Fanatec wheel confusion

Hi all,
Apologies if this has been posted before, I'm considering a Fanatec DD1 but a bit confused with some of the wheel options, torque levels and hubs available, hoping someone can help me out:

- CSL/ Clubsport and torque. I see some of the CSL wheels are Low Torque only (WRC wheel), but then the CSL McLaren wheel says High Torque with ClubSport QR Adapter? So in general are the ClubSport wheels all High Torque? I know a lot of people don't run DD1's at full torque anyway, but does anyone know what the Low Torque value actually is? The WRC and McLaren are two of my preferred wheels in the range.

- In terms of custom or DIY wheels, I'm still confused with the hubs. So CSL hub, is going to be low torque as above I assume?
ClubSport Universal hub, low or high torque? Is that an XBOX only, or is there a general/PC version also?
Then the Podium hub, this one seems to be confuse me more - you use this in combination with the Podium paddle shifter and Endurance button module? Is there other benefits to this hub?
Any other adapters, or QR needed for any of these?

- Fanatec seem to have a strange habit of taking things off their website, so is there just short term supply issues, or were any of these limited or discontinued?

Overall trying to figure out what's the handiest way to get a nice GT/Formula wheel and then a nice Rally wheel, either off the shelf or DIY.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

but then the CSL McLaren wheel says High Torque with ClubSport QR Adapter?
That's correct.
So in general are the ClubSport wheels all High Torque?
Yes.
I know a lot of people don't run DD1's at full torque anyway, but does anyone know what the Low Torque value actually is?
About 9 Newton meters of torque.
So CSL hub, is going to be low torque as above I assume?
With the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter you will be able to use the full torque.
ClubSport Universal hub, low or high torque? Is that an XBOX only, or is there a general/PC version also?
High torque, and you can use it on PC.

Upvote 0
Most products are not available at the moment on their website. It seems they will have a new quick release in a few weeks/months time so they are just going to shake things up. So far they presented the BWM rim, then the CSL DD base at the other end of the spectrum but since there are rumors of a CSW DD wheel too, I guess will have quite a few products or new versions of existing products coming. It just seems they misjudged the gap between running out of existing products and getting the new ones in production...

Upvote 0
I have a CSW 2.5 with a Formula v2 Rim. The wheel is great feel and build quality is excellent as long as you factor in the Alcantara grips (wear gloves). I think it has the v1 QR. Does this fit straight on to the DD1 / DD2's as well?

I'm assuming when they bring out their v2 QR they will sell all their wheels with the new QR fitted as standard. I guess they will sell conversions for existing DD1 / DD2 / CSW owners so they can fit new wheels they might purchase?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back