Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
ROFLMAO

@Kris
Well at least at those kind of prices it will be some dainty fancy ass shoes wallopping you round the head, and not a pair of steel toe capped Doc Martins :D

Like your spirit dude ... guess this could be classed as a case of "buy now, pay later!" ... good luck with you dear lady :good:

Bob mate ... don't worry, as much as I would love to think this will give me that extra bit of speed that I fear I still need quite badly, I am fairly sure that is very much just a dream ... but if the missus asks, then I am 10 seconds a lap faster - right! :wink2:
... it won't help me expand the mini's fuel tank by 1 litre either, so even if I do escape, you'll still probably be getting gifts like the one last week from me :D

Upvote 0
ROFLMAO

@Kris
Well at least at those kind of prices it will be some dainty fancy ass shoes wallopping you round the head, and not a pair of steel toe capped Doc Martins :D

Like your spirit dude ... guess this could be classed as a case of "buy now, pay later!" ... good luck with you dear lady :good:

Bob mate ... don't worry, as much as I would love to think this will give me that extra bit of speed that I fear I still need quite badly, I am fairly sure that is very much just a dream ... but if the missus asks, then I am 10 seconds a lap faster - right! :wink2:
... it won't help me expand the mini's fuel tank by 1 litre either, so even if I do escape, you'll still probably be getting gifts like the one last week from me :D

Have fun with it Lee. I got mine sitting in a box downstairs waiting to be opened in 2 weeks :p

I currently use James' old DFP so hopefully it will be a good upgrade :)

Upvote 0
it won't help me expand the mini's fuel tank by 1 litre either, so even if I do escape, you'll still probably be getting gifts like the one last week from me :D

Oh yes I will always accept charity donations, last weeks was the most touching gift ever, to purposely leave yourself 1L light on fuel is a selfless act of huge proportions and I salute you.:beer:

Upvote 0
Just as I was beginning to despair and think that it wasn't going to arrive today ... the doorbell rang literally one minute ago and the lovely man from UPS was standing there ... I nearly kissed him :D

Unpacking about to commence :woot2:

Upvote 0
Matt ... at first I was a little scared about what I had done ... but now after a few hours messing about, setting it up, and getting used to it, ohhh now ...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3NKInsjxwo[/media]Place that order mate :wink2:

Upvote 0
the lovely man from UPS was standing there ... I nearly kissed him :D
That won't happen over here... UPS site announced delivery for Monday. Despite a nice note on the door no UPS seen... same for today so I called UPS telling them to leave the shipment in the warehouse (I worked for DHL so I know +/- how they work) No problem they told me... untill I arrived at their warehouse. I heard 10 different excuses from 15 different people, but noone knew where my package is exactly.
Asked them if I could collect my package myself tomorrow evening but this would be impossible (???)
Complete and utter screwups I tell ya!

(BTW: the lovely wife took the news rather well *)

*=normally place for a smiley, but really not in the mood to smile.

Upvote 0
  • Hayden Walker

i got g25 for £140 pounds 2 weeks ago not even out box yet looking forward to opening the beast :D

Upvote 0
I'm itching to get my hands on mine, can't untill xmas day, providing I have my new pc built by then.
GTR Evo and Richard burns rally popped through the door today also.
It's going to be a long week......

Upvote 0
Yesterday when I arrived home I noticed a grey box in the hallway... It arrived finally! :clap:
Few remarks:
1. Ordered with Amazon.co.uk which means british power supply (110V instead of 220V) :disapointed: Luckily it has the same adaptor as my Momo (with 220V connector) So I inmediately could give it a try :highfive:
2. There's a rFactor CD included... Haven't installed it yet, so I don't know if this is the full version or some kind of demo.:question:
3. The first runs I did I crashed in every corner due to
A) No braking because I was hitting the clutch instead
B) Braking not hard enough because I'm used to the very sensitive Momo pedals
Inmediately noticed one has much more feeling with the car (and thus control) in braking zones.

Upvote 0
Chris mate ...
1) UK power is 240V, and the power supply I got has an input rating of between 100-240V ... or did you mean the overly large English power cable? I had a spare laptop cable kicking around so used that.
2) rF - its a full version as far as I am aware (I already bought rFactor a couple of months back so not tested it :()
3) a) I wrecked Ben in T1 in the rF truck race the other night cos of still not being used to this ... nearly tipped myself out of my chair I was pressing the clutch pedal (instead of brake) so hard :doh:.
b) Once you get into it, you will notice just how much more feel the G25 package gives you and that it is so totally obvious this wheel was sat on the developers desks when they designed and built Race/Evo/etc. I am soooooo in love with the brakes ... its where I was always feeling very vague in the past, but now, I can stomp on them or delicately glaze them and know pretty much exactly how much pressure is hitting the brake calipers :woot:

The other major thing to look out for is that by default, in Evo, my brake pedal had a huge deadzone, so when just gently pressing the brake nothing was registering for me, once I fixed this, I instantly went much quicker

I find I can now catch also the backend of RWD's/GT's too when I get it spinning-up and all out of shape, previously it would go left, right, left, right, then I would just spin out completely ... the extra feel from the G25 has given me so much more confidence to chuck the car around, and has helped me in knocking 8 seconds off my laptime at Nordy (or more) in the past week (RDGTC training) :laugh2:

Enjoy mate ... I am loving my G25 upgrade, despite being worried what I had done for the first few hours of owning it :highfive:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back