Fanatec: The Most Poorly Run Business EVER.

From the title, I am sure you can figure out I am having problems with Fanatec. That is an understatement.

On Nov. 5th I ordered my GT3RS V2 and CSP's. They got to me on the 10th. I hooked everything up and the wheel was completely broken. It could not be used at all. Upon further inspection, the steering shaft was broken. After complete hell trying to get in contact with support, Fanatec agreed to ship out a new one.

The replacement arrived on Dec. 1st. Because of a few family issues, I did not have a chance to un-box it and set it up until the 4th. As soon as I did so, I noticed many issues. For starters, a loud high pitch whine when turning against the FFB. This is intolerably loud. Then, when the fans kick on, they also make a very loud whine, plus it sounds like they are hitting up against something. Then to top it all off, when driving in any game, the wheel falls off center anywhere from 10 to 45 degrees. It seems to get worse the more I drive.

Because of this, I contacted Fanatec. I contacted through the proper support, Armin's direct email, and Thomas directly via email. I emailed and emailed and contacted, even attempted to call during their 2 hours of phone time. No response. I spoke to Brian Clancy to see if he could get in contact with them numerous times, still no response. Then, just a few days ago, Remi (Remco) on NoGrip saw my complaints and contacted them for me.

Armin emailed me JANUARY 18TH finally saying this:
Have you ever opened the wheel? The fans and the positioning sensor are easy to find, easy to check and easy to replace if there is a problem. The noise is hard to identify by text but all over it sounds like a combination of these little problems which result in a definite issue.

I replied with:
After already receiving one replacement, it is unreasonable to expect me to repair the wheel myself, and/or have to wait for a 2nd replacement wheel. I have been without a working wheel for months now.

I expect a complete refund.

Now, today, I receive another response from Armin...
After this long time since the original shipment a full refund will not be possible. But if you agree to send the defective wheels to our support agent in the US on your cost I will try to get a refund of your full order price. Of course he could also repair the wheel on our cost.

At this point, I am baffled by the complete disregard for proper business practice. I have been attempting to make contact for over a month about a broken REPLACEMENT wheel, and Armin says it has been too long to complete a refund. This is only because HE WOULD NOT RESPOND.

I do not know where to go from here. I have two broken wheels. One completely unusable and the other just barely. I will not pay to ship broken wheels to them to be looked at. I payed for working products.

If I do not get a refund after this huge mess, I intend to stir up all hell. If this does not get sorted, I cannot race in the leagues I am signed up for here.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%