good device, driver situation is a bit of a laugh though, I figure they are challenging studio397 UI devs to see if they can have the longest ever "nearly finished" beta in the history of sim racing. Outside of the "known issues" lists that seems to following every beta release its a good bit of kit though. Hope they get the ITM sorted some time. In my case the jolts are quite severe.

• Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the wheel base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving.

Upvote 0
Jeez, that was like an extended advert! No mention of the several well known issues/flaws with this wheel. I've seen some popular youtube channels shill but this was next level.
I'm guessing you were told you can keep the wheel? or you are hoping they will let you after this "review"
Mate. I have had it for about 2 weeks. I'm an average sim racer, not someone who knows all the ins and outs of all the technical stuff. This was my honest view on the product. I'm coming from a CSL Elite to a DD2, I think it's fair to say I am going to be impressed.

Why has everything got to be conspiracy.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 217114

Hej, this is an advert. Only positive things summed up. Nothing bad about failing or broken parts, or the quality control, or the driver-situation, the knocks, and many more. Or even neutral findings. Yep.. this is an sponsored advert.

Edit: A good review has everything covered; bad, mixed, positive. This is not a review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Mate. I have had it for about 2 weeks. I'm an average sim racer, not someone who knows all the ins and outs of all the technical stuff. This was my honest view on the product. I'm coming from a CSL Elite to a DD2, I think it's fair to say I am going to be impressed.

Why has everything got to be conspiracy.
Just giving feedback, everything about this came across as a extended review, even the higher than usual production value and especially the parts where you mocked comments of people critical of DD wheels etc. I think you will get this same feedback from quite a few people.
And in the interest of honesty do you get to keep the wheel base?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Excuse me, is this seat taken? Thanks...I heard this is gonna be a good one...

giphy.gif

Upvote 0
Hej, this is an advert. Only positive things summed up. Nothing bad about failing or broken parts, or the quality control, or the driver-situation, the knocks, and many more. Or even neutral findings. Yep.. this is an sponsored advert.

This wasn't sponsored or an advert. I asked if I could try one. They said yes. Hell, we don't even have an affiliate link.

I haven't had any failing parts, any issues with drivers or knocks so i'm not sure how I am meant to report on that stuff I haven't experienced.

Upvote 0
Just giving feedback, everything about this came across as a extended review, even the higher than usual production value and especially the parts where you mocked comments of people critical of DD wheels etc. I think you will get this same feedback from quite a few people.
And in the interest of honest do you get to keep the wheel base?
I'm grateful for the feedback, thanks for taking the time to comment.

Upvote 0
This wasn't sponsored or an advert. I asked if I could try one. They said yes. Hell, we don't even have an affiliate link.

I haven't had any failing parts, any issues with drivers or knocks so i'm not sure how I am meant to report on that stuff I haven't experienced.

Read the driver release pages, a lot of unhappy people.. and you only find these if you start digging around after wondering why you wheel is flaky.

these bugs have been in the ecosystem forever, and the reply is always "well, dont use it", beyond the ITM issues, if you ever get the "notchy" feel like you are using a knackered logitech g25, do the recommendation by manufacturer to simply delete wheel calibration data aswell, the anger is not about the quality, its about the fact that the manufacturer keeps farting out drivers that dont fix things or add value, and the last half dozen drivers simply have footnotes to the tune of "ya, we know its broken, deal with it"

Upvote 0
And in the interest of honesty do you get to keep the wheel base?
Sorry missed the bit about keeping the wheel base. No, I don't own this and i'm just waiting to see if we can try the BMW wheel before sending on.

Upvote 0
Yes, I too thought the review was somewhat thin (did not learn anything new) :( . That being said I guess I have been fortunate (Purchased DD2 07/19 - have approx 1400hrs plus on it), as I have had no issues with it so far :thumbsup:. Come think of it, I have no issues with any of my Fanatec Gear (Just lucky????) :):)
P.S. I only drive 16-22 hrs a week (retired ... have the time) :D
Sidenote: still on PC Driver 356 WB Firmware 670 WB Motor 38 ... Since I have not purchased F1v2, Porche Endurance Rim nor do I use Fanalabs. I am happy with Streamdeck/DSD Box/Simhub dash/overlays

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry missed the bit about keeping the wheel base. No, I don't own this and i'm just waiting to see if we can try the BMW wheel before sending on.

No, you're not just waiting, you've gone silent, hoping that Fanatec forget about it. In fact if I was in your position I wouldn't be pushing for the BMW wheel lest Fanatec remember there's an expensive of their stock currently residing with you ;)

Upvote 0
Personally, found this enjoyable to watch, a fun intro, well-shot video too.
Laidback approach, relaxed and it all appeared honest and genuine to me.

What became clear is the extra detail and immersion these offer. That once you go with a DD wheel it's hard to go back to something else. The question remains and maybe will be answered in a future video if the CSL gets replaced with a Fanatec DD or another brand?

I am confident, had there been issues with installing, drivers or malfunction then it would have been mentioned.

So many reviews go into the technical specs but I want to hear about the emotion it conveys the excitement the user had for it and then if the product lived up to its expectations for the user.

Thanks for this video, now if only Fanatec would offer PS5 compatibility on all their DD wheelbases. Some will not want the blue rim and blue carbon look, we need more options for GT7 and PC usage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally, found this enjoyable to watch, a fun intro, well-shot video too.
Laidback approach, relaxed and it all appeared honest and genuine to me.

What became clear is the extra detail and immersion these offer. That once you go with a DD wheel it's hard to go back to something else. The question remains and maybe will be answered in a future video if the CSL gets replaced with a Fanatec DD or another brand?

I am confident, had there been issues with installing, drivers or malfunction then it would have been mentioned.

So many reviews go into the technical specs but I want to hear about the emotion it conveys the excitement the user had for it and then if the product lived up to its expectations for the user.

Thanks for this video, now if only Fanatec would offer PS5 compatibility on all their DD wheelbases. Some will not want the blue rim and blue carbon look, we need more options for GT7 and PC usage.
Thanks. That's what I was aiming for. This is only my second review so I'm sure I'm not the best out there but I thought I'd focus on what I know and that's how it made me feel.

Upvote 0
Thanks. That's what I was aiming for. This is only my second review so I'm sure I'm not the best out there but I thought I'd focus on what I know and that's how it made me feel.

I find some leading review channels a bit dry and robotic, not much emotion or sense of excitement from them. In this, we could see what it meant for you to finally get to properly try one out. That was well conveyed in the intro and I had to laugh at your humor at some of the cutaways relating to people's comments or how serious they get with sim aspects.

You did an excellent job, sorry you liked the wheel, sorry it has to go back and sorry you get aggro for sharing with us something you are passionate about and enjoy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%