Fanatec V2 wheel your thoughts

Hi just need some info on the new Fanatec v2 wheel
Looking at getting the v2:)
Not that there is anything wrong with our trusty T500:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Have heard good things about the next version wheel from fanatec
Hows the feedback?
Which wheel you prefer?
Wheel settings?
;)
Doh should have posted this on the hardware site :confused:

Last edited:
@Brian McManus, a good power supply is an investment. When you buy a high quality power supply it will last you for a 5+ years and through many upgrades. Buy a quality power supply made by Seasonic or Corsair and you can use that power supply for years to come no matter how many times you upgrade your PC. I've been running Seasonic and Corsair for years without issue. Corsair does have some lower end series but as long as you're buying one of their higher end models you'll be fine. I highly recommend the Seasonic X series, proven reliability and efficiency.

Upvote 0
Unlucky mate ! :mad: and it sounds like it was going so well !?

Brian are you playing this on a full rig setup !? I only ask as I am researching elements and I think I have sourced off the shelf bits and bobs from various manufacturers to build a setup myself.

Cheers :)

Upvote 0
I was then sent a replacement which is doing this
This has been sent back for repair. Still waiting for response on weather it will be fixed or replaced.

If the next wheel fails I will then ask for a refund and go for the SimXperience Accuforce wheel.

Upvote 0
@Kevin Cox

Sorry to hear that man, I saw your video posted at the GTP or iRacing forum, can't remember which one, but didn't know it was you. I was pretty bothered since I just recently sent mine back for repair after 11 days of use and I'm concerned it might not last long when I get it back. I just don't understand these wheels, they look like they're engineered to perfection when you look at them, everything feels solid, tight, all aluminum construction yet they just don't seem to hold up while cheaper Thrustmaster plastic wheels hold up considerably better. I've already made up my mind I'm buying an Accuforce wheel later this month and my Fanatec CSW v2 will become my console wheel.

Upvote 0
Guys,

I need help, a friend of mine got one V2 and he just told me that the Base will not see any wheel attached anymore. He was racing and suddenly the ffb stop and all the leds of his BMW rim went out. He already tried 2 other rims and the base is not seeing any wheel attached. He already sent an email to Fanatec but didnt get any response until now.

Does anyone know what is happening?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Reading about all the problems others have experienced with their Fanatec products, I really can't believe I've never had a single issue that wasn't completely of my own doing, and even those have been minor hiccups.

After buying my first wheel & pedals, a CSR-E + CSP V1 setup, in January 2012, solely for use with Forza 3, I was looking to PC racing within months, mostly because of my desire for a CSW V1 with BMW M3 GT2 rim.

During Summer 2013, I made the switch. Built a PC, bought an Obutto R3volution, finally got my hands on the CSW V1, and upgraded to the CSP V2 as well. I later added the CSS shifter, Universal Hub (for a Sparco P310), and Porsche 918 RSR rim.

A month or so ago, my CSW V2 arrived.

All those Fanatec products, and I've never had to RMA any of them. Crazier still, I'm one of those for whom these sorts of purchases etc. never end well.

So how do I show Fanatec my undying gratitude?

After noticing that not only must prospective CSW V2 owners wait until May, at the earliest, for delivery of their pre-orders, I realized that CSW V1s weren't even available for purchase. Same deal with the CSS shifters.

On a lark, I listed my CSW V2 and CSS Shifter V1 (H-only) on eBay a few days ago, with ludicrously high starting prices ($900 and $250, respectively), figuring I'd either sell them for ridiculous money, or simply continue using them without even unplugging anything. I wouldn't even have to pay eBay listing fees.

So what happened?

My CSS Shifter sold for $310, after a 3 day auction, to a very quick gentleman from Finland. After discussing our mutual sim racing interests, he's now helping me with my driving technique in Assetto Corsa and iRacing.

With 6 hrs. left, my CSW V2 is at $920. Although that is already substantial, I'm feverishly hoping for a last minute bidding war, all the while pretending to chastise myself for being greedy.

Finally, I ask myself what wheel I should now invest in, and after some thought I realize that I really shouldn't push my luck with Fanatec. It's been a great run, but part of me knows, my next V2 would somehow blow up in my face. After all, as I said earlier, I'm always the unlucky guy in these situations.

Accuforce, here we come!

Henk

P.S. - If it's any consolation for "Terrible" Tommy Jackermaier, while dancing with the "girl whut brung me" (my CSW V1) for the interim, I'll be waiting, with baited breath, for the Germaneering Gods to take a dump on my head.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years