Fanatec V3

My Fanatec v3s have bit the dust, how much is it going to suck going from them to the fanatec CLS elite pedals?

I'm skint so the elites would be my max cost with the load cell brake.

I agree with the above guy that there is a good chance they are fixable, but the reality is I don't think it will be world ending going from one load cell pedal to another. Once you get to load cell you're just incrementally getting better until you hit hydraulics.

source: former V3 owner

Upvote 0
No connection, nothing dead both on USB and straight to the wheel base. Could be the board maybe?
[/CITAZIONE]
have you tried to connect the V3 to another PC via USB?
If it does not work on another PC and is not even seen as a peripheral, it could be the PCB which could cost € 20/25.
Open a Fanatec support ticket.

Upvote 0
[QUOTE = "James Burton, post: 3340681, membro: 879462"]
meh ha appena comprato alcuni v3 su ebay. Almeno avrò qualche pezzo di ricambio. duro lavoro correre con le pagaie maclaren lol. si sedette e guardò triste la moglie e lei disse di andare maledettamente a comprarne un po 'allora: roflmao:
[/CITAZIONE]
ok! you are a lucky man

Upvote 0
I agree with the above guy that there is a good chance they are fixable, but the reality is I don't think it will be world ending going from one load cell pedal to another. Once you get to load cell you're just incrementally getting better until you hit hydraulics.

source: former V3 owner
meh just bought some v3s off ebay. least I`ll have some spare bits. hard work racing with the maclaren paddles lol. sat and looked sad at the wife and she said go bloody buy some then :roflmao:
Good decision! Although I would still contact Fanatec, make a video so they might be able to tell you what to replace!

About the CSL's being any good:

I had them, I hated them, I sold them and got V3's. Since then I'm super happy!

Upvote 0
I agree with all the comments on fixing your existing V3 pedals.
I speak from experience as I too, had mixed moments of pure frustration with Fanatec Clubsport pedals.
I have completely overhauled my set...multiple times.
I never really got a definitive answer on what finally fixed the issue but I am happy it is.
I suspect USB...specifically USB interfacing, despite multiple computers and OSes prior to Win10.
My Clubsports are the originals...so V1.
The sale actually started out with a bit of concern, since Fanatec sent me pedals which had been returned from another user. (The buyer's RMA receipt was still inside the box).
I kept a copy and contacted the original buyer, who indicated he'd purchase them but did not use them after unpacking.
I kept them on that basis after verifying his claim.
The first year was great (no issues).
After that, I started having the dreaded 'drifting throttle' failure. (With throttle pedal physically pushed to max, throttle record partial valuel).
I checked all the usual 'suspects'...checked set-screw tightness, cleaned magnets, etc...
I swapped out three different throttle sensors in a 2.5 year span to fix the recurring issue.
It'd appear to be fixed every time I changed the throttle sensor, only to return in a few months.
I then swapped out the main PCB after the third year...same result.
I tried different USB ports...different PC.
It was always hit or miss.
I have not had a single issue with them since swapping to Windows10
It all seems very strange and I'm not sure the original sensors were indeed to blame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%