rig gets heavy vibration from the SFX100 and Buttkickers, so I’m glad most of the electronics will be off the rig on the ground instead of on the rig like with Fanatec, but this is of course just peace of mind.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back