Fanatec or Thrustmaster

Hi, my g27 just broke down, I changed the encoder twice. I dont want to know anything else about that wheel. I want to buy a servo + wheel, so I can use the g27 pedals which I really like. I need a wheel set that wont break down.

What do you recommend? Should I use thrustmaster or fanatec?

Thanks,

I do not agree with either of these points.

First, at least here in the US, you can get a CSW V2 and P1 rim for $760 shipped. The cheapest direct drive option, an Accuforce with no hub, will cost you almost $1400, with shipping.

Moreover, having owned the CSW, T300 and TX, I can assure you that the V2 is a definite step up. You did well in buying one.
In the US? I can get behind that. In EU however, you spend way more. The CSW v2 hub ALONE is 750 euro. Thats more than twice the price of a T300 package (which includes base, basic pedals and a rim). It's really hard to argue for such pricing. I personally dont find the difference between the 2 worth almost triple the cost in the EU. The CSW v2 is a better wheelbase for sure, hell everything Fanatec is better, but is it 3x better than the thrustmaster stuff, I'd say no. It's definitely better though.

With the new CSL wheel things might change a bit .Fanatec has some really nice rims I'd love to be able to use. Considered upgrading to the CSL from my TX, but eventually decided not to as it kinda seems like throwing away money in the pond. Current setup works for me, my next setup up will be OSW (or a Accuforce)

Upvote 0
v2 is inarguably (ie objectively) a step up from the TM bases, but im curious how that translates to the user? to me the appeal of fanatec is those kickass rims.

ive been pretty confident after upgrading to a TX theres little reason to step up to the V2 (& it's not gonna be happening anyway), but still wonder what im missing out on/if its worth the $$$ for someone coming in clean.

Upvote 0
In current EU pricing, the CSWv2 base and any GT type rim comes to €1000+, so "worth it" is somewhat relative.

Given current EU OSW kit pricing, it's a valid question whether paying around €1000 for a CSWv2 over a €300 TX/T300 is a logical step for anyone, compared to just spending the extra on an OSW.... which I think everyone who has tried one is pretty clear represents a much bigger jump up in performance than TX to CSWv2..... doesn't it?

Upvote 0
I'm in a dilemma, please help :(:confused::geek:

Fanatec CSL Elite base €400 + Elite Pedals LoadCell €220 + P1 Elite wheel 2nd hand €120 = €740
vs
Thrusmaster TX €255 + T3pa Pro €135 (plus tougher springs €30) + Sparco Rally wheel 2nd hand €140 = €560

I got a TH8a + ricmotech short shift + 3drap tough feel with it. plus diy handbrake

Upvote 0
Well, it depends on your preference, it will vary between users... I personally prefer TM bases and Rims, but Fanatec pedals is a no brainer, so I ended with the base + rim I love ( TS-XW Sparco) and the CSP V3. I don´t know on your country, but here in Spain, the TS-PC is at good price, and combine it with the Fanatec Elite pedals LC, is much better than the TX base.

https://www.discoazul.com/volante-thrustmaster-ts-pc-racer.html

Is really up to you :)

Upvote 0
In current EU pricing, the CSWv2 base and any GT type rim comes to €1000+, so "worth it" is somewhat relative.

Given current EU OSW kit pricing, it's a valid question whether paying around €1000 for a CSWv2 over a €300 TX/T300 is a logical step for anyone, compared to just spending the extra on an OSW.... which I think everyone who has tried one is pretty clear represents a much bigger jump up in performance than TX to CSWv2..... doesn't it?
This was the dilemma i was in, wanted to upgrade from a t300 so it was either the tspc racer or a fanatec elite/csw 2.5 in the end i decided to go for a proper upgrade and go osw. Now i have the best and wont have to upgrade for a long long time.
DSC09568small.jpg

Upvote 0

It all depends on what you are racing on. If on the PC then no brainer. If on the Xbox then I would go CSW V2.5 or the TS-XW. If you have a PS4 then the CSL elite with Clubsport V3 pedals if you can afford it or the CSL elite pedals with load cell option and the McLaren GT3 rim which will also work with Xbox as well. Just remember that the Fanatec set up has more rim options then Thrustmaster.

Upvote 0
It all depends on what you are racing on. If on the PC then no brainer. If on the Xbox then I would go CSW V2.5 or the TS-XW. If you have a PS4 then the CSL elite with Clubsport V3 pedals if you can afford it or the CSL elite pedals with load cell option and the McLaren GT3 rim which will also work with Xbox as well. Just remember that the Fanatec set up has more rim options then Thrustmaster.

I pretty much agree with everything stated here. I will throw in one caveat that there are T-Master adapters available for use with other rims.

I went from a T300 to a CSW 2.5 and the difference was quite remarkable. I'm a PC only guy and though, yes, I do expect at some point to get myself a dd wheel base, I'm in no big hurry.

Back to the original question of @FrejkiChodak, I would recommend the Fanatec route of the two you are looking for.

Upvote 0
I will throw in one caveat that there are T-Master adapters available for use with other rims.

I agree with this with the exception that the rim adapters only work with the PC and not the consoles. You are pretty much stuck with what the manufactures offer for the rim to be compatible. You can add a different rim to the stock button base if you are handy, but you would have to modify either the rim or the button base.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years