Fanatec Quality

Hi!

I just need to get some air out of my chest about Fanatec, i have been a simulator gamer for almost 8 year, i got hooked as soon as i got the money to get myself a decent wheel, the Logitech G25 and since, i have been playing simulators on and off, i'm not particulary fast, but i love the concept of simracing. This year i have been starting to get myself som decent gear, and the first choice was Fanatec, i had heard so many things about them, good things.

Now to my experience.
Since i was kinda short on money, and wanted to confirm the buzz about Fanatecs quality, i got myself a second hand used ClubSport Pedals (V1), i read about the difference with V1 and V2 and it looked great for what i need, a good way in to more advanced sim racing gear.

The guy that i bought it from, a nice honest swede that i know trough a community had replaced the pressure sensor, wich is the most common thing that got broken is glitching like a damn tornado, if i have full brake or half brake, it can jump up and down and wont stay calibrated, The hall sensor on the clutch was the first thing to just stop working. I'm quite the handyman myself and i'm good with electronics, so i started to troubleshoot it, and it's the sensor that is dead, 100% dead, just from nowhere, it had worked flawless for the previous owner all the time. And yeah fine, the pedals doesnt have any warranty, and yeah fine it's the V1, But first of all, the hall sensor is expensive, and even funnier, the shipping for the sensor are even more expensive.

I don't know if i had used them wrong, but i have used the throttle like i did on the G25, press my foot down, because thats how to throttle, same with the clutch etc.

Then to the sad thing, i contacted the support via chat (Great thing tbh for a guy living in Sweden) but just got rejected, asked questions and guidance for troubleshooting, rejected, and then i started talking about European Consumer Law (Basicly a law claiming that a product should work for at least 3 years) , rejected. I got the orginal reciept for the pedals, i'm willing to buy spare parts, but i can't in anyway pay more for shipping a small cheap sensor, than the sensor itself.

So now im stuck here with my Clubsport Pedals, with a working Throttle and a half working brake, even tough the brakesensor is newly replaced.

And to just clear out all questions, i have tried EVERYTHING to get them working, and the only thing left is to start replacing parts, parts that are cheap to buy in, they sell them quite expensive, and got a huge shipping price to. I'm sorry that i can't get you any links to the spare part, but the homepage doesnt work to good either to be honest (Yes i've tried multiple browsers).

I just wanted to let you guys know.

Take Care, and this is my first thread on this forum, hope to start a good discussion about this, or maybe Fanatec can answer, i don't know.

P.S Ignore my shitty grammar for tonight, im tired.
D.S I just read something about Fanatec prices going up, thats really sad to (Not their fault).
// Dissapointed Sim-Racing Fan.

If I had it over I would skip my CSR V2 US purchase. I have had these pedals for less than a year with moderate to more likely light use (under an hour a week). In the last month I get a digital jitter in the accelerator making it impossible to use the pedals. I go online to see if others have had the same problem and others have. I then go to Fanatec's support site and look up their diagnostics pages. I follow them and find out it's the Hall Sensor. This effort took about 2 hours. I contact a Fanatec support person and they say they want a video to prove the issue. I told them I don't want to spend another hour reassembling the part and making a video on a part that I have already removed. If they wanted a video that they should have stated so in their diagnostic instructions. Their suggestion was to RMA the pedals and send them to them. Seriously pack the pedals up and ship them cross the country on what is a $2 part for them?? My alternative is to purchase the sensors for $20 and than pay another $14 for parts that weigh about 2 ounces. I was left with no choice but to do that. I have paid over $1200 to Fanatec over the last 2 years and I told them I was planning on making further purchases, well not anymore. I made my last purchase from Fanatec, and I told them as much.

Upvote 0
If I had it over I would skip my CSR V2 US purchase. I have had these pedals for less than a year with moderate to more likely light use (under an hour a week). In the last month I get a digital jitter in the accelerator making it impossible to use the pedals. I go online to see if others have had the same problem and others have. I then go to Fanatec's support site and look up their diagnostics pages. I follow them and find out it's the Hall Sensor. This effort took about 2 hours. I contact a Fanatec support person and they say they want a video to prove the issue. I told them I don't want to spend another hour reassembling the part and making a video on a part that I have already removed. If they wanted a video that they should have stated so in their diagnostic instructions. Their suggestion was to RMA the pedals and send them to them. Seriously pack the pedals up and ship them cross the country on what is a $2 part for them?? My alternative is to purchase the sensors for $20 and than pay another $14 for parts that weigh about 2 ounces. I was left with no choice but to do that. I have paid over $1200 to Fanatec over the last 2 years and I told them I was planning on making further purchases, well not anymore. I made my last purchase from Fanatec, and I told them as much.

i would have had the same reaction if it was me
for christ sake, crank up the reliability of these things
if logitech can do it
why not fanatec?

Upvote 0
Reliability should be much better at this price. Thing is, I could live with having to replace load cells and hall sensors every now and then if these parts weren't so damn expensive. Extortionate shipping doesn't help either - we are talking about tiny items here. I've bought a number of much bigger items from Germany and shipping was a whole lot less.

Luckily load cells can be sourced from China via eBay for a tiny fraction of the price and replacing them is a simple task. I bought 4 for a few £ delivered. Fanatec want about 5x more for one.

Upvote 0
The parts are not too expensive, but they are definitely making money on the shipping, at least from me. On my V2 CSP's, I had to replace the clutch sensor, then the brake stopped working. I replaced the load cell but that didn't solve things so they said to replace the main pcb. I replaced that, now the pedals finally work properly. It took 3 weeks and $100.
pulling-your-hair-out.png

I'm thinking more and more about those multi-million dollar HPP's.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 312 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years