Fanatec Substitutes

All,

Recently my Fanatec CSW 2.5, SQ Shifter, and Universal Hub have failed and are currently with Fanatec Repair in which they have not even looked at the devices yet per my last communication with them. Given the virus and possibly a skeleton crew, I get it.

Good thing is the V3 pedals still work!

Anyway to my point, what other manufacturers are as good, if not better than Fanatec peripherals? and those that will work with AC and ACC. I don't even know where to begin in my search for possible replacements. Of course I am not looking to break the bank for new peripherals either.

Thank you.

Not wanting to break the bank is tough. I don't think Thrustmaster is particularly reputable for having no failures. I've heard of T300 wheel bases failing, but other people have had no issues for years.
But still, the only alternative that's not more expensive than Fanatec is TM.
Maybe a TS-PC Racer?
But if you're willing to spend $1000, the Accuforce V2 comes with a wheel and button plate and I've personally never heard of one failing.
Beyond that, it's hard to say. The Simucube is certainly not cheap so I can't recommend it unless you're okay spending $1300 before a wheel/button plate. OSW Kit is possible, I've seen some on Facebook for $800 with a Fanatec converted wheel thrown in. Those are built with industrial grade components so their failure is highly unlikely, especially the motor or power supply if it's Meanwell.

How much do you want to spend?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back