Fanatec Podium Porche wheel issues

I hope someone can help me out, I already created a ticket but Fanatec support is not responding at all.......................

I have a fanatec podium and purchaced the Porche wheel gt3. Part of the installation procedure is:

1-Update driver to 356 after the update everything still works.

2-Update the firmware to 670 after the update everything still works.

3-Update wheel motor from 30 to V38. After the firmware update the Podium is bricked and doesnt respond to anything. The power button isnt even working. Restarting by disconnecting the power cord is the only option. When booting the podium is stuck again.

The only solution at that moment is to install the 346 driver and boot the podium into recovery mode and flash the old firmware back.

The Porche wheel and button module are recognized and working untill I install the motor firmware v38

Hi

If you haven't already, I would suggest heading over to the fanatec forum on their website and looking at their section for Beta drivers, as there are a number of posts (from users not fanatec themselves) who have had similar problems. You will also find guides from users that will take you through the driver and firmware update process in some detail.

The issues / solution could be: try alterantive usb socket, make sure base is in pc mode, full use of the the wheel is only available on podium bases DD1 & 2 at present, try updating on a different pc or laptop,

Hope that helps

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%