Fanatec V2 wheel your thoughts

Hi just need some info on the new Fanatec v2 wheel
Looking at getting the v2:)
Not that there is anything wrong with our trusty T500:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Have heard good things about the next version wheel from fanatec
Hows the feedback?
Which wheel you prefer?
Wheel settings?
;)
Doh should have posted this on the hardware site :confused:

Last edited:
Tony, I received mine on Dec 17 and after a day or so to get familiar with the tuning settings, I believe the CSW v2 is the best wheel I've ever owned. It just feels wonderful, just the right amount of power and very low friction, its stronger than a T500RS and even smoother than the TX or T300RS.

And now the bad news, it broke after 11 days of use on Dec 28. Fanatec issued an RMA very quickly in one working day and I sent my base back to them for repair. I'm hopeful to have it back mid to late January but I'll be completely honest, I don't fully trust it now. If it breaks again, I'll be selling it or asking for a refund and I'll order an Accuforce wheel and use my T500, T300 and TX for console use.

As with all Fanatec products...they work great, when they work. I really hate to sound disgruntled but I waited 3 1/2 months after ordering my CSW v2 and having it break after 11 days and be sent back for warranty repair is just ridiculous. Its not as if I could just write it off as a defective wheel and return it to a store and get a new one the same day. I have no choice but to wait weeks for a turn-around repair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Blkout :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Really after 11 days I would be gutted to say the least .:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I was just looking at spending around the 2k V2 wheelbase, F1 wheel ,Bmw wheel ,V2 pedals n the shifter
Also had a buyer for the t500 as well lucky just told him sorry its not for sale:thumbsup:
Or not just yet:unsure:
My old reliable T500 has still got years left in it.
Was going to order it through Fanatec Australia as I live in New Zealand
I would probably looking at a slower turn around than you.
If I encountered any issues:(
Thanks again for your feedback
See you on the track:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Mate I just watched the review on the Accuforce wheel on inside sim racing was a 2009 clip but this is awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Saving up :) Accuforce :)
Looking like the first shipments pre ordered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Blkout :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Really after 11 days I would be gutted to say the least .:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I was just looking at spending around the 2k V2 wheelbase, F1 wheel ,Bmw wheel ,V2 pedals n the shifter
Also had a buyer for the t500 as well lucky just told him sorry its not for sale:thumbsup:
Or not just yet:unsure:
My old reliable T500 has still got years left in it.
Was going to order it through Fanatec Australia as I live in New Zealand
I would probably looking at a slower turn around than you.
If I encountered any issues:(
Thanks again for your feedback
See you on the track:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Mate I just watched the review on the Accuforce wheel on inside sim racing was a 2009 clip but this is awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Saving up :) Accuforce :)
Looking like the first shipments pre ordered.

There is no question in my mind that the Accuforce is a superior wheel in every way, however it will always be PC compatible only and one of the main reasons I decided to go with the CSW v2 over the Accuforce initially is that it has PS3 support, future Xbox One support and hopefully PS4 support at some point. That being said, none of that means anything if the wheel stays broken and I do play far more PC racing games than console.

Like I said, the CSW v2 is an outstanding wheel and I give nothing but the highest praise if you get one that doesn't have problems.

Upvote 0
Just need to add my short experience to the mix, I got my CSW v2 on the 16th of december but have had less chance to use it than I wished for due to an accident I had two days before the wheel arrived. But I've put a good few hours into it now and it was worth every minute of the 3 months wait! Mine is still going strong, no errors so far, and I bleeping LOVE it!

Upvote 0
After g25 and csr-e I'm notably more consistent driver now. V2 has enough power to produce wide dynamic range of strength. V2 also reacts quite quickly so even rFactor cars are a bit more controlable to me now.

But with high downforce race cars I'm often experiencing clipping at faster corners so I still wouldn't mind couple extra newton meters of torque.

Btw to me dri setting 5 feels the best. With lower values theres feeling of fake damper.

Upvote 0
After g25 and csr-e I'm notably more consistent driver now. V2 has enough power to produce wide dynamic range of strength. V2 also reacts quite quickly so even rFactor cars are a bit more controlable to me now.

But with high downforce race cars I'm often experiencing clipping at faster corners so I still wouldn't mind couple extra newton meters of torque.

Btw to me dri setting 5 feels the best. With lower values theres feeling of fake damper.

Drift setting 3 is pretty much free spinning with just the drag from the internals of the wheel. I've read that at Drift setting 4 and 5, the motor is actually assisting you so its actually fake.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have just watched setup vid for Drift setting 4/5 and you are correct 'Blkout'.

I have just sold my T500RS, Pedals, TH8A and wheel stand pro, just invested €1500 in the Fantatec Clusport V2 Range, again 3.5 month waiting list and it seems 50/50 whether you are one of the lucky ones not to suffer an RMA, I am in the hands of the gods !! :O_o:

I am fairly new to serious sim racing so I do not know enough about ACCUFORCE hardware !
Will you now go this way Tony !?

