Fanatec Rim Options

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
I am currently weighing up my upgrade options from a G29. I bought the Fanatec V3 pedals earlier this year, so I am looking for just a rim and wheelbase.

Whilst a Clubsport V2.5 would be nice, I don't think it is worth the extra over a CSL elite. So I am going to go with the latter.

I am struggling though to decide on a wheel. I have narrowed it down to:

Formula V2. Cheaper than the other options, and has loads of buttons (although I already have three DIY button boxes). I am wondering whether to go even cheaper and go for the formula carbon - any thoughts on this wheel compared to the Formula V2? It's a £50 difference in price.

Either an Alcantara GT wheel or the gorgeous red clubsport steering wheel flat 2. Both of these need a universal hub, and they work out £30 more expensive than the formula v2 (or £80 more expensive than the Formula carbon). I drive mostly GTs, LMPs and occasional classic stuff, so these would be in keeping, but I am not sure they are worth the extra money over a formula type rim.

The other option is the BMW rim, which comes in at the same price as the formula carbon.

I wondered if anyone who owns these rims could give me your opinions? I do like that flat red rim a lot as it is so different, but I don't know if I am just being swayed by "ooo, shiny!" type feelings!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back