Fanatec V3 with V2.5 or CSL Elite with HE Pro?

I've narrowed my choices down to these.

Fanatec V3 Pedals with Fanatec V2.5

Or

Fanatec CSL Elite with Heusinkveld Pro Pedals

What would you choose and why?

Both would be used with the Formula Rim.

Also, does anyone know how well the Next Level GT Ultimate with motion platform V3 cockpit, goes with the HE pedals? I'm unsure if the pedal deck is strong enough.

The pedal deck ought to be strong enough to hold the HE pedals, but I'm assuming you don't have the Next Level GT Ultimate yet? The pedal deck isn't without some flex though which I experienced with Fanatec V3 pedals. It wasn't terrible but it's not completely solid. I now own the HE Pro pedals but with an 80/20 rig. The HE Pro brake pressure weight isn't dissimilar from the Fanatec's.

I'm not a fan of the Next Level GT Ultimate wheel deck I found it had too much flex with my old CSW V2. I do like the NL Motion platform though and I have that too, mounted on my 80/20.

Upvote 0
The pedal deck ought to be strong enough to hold the HE pedals, but I'm assuming you don't have the Next Level GT Ultimate yet? The pedal deck isn't without some flex though which I experienced with Fanatec V3 pedals. It wasn't terrible but it's not completely solid. I now own the HE Pro pedals but with an 80/20 rig. The HE Pro brake pressure weight isn't dissimilar from the Fanatec's.

I'm not a fan of the Next Level GT Ultimate wheel deck I found it had too much flex with my old CSW V2. I do like the NL Motion platform though and I have that too, mounted on my 80/20.

Thanks for reply, Yes I currently do own the NL cockpit with motion platform V3, the reason I was questioning is because the pedal deck is thin sheet of aluminium, so I wasn't sure if the pedals would literally bend the pedal deck, also which wheel/pedal combo would you choose?

Upvote 0
If you're planning to run with this setup for a few years as opposed to, say, selling the base and upgrading to DD one once Fanatec starts selling them, I'd suggest V2.5 with CSP V3. V2.5 is a solid metal base that uses a grooved belt which is probably better and smoother than a cogged belt being utilized by CSL Elite base. And CSP V3 is a very nice set of pedals.
I also recommend getting brake performance kit and damper kit for the pedals which can be done later though if money is an issue. I ran 8 months without them, but boy they do make a difference. Performance kit reduces the pedal travel with several available combinations to choose from while damper kit adds hydraulic feeling to the pedal which you can adjust to your liking. I'm currently using medium set (green 13 + red 13 for the performance kit) and 2.5 for the damper. Works good with shoes and can be used with socks too, but might get tiresome for your feet in long races.
I honestly do not understand what are the benefits of HE pedals aside of more adjustments and mounting options. You do not really need a load cell on the throttle and clutch, any positional sensor that does not degrade over the time (i.e. hall sensor) is fine for that, and 90 kg load cell on CSP V3 brake is as good as it gets.

Upvote 0
One problem I did have with the NL pedal plate was it wasn' drilled to carry Fanatec pedals. In fact it was impossible for them to be normally mounted as the bolt holes on the pedals are close to the edge of the NL pedal plate. Basically right above the tube frame that the aluminum plate sits on. I guess it's possible NL updated this since I owned the NL cockpit, but it was only a couple of years back and I bought it new.

Check your measurements first, Fanatec have the mounting specs on their website and so do Heusinkveld for there's. To get the Fanatec pedals to fit I attached a couple of wooden battens to the pedal plate, then I mounted the pedals to the battens. As a solution it worked very nicely.

I couldn't give you an opinion on the CSL Elite vs. the V2.5 as I've never tried the Elite.

With regards to the pedals, the HE Pro's a are of course superior to the Fanatec set. But in the region of double the price, I wouldn't say they are double the performance. Fanatec V3's are a great sturdy set of pedals. Still the HE Pro's are better overall and constructed with higher quality parts and adjustable. No noticeable difference with the gas and clutch operation making a difference in driving better. But the brake pedal on the HE Pro's is a lot better than the V3's. I immediately had better braking control, trail braking and scrubbing speed corning is noticeably easier. Where with the V3's I was locking up the brakes much more.

Upvote 0
If you're planning to run with this setup for a few years as opposed to, say, selling the base and upgrading to DD one once Fanatec starts selling them, I'd suggest V2.5 with CSP V3. V2.5 is a solid metal base that uses a grooved belt which is probably better and smoother than a cogged belt being utilized by CSL Elite base. And CSP V3 is a very nice set of pedals.
I also recommend getting brake performance kit and damper kit for the pedals which can be done later though if money is an issue. I ran 8 months without them, but boy they do make a difference. Performance kit reduces the pedal travel with several available combinations to choose from while damper kit adds hydraulic feeling to the pedal which you can adjust to your liking. I'm currently using medium set (green 13 + red 13 for the performance kit) and 2.5 for the damper. Works good with shoes and can be used with socks too, but might get tiresome for your feet in long races.
I honestly do not understand what are the benefits of HE pedals aside of more adjustments and mounting options. You do not really need a load cell on the throttle and clutch, any positional sensor that does not degrade over the time (i.e. hall sensor) is fine for that, and 90 kg load cell on CSP V3 brake is as good as it gets.

