Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
thx@ Moxley6969, from hundreds of users who reached out to help me, explain, taking time to write fully detailed PM's and chat sessions about AC and Fanatec hardware! absolutely wonderful, great to know such great community members still exist out there with knowledge and expertise, based on experience and hands-on know-how! thx again @Moxley6969 for all the detailed explanation, walkthroughs and guidance on GFX, FFB and other settings in AC!!! (and ob my Fanatec setup!!!)

Upvote 0
guys, I just got a Fanatec handbrake and CS USB adapter but I'm a bit lost here. Fanatec states for the USB adapter that "If operated with the ClubSport Handbrake the device needs to be updated with a different firmware", but no mention on where to get the firmware.

Driver downloads leave me with zip file that upon extracting come out as bunch of meaningless files and no executables.

I can see the usb adapter in my devices listed as CS usb shifter and properties show that button 9 is on...I have to disconnect the thing as it overrides my t500 in some games.

Any help is appreciated as Fanatec seems slower than my granny in snow blizzard.

Tommi, the firmware comes bundled with the drivers and you can start the firmware update from within the driver properties.
If the archive only presents you with files that are not executables my bet is that you virusscanner quarantined the .exe file.
I run Norton and it sometimes deleted the new file from a driver update.

Upvote 0
Thanks Robin, I'll look into it later today. Fanatec support suggested me to use win-rar instead of 7-zip. Actually got a recognized msi file out of that but when I go to double click it, windows asks which programme to run it on...still does not work. I'm pretty fed up.

My devices see handbrake as CS shifter and button 9 is constantly pressed.

I took Fanatec support three days to get back to me and now I have not heard anything for two days. I even sent support my phone number so they cold call me as this one suggestion via email a day is pretty stupid. I'm on the verge of sending this pile back.

Upvote 0
Now that you mention it, I think it does present you with an MSI file. But this is the extension of Windows Installer and should run fine in any recent Windows version...

If it doesn't you should thoroughly check for malware that might have affected your OS.

Or perhaps the MSI got disconnected from its program.
Try this at a Command prompt:
msiexec /i path_to_your_install_file

I do run Winrar as opposed to 7zip, so that might be worth a try.
Www.rarlab.com for Winrar.

I don't have the shifter so I cannot help there, just trying to help with your 'general' problem here. ;)

Upvote 0
Fanatec sent me a download link without compression and it worked. Though it was probably my system that was screwd up. I spent one day reinstalling windows and games after I got stuck in a unsolvable repair loop. Time to go out and get a externasl drive for back-ups.

Upvote 0
Something new coming next week:

7f8baead553db3f2e2375d7a579ce2.jpg

Edit: My bet is that it is not an accessory for the CSW V2 base but a new stand alone wheel: I would say an xbox one/PC (maybe PS4 too) wheel at around 500 USD/EUR (without pedals or with basic ones)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree @Flying Kefran in your bet that it's a new mid class wheel for console+PC, but I hope the price aint €500 without pedals, that'd be too much imo, they need to price it agressively to compete with the T300/TX, I'm sure they can price it a bit above them Thrustmaster wheels (if it's a more attractive choice), but €500 is just way too much.

Upvote 0
Noticed the new "easy" plastic QR system, will be interesting to see how well that holds up.
I'm not in the market for a console wheel but for those who are this seems like a decently priced option (if they own the base already that is).

Upvote 0
I think this wheel was mainly designed for the CSL base which will probably have weaker motor compared to Clubsport V2 base.
I would be interested in new Fanatec base and wheel but I just hate their euro pricing too much.

Upvote 0
Hi , im new here. I start with my problem:
Can someone please give me the link to the right setup, i see 63 pages just on Fanatec wheels on the forum.
My Setup:
Fanatec CSR Wheel
Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals
RSeat RS1
Logitech Z901 5.1 System

The PC:
Asus Maximus VII Formula
Intel i7 4790k
Crossfire Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X OC
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb DDR3
SanDisk 240Gb SSD for the game instalation
NZXT Kraken X61 Water Cooling

i Have the last Firmware and driver for the Wheel.
On wheel settings right now:
Sen:Off
FF:100
Sho:100
Dri:Off
ABS:Off
Lin:000
Dea:000
Spr:0/not off
Dpr:0/not off
Acl:off

On most cars i have strange rumble effects and in fast curves no FFB or just the curbs and in the center position its not like he haves deadzone but its just extreme light .

Upvote 0
On most cars i have strange rumble effects and in fast curves no FFB or just the curbs and in the center position its not like he haves deadzone but its just extreme light .

Which sim(s)? The sim you're in can make as much difference as the settings on the wheel. Off-hand, I don't see anything wrong in your wheel settings.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back