Fanatec Quality

dradecki

10RPM
Mar 25, 2009
If I had it over I would skip my CSR V2 US purchase. I have had these pedals for less than a year with moderate to more likely light use (under an hour a week). In the last month I get a digital jitter in the accelerator making it impossible to use the pedals. I go online to see if others have had the same problem and others have. I then go to Fanatec's support site and look up their diagnostics pages. I follow them and find out it's the Hall Sensor. This effort took about 2 hours. I contact a Fanatec support person and they say they want a video to prove the issue. I told them I don't want to spend another hour reassembling the part and making a video on a part that I have already removed. If they wanted a video that they should have stated so in their diagnostic instructions. Their suggestion was to RMA the pedals and send them to them. Seriously pack the pedals up and ship them cross the country on what is a $2 part for them?? My alternative is to purchase the sensors for $20 and than pay another $14 for parts that weigh about 2 ounces. I was left with no choice but to do that. I have paid over $1200 to Fanatec over the last 2 years and I told them I was planning on making further purchases, well not anymore. I made my last purchase from Fanatec, and I told them as much.

Reactions: James Cook

Tim Meuris

1000RPM
May 13, 2009
If I had it over I would skip my CSR V2 US purchase. I have had these pedals for less than a year with moderate to more likely light use (under an hour a week). In the last month I get a digital jitter in the accelerator making it impossible to use the pedals. I go online to see if others have had the same problem and others have. I then go to Fanatec's support site and look up their diagnostics pages. I follow them and find out it's the Hall Sensor. This effort took about 2 hours. I contact a Fanatec support person and they say they want a video to prove the issue. I told them I don't want to spend another hour reassembling the part and making a video on a part that I have already removed. If they wanted a video that they should have stated so in their diagnostic instructions. Their suggestion was to RMA the pedals and send them to them. Seriously pack the pedals up and ship them cross the country on what is a $2 part for them?? My alternative is to purchase the sensors for $20 and than pay another $14 for parts that weigh about 2 ounces. I was left with no choice but to do that. I have paid over $1200 to Fanatec over the last 2 years and I told them I was planning on making further purchases, well not anymore. I made my last purchase from Fanatec, and I told them as much.
i would have had the same reaction if it was me
for christ sake, crank up the reliability of these things
if logitech can do it
why not fanatec?

James Cook

Marcas fan
Oct 18, 2013
Reliability should be much better at this price. Thing is, I could live with having to replace load cells and hall sensors every now and then if these parts weren't so damn expensive. Extortionate shipping doesn't help either - we are talking about tiny items here. I've bought a number of much bigger items from Germany and shipping was a whole lot less.

Luckily load cells can be sourced from China via eBay for a tiny fraction of the price and replacing them is a simple task. I bought 4 for a few £ delivered. Fanatec want about 5x more for one.

Eric Rowland

500RPM
Sep 21, 2008
The parts are not too expensive, but they are definitely making money on the shipping, at least from me. On my V2 CSP's, I had to replace the clutch sensor, then the brake stopped working. I replaced the load cell but that didn't solve things so they said to replace the main pcb. I replaced that, now the pedals finally work properly. It took 3 weeks and $100.

I'm thinking more and more about those multi-million dollar HPP's.