Fanatec V 2.5 in comparison to...

Hi folks,
a week ago my trusty G25 died on me. So did my grandma and my lady told me to give myself a treat. So I decided to blow my small heritage on som Fanatec stuff so I can race again. Now I´m wondering how the wheel base V2.5 that i bought will be any different from my old wheel, and since the reviews on Youtube give me no Info on that I hope somebody on here could give an idea about this topic, because I cannot wait for half a month till the wheel arrives. Oh, and I bought the Formula steering rim (not the carbon one).

Cheers

Hi!

I come from a G27 to the v2.5, and I must say, the level of detail, the speed of the wheel, the customization, everything is miles ahead of the logitech.

Just for comparison, I used the force just up to 30% in the base, and that clearly is as strong if not stronger than the G27 was.

I'm super happy! You will be too!

Upvote 0
Hi!

I come from a G27 to the v2.5, and I must say, the level of detail, the speed of the wheel, the customization, everything is miles ahead of the logitech.

Just for comparison, I used the force just up to 30% in the base, and that clearly is as strong if not stronger than the G27 was.

I'm super happy! You will be too!

Now that sounds lovely. I really hesitated ordering one since the base and a wheel + clamp will cost around 900 €uros. There are more reasonable things I could buy with this, but in this case I listened to my wife and decided to give myself a treat :cool:. I hope it´s worth the money. And I hope my CS Pedals V1 don´t break next.

Upvote 0
You will be happy! Coming from the G25 this will be another league, like school football vs the Champions league :D

I bought the same combo but I got the pedals v3 cause i didn't have any, it is great, the formula rim black is quite a remarkably piece, the carbon is the same wheel with a carbon face and some different color buttons.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 217114

Make sure if you own a rig where the G25 was good enough.. You upgrade to a better rig with no flex, no shaking and all that.

A normal wheel stand will drive you nuts, and probably a GT Omega cockpit or anything other like that with a KB tray attached on the base too.

The only thing that probably would keep you sane cause of the kb+mouse flying everywhere is either a 80/20 or a standalone tray. :p

Still have this GT Omega Pro Supreme but with a CSW 2.5 onnit. I see it's shortcoming, like kb-tray shaking madly, some flex here and there, and some analoge handbrake flex.

So you probably want to upgrade your rig too if you have one.

Upvote 0
Make sure if you own a rig where the G25 was good enough.. You upgrade to a better rig with no flex, no shaking and all that.

A normal wheel stand will drive you nuts, and probably a GT Omega cockpit or anything other like that with a KB tray attached on the base too.

The only thing that probably would keep you sane cause of the kb+mouse flying everywhere is either a 80/20 or a standalone tray. :p

Still have this GT Omega Pro Supreme but with a CSW 2.5 onnit. I see it's shortcoming, like kb-tray shaking madly, some flex here and there, and some analoge handbrake flex.

So you probably want to upgrade your rig too if you have one.

My rig survived 2 world wars and is called "table". Fanatec wants so much money that I cannot afford anything more modern. At least I hope that the table clamp will be strong enough. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 217114

Only thing I could think of is your monitor(s) will shake like mad :p

Upvote 0
IMO the table clamp induces a Lot of un wanted flex. Just because the Commercial guys want 100's if not 1000's for their Rigs, Doesn't mean you cant build a Deathmobile outta lumber for under 100$ or so.

A Rig VS a Desk is a Whole new ball game. The old lady and G'ma treated you first, Now its time to treat yourself with a nice new rig build. ;);)

Upvote 0
I have mine bolted to a GT omega, the mouse and keyboard did go flying when I first ran the FFB test. I can leave the keyboard on the tray during normal play but not the mouse. I have to have a separate table for that.

My rig survived 2 world wars and is called "table". Fanatec wants so much money that I cannot afford anything more modern. At least I hope that the table clamp will be strong enough. What do you guys think?
I don't think a table clamp will work. there's just too much force going through the wheel, I don't think any clamp would be up to the job. You should come up with a way to bolt it down.