Fanatec DD wheel will be double the price of the V2.5, also I'm going to take your opinions with a grain of salt because you're clearly biased towards the Fanatec V3s and the fact you've never tried the Heusinkveld pedals, everyone who has reviewed them pedals has said they're miles better than the V3s.

Upvote 0
One problem I did have with the NL pedal plate was it wasn' drilled to carry Fanatec pedals. In fact it was impossible for them to be normally mounted as the bolt holes on the pedals are close to the edge of the NL pedal plate. Basically right above the tube frame that the aluminum plate sits on. I guess it's possible NL updated this since I owned the NL cockpit, but it was only a couple of years back and I bought it new.

Check your measurements first, Fanatec have the mounting specs on their website and so do Heusinkveld for there's. To get the Fanatec pedals to fit I attached a couple of wooden battens to the pedal plate, then I mounted the pedals to the battens. As a solution it worked very nicely.

I couldn't give you an opinion on the CSL Elite vs. the V2.5 as I've never tried the Elite.

With regards to the pedals, the HE Pro's a are of course superior to the Fanatec set. But in the region of double the price, I wouldn't say they are double the performance. Fanatec V3's are a great sturdy set of pedals. Still the HE Pro's are better overall and constructed with higher quality parts and adjustable. No noticeable difference with the gas and clutch operation making a difference in driving better. But the brake pedal on the HE Pro's is a lot better than the V3's. I immediately had better braking control, trail braking and scrubbing speed corning is noticeably easier. Where with the V3's I was locking up the brakes much more.

I have the 2017 cockpit, there was issues with previous versions, so maybe you had one of those, also the HE pedals aren't double the price, the V3 with shipping is £430 with damper kit, the HE pedals with baseplate is £650

I've heard bad things about the V3s, and every review on the HE pedals have been positive.

Upvote 0
Fanatec DD wheel will be double the price of the V2.5, also I'm going to take your opinions with a grain of salt because you're clearly biased towards the Fanatec V3s and the fact you've never tried the Heusinkveld pedals, everyone who has reviewed them pedals has said they're miles better than the V3s.
But have anyone tried to compare fully upgraded CSP V3 to HE? I agree that stock V3s are lacking quite a bit in realistic brake feeling, but with those $100 worth of upgrade kits they become really good, so I can hardly imagine HE being miles better. And I'm yet to see any explanation of why LC is better than hall sensor for clutch and throttle. In real cars throttle's action is position and not pressure based. Clutch is different but it's the least important pedal of the three anyway.

Upvote 0
But have anyone tried to compare fully upgraded CSP V3 to HE? I agree that stock V3s are lacking quite a bit in realistic brake feeling, but with those $100 worth of upgrade kits they become really good, so I can hardly imagine HE being miles better. And I'm yet to see any explanation of why LC is better than hall sensor for clutch and throttle. In real cars throttle's action is position and not pressure based. Clutch is different but it's the least important pedal of the three anyway.

Yes.... all of the reviews are with the V3 brake kit, those $100 upgrade kits and delivery charges bring the price into the P1 and HE pedals, hate to be an asshole but why have you commented on a post about a pedal set you haven't tried? Ofcourse you're going to favour the V3s you have them! you haven't tried the HE pedals.

Upvote 0
[QUOTE="Karma#44, post: 2547640, member: 279040"HE pedals aren't double the price, the V3 with [/QUOTE]

Depends where you live, in the US the stock V3's are $299. So yes, around double for HE Pro's.

The Fanatec V3's are perfectly good, I've used them for a good year before changing to the HE Pros. If you haven't tried them then you can't really can't be opinionated on something you know nothing about.

Upvote 0

Sure I had the fully loaded Fanatec V3's (damper and brake performance kit), then upgraded to HE Pros. The load cell in the clutch and throttle make no difference to, it's just part of the pedal design. As I said before they are better than the V3's, but the V3's are still great.

Upvote 0
Yes.... all of the reviews are with the V3 brake kit, those $100 upgrade kits and delivery charges bring the price into the P1 and HE pedals, hate to be an asshole but why have you commented on a post about a pedal set you haven't tried? Ofcourse you're going to favour the V3s you have them! you haven't tried the HE pedals.

Well, there's a an old review that says that upgraded V3 set is in HE territory. http://www.simnewsdaily.com/fanatec-clubsport-v3-pedal-review/. Originally it was posted on ISR and I remember reading it there, but it's no longer available there.
I commented on the post because you asked opinion and I can have an opinion even without trying pedals, though I might be wrong. I personally would not pay extra $360 (780-420, both prices include shipping to where I live) to get HE Pro over what I currently have because what I have works for me, gives good immersion and does not hinder my driving in any way. If I'm slower than others it's because my driving skills are worse, not because the hardware is inferior.
Now, I haven't tried CSL base either and I think that probably it will work fine with the small and light Formula rim, but if you eventually buy a bigger rim then I'm afraid it won't be as good as CSW V2.5 due to 20% less torque. I run V2.5 using 70% force with Formula and 100% with Porsche rims, you probably can increase that to 120-130 but it will clip.
That's why I think your first option is a more balanced set overall and much better looking too :)

Upvote 0
I have the 2017 cockpit, there was issues with previous versions, so maybe you had one of those, also the HE pedals aren't double the price, the V3 with shipping is £430 with damper kit, the HE pedals with baseplate is £650

I've heard bad things about the V3s, and every review on the HE pedals have been positive.
You might have forgotten to add VAT and/or shipping, it's more like £760 with those added

Upvote 0
[QUOTE="Karma#44, post: 2547640, member: 279040"HE pedals aren't double the price, the V3 with

Depends where you live, in the US the stock V3's are $299. So yes, around double for HE Pro's.

The Fanatec V3's are perfectly good, I've used them for a good year before changing to the HE Pros. If you haven't tried them then you can't really can't be opinionated on something you know nothing about.[/QUOTE]

Right, but I don't live in the US so that's irrelevant, that's exactly my point.

Upvote 0
Well, there's a an old review that says that upgraded V3 set is in HE territory. http://www.simnewsdaily.com/fanatec-clubsport-v3-pedal-review/. Originally it was posted on ISR and I remember reading it there, but it's no longer available there.
I commented on the post because you asked opinion and I can have an opinion even without trying pedals, though I might be wrong. I personally would not pay extra $360 (780-420, both prices include shipping to where I live) to get HE Pro over what I currently have because what I have works for me, gives good immersion and does not hinder my driving in any way. If I'm slower than others it's because my driving skills are worse, not because the hardware is inferior.
Now, I haven't tried CSL base either and I think that probably it will work fine with the small and light Formula rim, but if you eventually buy a bigger rim then I'm afraid it won't be as good as CSW V2.5 due to 20% less torque. I run V2.5 using 70% force with Formula and 100% with Porsche rims, you probably can increase that to 120-130 but it will clip.
That's why I think your first option is a more balanced set overall and much better looking too :)

I asked an opinion from somebody who can compare the pedals by experience, I think it's quite obvious?

Anyway, it's a £220 gap not £360, I'm going for the V2.5 and the Heusinkveld pedals anyway as I found out the CSL Elite doesn't mount to the NL cockpit.

Upvote 0

The Fanatec V3's are perfectly good, I've used them for a good year before changing to the HE Pros. If you haven't tried them then you can't really can't be opinionated on something you know nothing about.

Right, but I don't live in the US so that's irrelevant, that's exactly my point.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so the question for your circumstances, are they worth £220 more. In my experience of owning both, no they aren't if you want to put cash difference versus sim racing performance. For the extra money you get pedals constructed from better materials throughout. The £220 extra is justified in that sense.

Upvote 0
Nope it is £650 with baseplate & shipping, I'm buying the 2 pedal set, I've no need for a clutch as I only drive F1 and GT cars.
Ah, I see. I also drive mostly GT cars, but I sometimes still have to use that 3rd pedal on race starts if the first gear is too tall and the car bogs down without helping it with the clutch to keep the revs high, so it's nice to have it. But you can always add it later with HE, so it's no problem.

Upvote 0
Ah, I see. I also drive mostly GT cars, but I sometimes still have to use that 3rd pedal on race starts if the first gear is too tall and the car bogs down without helping it with the clutch to keep the revs high, so it's nice to have it. But you can always add it later with HE, so it's no problem.

I agree, I drive sequential cars only but use the clutch for starts. The clutch makes a surprising difference for getting clean and grippy starts.

Upvote 0
I asked an opinion from somebody who can compare the pedals by experience, I think it's quite obvious?

Anyway, it's a £220 gap not £360, I'm going for the V2.5 and the Heusinkveld pedals anyway as I found out the CSL Elite doesn't mount to the NL cockpit.
Nope, not obvious. You just asked "what would you choose and why" and without even hinting where you are from which is important because of price and logistics differences. Honestly, it all looks like you all but decided to get HE before asking here. Not sure what you expected, someone to tell you that they are worse? Clearly that's not the case and I was not saying it, I was arguing that the price difference is not worth it and the other commenter here who did try both seemed to agree with that.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back