Fanatec shifter v1.5

Hi

I have an issue where by if I am using the shifter in sequential mode the switch gradually creeps to a position where it changes mid race to h pattern mode. There is a fair amount of force applied when changing gear and the unit does vibrate but even so the switch should not change position when I am using it.

Anyone else had this problem?

Note: only had it a few months and haven’t used it enough in H pattern mode to know if there is the same issue - I presume there would be

Sounds like something is loose. Have you got to switch all the way to the sequential side? It would be impossible for mine to move. It's tough to move with my fingers.

Upvote 0
Sounds like something is loose. Have you got to switch all the way to the sequential side? It would be impossible for mine to move. It's tough to move with my fingers.
Yeah, same here.
If you need a quick fix then I guess a blob of blu-tac jammed over it should keep it in place.

Upvote 0
The wire that connects to the terminal is pretty weak, as in the connection seems to be weak. I had to open mine up and play with it as I had a similar issue. I think it's soldered on but mine must have come loose, maybe through fiddling with it for something else, maybe lubrication? These things tend to need it if you use H pattern a fair bit. Mine did anyway. It's right at the bottom of the unit, the switch used to change modes is robust as hell but the wire inside sending the signal is not as strong, unfortunately. Or, unexpectedly, as some might suggest....

Upvote 0
The wire that connects to the terminal is pretty weak, as in the connection seems to be weak. I had to open mine up and play with it as I had a similar issue. I think it's soldered on but mine must have come loose, maybe through fiddling with it for something else, maybe lubrication? These things tend to need it if you use H pattern a fair bit. Mine did anyway. It's right at the bottom of the unit, the switch used to change modes is robust as hell but the wire inside sending the signal is not as strong, unfortunately. Or, unexpectedly, as some might suggest....
very true anton , i have had trouble with that wiring several times ,pain in the a-- to tell you the truth , fanatec blah

Upvote 0
Thanks guys

raised a ticket with Fanatec and it seems that if i push the button on both sides at the same time it solves the problem and locks into place. not sure if you chaps have to push both sides at once?

Upvote 0
Thanks guys

raised a ticket with Fanatec and it seems that if i push the button on both sides at the same time it solves the problem and locks into place. not sure if you chaps have to push both sides at once?
Due to the way my shifter is mounted only one side is exposed, so I can only operate it from one side anyway. It works fine like this.

Upvote 0
I've had my mode-selector move but, am using it on a motion rig. However, I cannot access the right-side of the shifter due to having the hand-brake mounted there. At some point, I'd like to upgrade to the New HE-shifter (Combined Seq+H-pattern + HE Hand-brake).

Upvote 0
Last time (three months ago) I wrote them with the question if it would become available soon.
They honestly told me not to expect it in the coming months but that it is still being worked on.
(That's why I bought the shhshifter in the meantime)
I'm sure they deliver again top notch quality. A certain buy for me.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back