Upvote 0
One would´ve thought that FANATEC should know what they are sellling https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-stands-table-clamps/clubsport-table-clamp-v2-eu.html
They're selling a clamp, it looks like a pretty good clamp, but I don't think any clamp will be good enough. It might be I just know coming from the fanatec forza wheel that had a inbuilt clamp and moving to a sim rig it was a massive improvement. Now, the clamp on the fanatec forza wheel was terrible. The amount of times I pulled it off the table mid race isn't funny, unless you're someone other than me. But the clamp would move and twist a lot and I'd end up contorted and constantly trying to readjust it never being happy.

If damaging the table isn't an issue and you can get it really tight it might not be too bad. I used to use bits of yoga mat on mine and it reduced slippage. If damaging the table isn't an issue you could drill holes and work out some quick release pins.

Upvote 0
I made a complete rig myself, cost me almost nothing, and it STILL shakes when things get crazy (i you go out to a wall or you slide and the wheel gets to the maximum turn angle etc).

3EA1395F-4788-47CC-8268-260E040033C7_zpsjfzlcnwq.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have mine bolted to a GT omega, the mouse and keyboard did go flying when I first ran the FFB test. I can leave the keyboard on the tray during normal play but not the mouse. I have to have a separate table for that.

I put some velcro down to hold the keyboard in place and keep it from rattling, worked great. I also have a separate stand for the mouse.

I don't think a table clamp will work. there's just too much force going through the wheel, I don't think any clamp would be up to the job. You should come up with a way to bolt it down.

That Fanatec wheel clamp is a solid bit of kit, the thing weighs about 8-10 pounds by itself and I'm pretty sure the whole thing is made out of steel (or something similar). I used one for years and other than the annoying bolts sticking down between my knees I never had any problems with it. If you angle it a bit there is some slight flex but if you leave it flat it's pretty much as sturdy as being hard mounted to a rig.

Upvote 0
Yesterday I got a Wheel Update and a Motor Update for the Fanatec v2.5, I don't know if that was planned or something went woky, I guess is the same everything but the update appeared...

Upvote 0
Okay, wheel is here, installed and "tested" (sorta). The table clamp is really worth its money. Its sturdy as old German machinery. It´s almost as heavy as the wheelbase itself. But I will need to build a racing rig. Pushing my pedals pushes me away from my desk and everything is at the wrong place, meaning its not perfect. And I need "perfect" to make it to the top 3 of a race again.

Now the wheel. I have to find a proper setup for Assetto Corsa. There are so many setup possibilities and right now I don´t understand the difference between "FF" and "FOR", to me its the same and the manual doesn´t really help. The quality is top notch, everything feels so fantastic, no faults. The material quality is flawless and the way they put everything together really leaves nothing to ask for.
The FFB I cannot evaluate since I don´t know what the game does and what the wheel does, but so far I would say that the simulation needs to step up since there are several shortcomings I already felt with my old G25 (like the pendulum body roll almost all these games have). Even modern production cars don´t give you that wonkyness these days. Imagine you countersteering after the car broke loose to one side. It´s like as if the back end of the car swings very softly and delayed, like a boat. In real cars everything in the steering should feel direct, at least more direct than this (its like there is a lag between what happens with the car and what happens in the steering column). I don´t know if it is that the developers tried to translate your "buttmeter" into the FFB (that would be wrong) or if it´s something else. AT least you should only feel what is happening on the front axis. At least this is how I feel it on the real Nordschleife.
It was the case with GTR Evolution but one could change that in the RCS-File. You were able to I don´t know how Kunos handle this.

Upvote 0
I haven't experienced the pendulum effect you mention.

Out of the box my clubsport was set to 100% dampening, I turned that way down to something like 30%, it makes the wheel much lighter. I also increased the drift setting. This makes the wheel feel lighter and faster without affecting the FFB.

FF is just the overall force feedback, FOR sounds like some fancy way of modifying the FFB coming from the game, probably not worth messing with unless you know for sure what it does.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing