Fanatec Porsche Wheels?

Are they any good? Better than G27? I`m ordering a set of the CSR Elite pedals to replace the oh-so-plastic ones attached to my DFGT, but wondered whether I should go for one of the wheels as well. Unfortunately there`s no way I can afford the Clubsport wheelbase, but one of the Porsche wheels would be OK.

It's a good wheel, on par with the G27 but a little better in my opinion. Not drastically different than the DFGT other than being quiet and smooth. The CSR Elites are light years better, just be aware that it takes a little while for the brake pedal to wear in so it will be very stiff at first. After a week or two it should feel really nice.

It's a good wheel, on par with the G27 but a little better in my opinion. Not drastically different than the DFGT other than being quiet and smooth. The CSR Elites are light years better, just be aware that it takes a little while for the brake pedal to wear in so it will be very stiff at first. After a week or two it should feel really nice.

Thanks for your input

I have the Porsche GT3 v2 wheel, its very quiet(belt driven) & comfortable to use(feels really good in hand). For me FFB wasn't the strongest, I now use a Thrustmaster TX, blows it away for FFB and precision in my humble opinion :)
*Edit* I also have the Elite pedal set, they are fantastic!

I'm considering upgrading to a Thrustmaster, are they really a big step up from the GT3? And you can still use the Elite pedals with a Thrustmaster, correct? I'd love a CSW but they are far too expensive. I was planning to get the CSS SQ as my CSR shifter is about to bite the dust, but I think upgrading the wheel would be a wiser investment as my GT3 is starting to show it's age.

Well, for me the Thrustmaster TX was an upgrade, superb FFB & precision compared to the GT3, but, the TX looks & feels a bit plasticy, some say "toy" like, but again it has alot of useful buttons on it. Don't get me wrong though I do like the GT3 wheel :thumbsup:
see this RD review
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/review-thrustmaster-tx-wheel-system.97835/

and here
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...heel-ferrari-458-italia-edition-review.80000/

And yes, you can use the Fanatec Elite pedals no problem with a Thrustmaster wheel(uses its own USB port).

I had g27, upgraded to a gt3 rs there was only 2 things I liked about it. The fancy alcantara wrap and the quietness of it other than that I much prefered the g27 and wish I had of saved the money and modded the g27 insteam.
The gt3 was heavy, slow in reaction which resulted in numb ffb effects.
I upgraded this summer to a thrustmaster tx with gte rim and it is hands down a class above both of those wheels with percise strong ffb at an affordable price point. I have the Fanatec csr elite pedals and they work fine plugged into the pc separately.

Have them both and i prefer the gt3. Larger diameter, with alcantara, it is quieter, smoother (belt driven), you can change the settings on the fly (without exit the game or sim). You can save 5 profiles on the wheel. The force feedback is strong enough for me. I recommend

I love(d) my trusty old GT3, in some ways I preferred it over the T300 but I have to admit that the speed and strength of the Thrustmaster wheel is on another planet.
If you can live with the rim that the Thrustmaster wheel comes with, it's for sure a better choice, I could not though. I chose to return mine, since I could not stand the T300 rim (basically the same as the Ferrari GTE rim) I would have to mod it with a custom wheel, some wheel plate for buttons and paddle shifters etc etc and when I started doing the maths I realised that I was approaching the cost of a CSW v2 with the formula rim, so I decided to return it and spend the extra cash on getting the CSW, cos in the end, I knew that no matter how much I modded my T300 I would still wish I had a CSW :p

Edit: Oh and this is kind of the wrong forum for this thread, you'd get better exposure by putting it in the Sim Racing Hardware forum where it belongs, besides if you head there you'll find a fair few threads on these wheels already, a couple of which @PaulH linked you to earlier. :)

I've never noticed any issues with my T300 rim? I have a T500 rim too which is slightly bigger than the T300 rim but I find myself using the T300 rim more often because it's buttons feel nicer. I've had DFGT, G27, GT3 RS V2, and the T300 and I think the T300 is probably my favorite of the four.

I've never noticed any issues with my T300 rim? I have a T500 rim too which is slightly bigger than the T300 rim but I find myself using the T300 rim more often because it's buttons feel nicer. I've had DFGT, G27, GT3 RS V2, and the T300 and I think the T300 is probably my favorite of the four.
Not an issue with it per se, I just didn't like it.
The rubber made it feel cheap compared to the GT3 alcantara, could prob live with that though if it didn't become sticky in my hands after running for a lil while, but then again I'm sensitive to just that, I really hate getting my hands sticky, dirty is fine, not afraid of handling a wrench, but greasy and sticky, I'm one of those you'll find eating chicken with a fork and knife and I hate most hand/sun creams because it's sticky. :p
Also, it was too small for my liking, to the point where I felt my hands hurting when going full opposite lock.

Not an issue with it per se, I just didn't like it.
The rubber made it feel cheap compared to the GT3 alcantara, could prob live with that though if it didn't become sticky in my hands after running for a lil while, but then again I'm sensitive to just that, I really hate getting my hands sticky, dirty is fine, not afraid of handling a wrench, but greasy and sticky, I'm one of those you'll find eating chicken with a fork and knife and I hate most hand/sun creams because it's sticky. :p
Also, it was too small for my liking, to the point where I felt my hands hurting when going full opposite lock.

I actually like the grip of it, but I do usually wear gloves due to the issues you stated (during longer sessions it can get a bit sweaty/sticky). I thought I would like the alcantara on the GT3 but I ended up not caring for it and felt like it didn't offer very good grip (would slip in my hands a lot after it got a bit worn down). I do wish it was bigger though. But, we all like/want different things and it's nice we now have so many good options to choose from! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Interesting post this. I am a PC and PS4 user and sold my G25 about a year ago. Now ready to re-purchase a wheel and want PS4 and PC compatability. At the moment there only seems to be a couple of Thrustmasters and a couple of Fanatecs. However, the T100 is the cheapest FFB wheel that fits the bill, but I am thinking it may be proper budget end and not that good, though happy to be informed that I am wrong. Annoyingly, there is then a huge price jump to the T300 and T500 wheels with nothing inbetween, I.e. In that G25 kind of price range. However, Fanatec wheels have recently got PS4 support with the Porsche, CSR and a couple of others included.

Now I am just confused as want to spend as little as possible, but also don't want something too cheap and nasty. Is the GT3 RS v2 a good setup? Or is the T300 better? And any comments about the T100?

Cheers!

The T300 is significantly better than the GT3 RS, to the point that I tried my GT3 after having my T300 and I wondered how I ever enjoyed the Fanatec, it felt very mushy and slow.

Have you looked at the Thrustmaster TX? It's the same base as the T300 but with a "cheaper" rim and the overall price is cheaper than the T300. Basically the same quality but for less cash.

I did but I don't think the TX is PS4 compatible.

Ahh, right, it's a Xbone wheel. Well, if your budget can handle it I'd definitely recommend the T300, it's twice the price of the GT3 RS but more than twice the wheel. The GT3 is a decent wheel but it's mounting mechanism is rubbish and puts the wheel at a strange angle (I ended up buying the additional mounting plate which made a huge difference but still wasn't perfect). Plus, it's FFB is slow and mushy and its construction feels a bit flimsy.

With the GT3 you'll have the constant itch to upgrade, with the T300 you'll be very content for many years to come. Plus, if you do get the itch to upgrade the T300 you can get the F1 rim. ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 481 38.9%