Upvote 0
I've read that at Drift setting 4 and 5, the motor is actually assisting you so its actually fake
Yep I know this too but after trying different settings I've ended to dri 5 which feels best to me. When drifting/counter steering the wheel turns by it self (like in a real car) with dri 5. When set at lower values the wheel needs help unlike real.
also when hotlapping I still like dri 5.

Upvote 0
Yep I know this too but after trying different settings I've ended to dri 5 which feels best to me. When drifting/counter steering the wheel turns by it self (like in a real car) with dri 5. When set at lower values the wheel needs help unlike real.
also when hotlapping I still like dri 5.

Fair enough, that's why they offer the tuning menu so you can adjust it for your preference. I just feel like Drift 4 and 5 feels so assisted that its unnatural to me. I really liked Drift 2 and 3 depending on the game.

Upvote 0
im considdring this

http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels/porsche-911-gt3-rs-v2-wheel-eu.html
as I feel let down by my 24 hour old TX 2 issues and I feel the "good when it works" phrase goes for thrustmaster too, only logitech doesn't deserve this moto imo.

so whats the wait for these wheels it says available 16 jan.?!

As much as I'd love to sympathize with you on your "issue" with Thrustmaster, you didn't use the correct power cable and you used a power adapter. Who knows that problem that may have caused? If you feel better about going with Fantec, go for it, but based on what I've seen on this forum from your posts, you complain a lot about everything and seem to criticize everything, whether its a game or hardware it seems. You're seem to be sort of new to sim racing and have a hard time understating the technical side of setting up the hardware and the software.

The Fanatec CSR Elites are good pedals, the standard CSR pedals, not so much. Maybe you should just go with a G27 and be done with it.

Upvote 0
because thrustmaster are incapable of supplying the correct bloody cables to the suppliers they use.lol

My supplier said to send back and that's what I will do, however its not like im the only one with TM trust issues lol..

Theyre French,, hhmm have you seen Renault Peugeot build quality, explains a lot! well American founder... but still the same

Upvote 0
because thrustmaster are incapable of supplying the correct bloody cables to the suppliers they use.lol

My supplier said to send back and that's what I will do, however its not like im the only one with TM trust issues lol..

Theyre French,, hhmm have you seen Renault Peugeot build quality, explains a lot! well American founder... but still the same

You should have sent it back immediately instead of trying to use an adapter if you were unsure if the adapter would work. I don't know which retailer you chose to use but you should returned it immediately when you realized it was the wrong cable and asked for a proper replacement before blaming Thrustmaster for a "faulty" product. The product may not have been faulty at all but using a third party power adapter could have killed the wheel. How do you ever know your wheel wasn't a refurb or return? Amazon was a safe bet, you would have been fine with Amazon. Hate to keep preaching it but whenever you're taking a risk on a product as you feel you did, go with Amazon and your bases will always be covered.

Upvote 0
My CSWv2 beta is still going strong for 5 months now.

Never had any issue with it. Besides the bolts of the hub being loose the very first day, the base has been flawless.

The base is super strong and fast, the FFB effects still feel as clear and crisp as they did the first day.

Fanatec has an excellent choice of different rims and i love every one of them.

I always use the special bolt to secure the quick release of the rim to the base. Without the bolt there is always some play on the QR, eventhough this is minimal i only settle for zero play.This makes the wheel much more silent. The bolt also gives a better and more direct force feedback because nothing is lost in the connection between the rim and the wheelbase. It only take about 10 extra seconds.

I have total confidence in the reliabilty of my CSWv2 base, i sold my CSWv2 backup months ago.

Very much looking forward to the XB1 rim (which will be my 5th rim, i check the fanatec site every day).
The wait is long, but it worth it. :) Hope we will get PS4 confirmation soon.

No doubt the accuforce wheel be stronger, faster ect ect, but the CSWv2 has more power available than i ever need. It already reaches the limit of what my shoulders can handle. This is with "FORCE" set to 100%, but there is still room to increase the force to 150% in the tuning menu.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good point, I think that I have spent on order from Fanatec I have rocked up the cost of the accuforce with out import into the UK but I can't wait to get my hands on the Fanatec gear, raced iracing with my handheld and by christ i was shite:poop: !! more about staying out of everyones way and just race your own race, amazing how much your race wheel gives you seconds on your lap !

I am happy with my choice :).

Upvote 0
are the GT2/3 good wheels, I know people rave about the TX, but im currently sending one back due to wrong power supply.., and how is the FFB compared.. Theyre both belt driven. I suppose the weight of the Porsche wheel dampens the ffb some what.

Must admit didn't like the stock pedals on the TX, they were to strong for the weight of the base, so I had right foot holding down the base while braking.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing