Fanatec Quality

Hi!

I just need to get some air out of my chest about Fanatec, i have been a simulator gamer for almost 8 year, i got hooked as soon as i got the money to get myself a decent wheel, the Logitech G25 and since, i have been playing simulators on and off, i'm not particulary fast, but i love the concept of simracing. This year i have been starting to get myself som decent gear, and the first choice was Fanatec, i had heard so many things about them, good things.

Now to my experience.
Since i was kinda short on money, and wanted to confirm the buzz about Fanatecs quality, i got myself a second hand used ClubSport Pedals (V1), i read about the difference with V1 and V2 and it looked great for what i need, a good way in to more advanced sim racing gear.

The guy that i bought it from, a nice honest swede that i know trough a community had replaced the pressure sensor, wich is the most common thing that got broken is glitching like a damn tornado, if i have full brake or half brake, it can jump up and down and wont stay calibrated, The hall sensor on the clutch was the first thing to just stop working. I'm quite the handyman myself and i'm good with electronics, so i started to troubleshoot it, and it's the sensor that is dead, 100% dead, just from nowhere, it had worked flawless for the previous owner all the time. And yeah fine, the pedals doesnt have any warranty, and yeah fine it's the V1, But first of all, the hall sensor is expensive, and even funnier, the shipping for the sensor are even more expensive.

I don't know if i had used them wrong, but i have used the throttle like i did on the G25, press my foot down, because thats how to throttle, same with the clutch etc.

Then to the sad thing, i contacted the support via chat (Great thing tbh for a guy living in Sweden) but just got rejected, asked questions and guidance for troubleshooting, rejected, and then i started talking about European Consumer Law (Basicly a law claiming that a product should work for at least 3 years) , rejected. I got the orginal reciept for the pedals, i'm willing to buy spare parts, but i can't in anyway pay more for shipping a small cheap sensor, than the sensor itself.

So now im stuck here with my Clubsport Pedals, with a working Throttle and a half working brake, even tough the brakesensor is newly replaced.

And to just clear out all questions, i have tried EVERYTHING to get them working, and the only thing left is to start replacing parts, parts that are cheap to buy in, they sell them quite expensive, and got a huge shipping price to. I'm sorry that i can't get you any links to the spare part, but the homepage doesnt work to good either to be honest (Yes i've tried multiple browsers).

I just wanted to let you guys know.

Take Care, and this is my first thread on this forum, hope to start a good discussion about this, or maybe Fanatec can answer, i don't know.

P.S Ignore my shitty grammar for tonight, im tired.
D.S I just read something about Fanatec prices going up, thats really sad to (Not their fault).
// Dissapointed Sim-Racing Fan.

It can be hard being a fanatec owner but if you are a lucky one it can be a pleasure.

I must be one of the lucky ones as I have used nothing but fanatec gear now for years and have only had one problem and that turned out to be dust in side the CSW base on the sensor wheel that was a 10 minute fix after help and guidance from the fanatec team, basically you just carefully wipe the disc to remove the dust from the FFB belts that can build up over the years and away you go.

I do know that others have not been so lucky but these days we are spoilt for choice for wheels so if Fanatec gear doesn't work out there's always another option just as good out there.

I hope you get your problems sorted soon though mate.

Jason.

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear your story, such a bummer when simgear stops working :(

If I where you I'd try checking forums around the web on whether anyone has found a cheap spare part for the sensor, most likely you'll be able to order one on ebay, directly from china, for less than just the shipping fanatec is asking.
I don't know for sure that this is the case with these hall sensors, but I know it is for the load cell used in the brake pedal.
Good luck!

Upvote 0
You are not alone.

I have problems with fanatec clubsport wheel base v1 and fanatec clubsport pedal v2. My equipments presented problem with less than 1 year.

I live in Brazil and I'm having great difficulty in getting trigger the guarantee.

My luck wasn't selling the G27. This has never given problem and is much cheaper.

Now I want to buy a DSD pedal and make my Direct Wheel. FANATEC never more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have a secondhand cswv1 from a thrustworthy person
fanatec replaced motors and electronics on it when he drove the wheel
and I also bought a css 1.5 never had any touble with it... yet
but my old g25 won't leave this place as long as i drive fanatec
I know it's prone to failure and it's good to have a backup wheel...

Upvote 0
I am not in any way trying to undermine the problems mentioned by Fanatec owners in this topic but you tend to find that, and I include myself in this, on forums you tend to hear from people having problems a lot more than you hear from people who never have any problems with a piece of hardware.

So for every problem mentioned there could be loads of others who don't post that never have so much as a glitch with their hardware.

So I would not worry to much and start off just enjoying your new pedals.

I find it's handy to be aware of possible problems with hardware before I buy something but I try and balance that out with the many thousands of units that are sold that are problem free.

Jason.

Upvote 0
I am not in any way trying to undermine the problems mentioned by Fanatec owners in this topic but you tend to find that, and I include myself in this, on forums you tend to hear from people having problems a lot more than you hear from people who never have any problems with a piece of hardware.

So for every problem mentioned there could be loads of others who don't post that never have so much as a glitch with their hardware.

So I would not worry to much and start off just enjoying your new pedals.

I find it's handy to be aware of possible problems with hardware before I buy something but I try and balance that out with the many thousands of units that are sold that are problem free.

Jason.
This...
People who don't have problems with their Fanatec equipment are busy using them with a big fat grin on their face rather than posting on forums about how they're not having problems atm. :)

Upvote 0
I have had many fanatec products: 4 pedals set, 7 wheels (or bases).

For me, quality is more or less equivalent to other brands:
- several wheels died (including csw v1) but more or less as my g27 or T500rs did
- But I should say that it is the clubsport pedals (V1 and V2) that I am not really pleased with: for me they look better than they really are both in terms of durability and overall quality. The throttle got loose on all my sets and I am not so pleased with the brake. I had no choice when I was playing Gran Turismo but now that I race on PC, I wiml soon move to something else.

To go back on quality, I disagree with people who blame Fanatec and say they are the worst ever company: this is not true and generally, on the support side, they try to help and acknoledge when you prove that your gears have issues they should not.
On the other hand, the quality and durability of the product itself is not better than Thrustmaster or Logitech.

Upvote 0
But I should say that it is the clubsport pedals (V1 and V2) that I am not really pleased with: for me they look better than they really are both in terms of durability and overall quality.
Definitely agree with this part.

The Clubsport pedals look the part but I have concerns over the quality of the electronics and the number of exposed and fragile looking wires. I've experienced some issues with my V2s, mainly the throttle not reaching 100% sometimes at the start of a session (which can be cleared with a reset). A few friends have had issues with their CSP's too.

Then again I had a CSR wheel until recently which worked flawlessly for a number of years and still does. Fanatec gear is a bit of a lottery from my experience.

Upvote 0
Electronics are of the same quality as other's out there, The fact you can Load up a CSW PCB with Near 2X the voltage as the Stock PSU supplies Proves Fanatec's boards aren't designed by dummies.

Fragile wires, ummm are you storing your pedals upside down ? or whats the problem with the Wires ? Yes re pluggin in the wire from time to time is required, I would say ive done it 2-3 times in the 3 years ive owned my pedals, but Is that really a problem ?

Upvote 0
Well what other options are there for load cell pedals then if fanatec is such a crappy quality? Do they come with a warranty of any type? I bought it with my AMEX so I get 1 extra year of warranty with it.

Upvote 0
Rumours are that ClubSport pedals v3 are on the way, some dude datamined this out of a Fanatec driver:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back